GDT: Blue Jackets at Panthers....Christmas Calamities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
That was really cool.

Kuli and Barky were directly in front of me in line at chipotle just now for lunch in east boca.

I've never seen anyone get more food than they did in my life. Def bulking up.

I told them they were doing a great job right now and to keep up the good work.

In case anyone was wondering Kuli drives a new Skyline GTR.

I feel like I was just blessed by the pope.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
That was really cool.

Kuli and Barky were directly in front of me in line at chipotle just now for lunch in east boca.

That's awesome!

-ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
That was really cool.

Very cool.

I met Kuli last year when I got to go into the dressing room after a game via Campbell.
Real nice guy. I talked and walked out with him to his car after. Thought he drove a black lambo, but I don't really know cars that much.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
That was really cool.

They stopped making the Skyline in 2002, no? I could understand if it was the new GTR as that is one nice ride.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Pirri with Bjugstad hasn't worked and Shaw (knowing Gallant, he isn't even going to give the rest a chance) is more of a crash&bang, go to the net kind of guy. Bjugstad needs a playmaker (Huberdeau/JJ/Trocheck), otherwise he's just going bash his head on the wall and try to do it all by himself, which never works.

While I agree that Pirri and Bjugstad on the same line has not worked, the problem is that Bjugstad hasn't really found lasting chemistry with anyone just yet. Closest would be Huberdeau and I think everyone would agree that breaking up the HBJ line would be a massive mistake. There is no clear answer on what is the best thing to do with Bjugstad, but you can't sit him once healthy and you shouldn't be breaking up the 2 lines that are mostly responsible for the current hot streak.

I also agree that Bjugstad needs a playmaker with him. He is not a distributor at all, but a Pirri-Bjugstad-Shaw line that focuses on getting pucks to the net and then crashing the net for rebounds could be very successful.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
That was really cool.

during the season, these guys are eating 3000+ calories on off days. Its not about bulking up, but about keeping up their carbs/nutrients because their workouts/practices/games results in a ton of energy loss.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
That was really cool.

Hope they don't get e-coli that would be so Panthers. :help:

And they have a good supply of this at home.

Cool that you ran into them.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
That was really cool.

Really cool! Were they speaking english or russian? I hope you bowed down to the mighty hatter god!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
This makes me curious to see if Bjugs & Shaw could find the same chemistry as Bjugs & Hayes. :dunno:

I wouldn't mind seeing a Howden-Bjugstad-Shaw 3rd line.

Size, speed, grit and some scoring touch. The wingers can do the dirty work up front while Bjugstad can fire off his shot.
I'm not saying that Bjugs with Shaw can't work, but it would need a better passer than Pirri or Howden.

That was really cool.

Very cool.

I met Kuli last year when I got to go into the dressing room after a game via Campbell.
Real nice guy. I talked and walked out with him to his car after. Thought he drove a black lambo, but I don't really know cars that much.
There was a Finnish news story about NHL players cars before the season started and it said that Barkov got a new GTR (think he had a BMW M5 previously?), there was a FB post about it as a source but it's now been removed.

So it was more than likely Barkov's car, maybe he let Kuli drive it if you saw him get on the driver's seat? :dunno:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Hope they don't get e-coli that would be so Panthers. :help:

And they have a good supply of this at home.

Cool that you ran into them.

No kidding. Coworker went there couple weeks ago(Jupiter), stomach was upset for a week to put it short and clean.

Anyways, that is pretty badass to see them up close like that.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I'm not saying that Bjugs with Shaw can't work, but it would need a better passer than Pirri or Howden.

There was a Finnish news story about NHL players cars before the season started and it said that Barkov got a new GTR (think he had a BMW M5 previously?), there was a FB post about it as a source but it's now been removed.

So it was more than likely Barkov's car, maybe he let Kuli drive it if you saw him get on the driver's seat? :dunno:

It's possible thought I saw kuli get out of driver's seat but I could be wrong.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

True and I agree. Just would hate to pull Jokinen from the Tro-Smith line.

Slim pickings after Huberdeau and Jokinen at either wing, disregarding Smith.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

Pope_Barky.jpg

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
We need detective batting on the case.

Is that me? :)

I know Barkov had a gray BMW 640i as recently as last season...didn't know about the GTR although it's certainly possible. Kuli had a Lamborghini Gallardo I'm pretty sure, but again, an upgrade is very possible.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Don't **** with Guddy

I love when he gives people the business:laugh: SO many people I know call him a bust because they look at his stats alone. So far from one.

Hartnell just took a Gatorade along with him from the penalty box, that was hilarious.

I thought it was a dick move from dick guy. Squirting yellow onto the ice too.

I can't ****ing believe this team is 1st place. This is insane.

I just never envisioned it until another year or two.

I rather they did not. Just brings out hate and trolls no matter what. We have a good thing going on this board. We do not seek fame we are Panthers fans.

This made me laugh so true last part:laugh:

Give me one good argument why he would sign here? On this one you have to bring the gospel to me since i can't see it.

He just bought house in state of Florida. Family /partner moved too. Team is winning now. Need a player like him. Florida might finish 3rd or 4th in acquiring his interests but worth a try.

I will never get this 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. team thing ive seen around here. But cheers!

Same. Kind of pitiful.

Did you guys see Sasha doing that hook/spear thing that Soupy does after the game?

-ghoste

It's awesome:fence: I remember about month ago Campbell getting mad at Ekblad because he would not stop it :naughty:

I love that. Him and Ekblad are the main culprit

Barkov jumped into lately but Ekblad and Campbell is the best.

All true my friend.

Have to add the coch made the dramatic move of admitting bollands failure, sending him down and keeping Trocheck as the permanent center. That joined with he's playing the 4th line less in 3rd periods. Those lineup moves were the biggest mistakes and he corrected them which is clearly why we are in this roll.
So the criticism was warranted IMHO but then we have to give him credit for adjusting.

Either way exciting times !!!

When did Coach Gallant admit this ??

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
That was really cool.

You didn't get on your knee's in front of the pope?!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
All true my friend.

Have to add the coch made the dramatic move of admitting bollands failure, sending him down and keeping Trocheck as the permanent center. That joined with he's playing the 4th line less in 3rd periods. Those lineup moves were the biggest mistakes and he corrected them which is clearly why we are in this roll.
So the criticism was warranted IMHO but then we have to give him credit for adjusting.

Either way exciting times !!!

GM's send players down not coaches. While they have there say it's Tallon's decision in the end and while that I was shocked that Tallon admitted his mistake and sent Bolland down and hopefully he'll be bought out next off season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad