GDT: Blue Jackets at Panthers....Christmas Calamities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I would like hbj
Smith jugs tro
Pirri mac jj
Shaw knight howden..
Brickley goes back down

Trocheck needs to play center. He's 100X better as center than wing. It would be crazy to break up the second line for Bjugstad. Put Bjugstad in at center for the third line with Shaw and Pirri. Mack is third line center and Knight goes down.

hubs-Barkov-Jagr
JJ-Tro-Smith
Pirri-Bjugstad-Shaw
Brickley-Mack-Howden

EstConf96*

But we aren't talking about the prospect pool right now, we're talking about it 5-7 years down the road and it's about guys that haven't even been drafted yet. For this team, or any team for that matter, to remain a contender for a extended period of time, teams need a good developmental system that's capable of supplementing the core with young guys on ELCs & cheap bridges.

Look no further than Pittsburgh as a classic example of how to shoot yourself in the foot by trading away all your picks & prospects for band-aid.

We are talking about one 1st here so i do not agree with this. However in the long run yes. You should not trade away the 1st every year for being a playoff team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
In my opinion you are delusional if you think Stamkos would ever sign here. Do you not think Torontos blanc check would beat us in a race for his signature?

The only "valid" differentiating argument to signing there is that he is a Toronto kid. That's delusional. Babcock or no Babcock, it's still a losing team.

EstConf96*

Big names LITERALLY NEVER go for what fans on message boards think they do. Look at the history of trading big stars.

Very VERY rarely is there value met in a trade, especially someone like JVR who may not be a 40-goal threat, but is definitely a 30-goal scorer. He won't cost any of our young guys at all except MAYBE a guy like Pirri.

Never said JvR would. My post was to Jean Luc talking about getting Stamkos or another player like him (40g).

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If this keeps up by the TDL, I'm ok with going all in.

Our window with Jagr and Luongo is tiny.

if we are looking strong, get a Buff or a Ladd and make a run out of it

EstConf96*

The only "valid" differentiating argument to signing there is that he is a Toronto kid. That's delusional. Babcock or no Babcock, it's still a losing team.

Give me one good argument why he would sign here? On this one you have to bring the gospel to me since i can't see it.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
hubs-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad-Howden
JJ-Tro-Smith
Brickley-Mack-Shaw

There now Bjugstad is on the second line so he's back where he was before his injury.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Trocheck needs to play center. He's 100X better as center than wing. It would be crazy to break up the second line for Bjugstad. Put Bjugstad in at center for the third line with Shaw and Pirri. Mack is third line center and Knight goes down.

hubs-Barkov-Jagr
JJ-Tro-Smith
Pirri-Bjugstad-Shaw
Brickley-Mack-Howden

Trocheck hasn't been so unreal that he has supplanted Bjugs as 2nd c... but he has earned top6 ice time... he doesn't need to play center he just needs to play with good players... him on Bjugstad wing would be fine and more of a threat than our current 2nd line

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Give me one good argument why he would sign here? And not for any of the other 29 teams?

That's not determined now. The argumentation for that will happen on 1st of July. Buffs and JVRs are band aids/non-40g-wingers that Tallon has said he has no interest in.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Just wanted to say, as a Canucks fan, the Panthers are my 2nd favourite team in the NHL and it's awesome to see you guys in 1st place in the Atlantic. Holy crap. Best thing I've seen in a long time :) Montreal sucks.!!!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Trocheck hasn't been so unreal that he has supplanted Bjugs as 2nd c... but he has earned top6 ice time... he doesn't need to play center he just needs to play with good players... him on Bjugstad wing would be fine and more of a threat than our current 2nd line
Trocheck is far more effective at centre than wing. It is a good problem to have with bjugstad coming back.

EstConf96*

Just wanted to say, as a Canucks fan, the Panthers are my 2nd favourite team in the NHL and it's awesome to see you guys in 1st place in the Atlantic. Holy crap. Best thing I've seen in a long time :) Montreal sucks.!!!

I will never get this 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. team thing ive seen around here. But cheers!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Trocheck is far more effective at centre than wing.
I thought this was already proven to be a myth when he played well on the 2nd line wing, then struggled as the 3C before Bjugstad got injured and Bolland got sent packing.

Whether it's center or wing, the main thing thing is to play him with capable top6 players, Smith & JJ being good examples, Bolland & Pirri being bad examples.

Knight is probably going to get sent down though, so that makes this whole Trocheck vs. Bjugstad @center -debate null.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Has any of our lines besides our 1st really been doing that great not to split up? Doesn't seem like it to me.

We still struggle to score more than 2 even when dominating.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

hubs-Barkov-Jagr
JJ-Tro-Smith
Pirri-Bjugstad-Shaw
Brickley-Mack-Howden

These are the lines I like as well, other than Howden & Brick need to be switched ;)

I think pairing Shaw with Bjugs could hopefully bring us the same kind of production we saw last season with Jimmy Hayes and Bjugs.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
just got back from the game.

It feels great I can't remember when's the last time we had 6 in a row.

Have to mention that Huberdeau was amazing today, loved the physical side he showed today and his pass to Barky for that 2nd goal was soooo good.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
just got back from the game.

It feels great I can't remember when's the last time we had 6 in a row.

Have to mention that Huberdeau was amazing today, loved the physical side he showed today and his pass to Barky for that 2nd goal was soooo good.

2008 was the last time we won 6 in a row if i remember correct.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Atmosphere was great tonight...was scary towards the end, but we pulled through.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Atmosphere was great tonight...was scary towards the end, but we pulled through.

First game ever where the entire section was cats fans. Felt good.

Guess it helped playing the jackets but the crowd was very good for a low turnout of opposing team fans.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
There is zero chance Trocheck moves off center when Bjugs returns.

Mckenzie will move to 4th and Coby returns to AHL.

Anyone watching the games see the difference Trocheck he plays center and the fallacy that he's as good as a wing. To think that is as ridiculous as to think, well, bolland is awesome.

Both absurdidies have been dispelled and a main reason we are in lst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad