GDT: Blue Jackets at Panthers....Christmas Calamities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
No reason to break up the trocheck line. Gallant roles 4 lines almost every night so bjugstad playing on the 3rd line isn't a big deal, especially because he will likely be on the point for the 1st PP anyway.
I expect them to go with
Hbj
Jokinen-trocheck-smith
Pirri-bjugstad-shaw/howden
Brickley-Mackenzie-howden/shaw

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Safe to come around here, or are there still some looking for something to pick apart? Plenty of ups and downs left in this season, but this is fun and they kids are growing unbelievably. Bolland is the only black eye and he's been given a wake up call, one everyone has apparently heard. Looking forward to following the boys the rest of this season.

As I said, would've been foolish to fire the coach.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
In my opinion you are delusional if you think Stamkos would ever sign here. Do you not think Torontos blanc check would beat us in a race for his signature? I would have us in the bottom in the race for Stamkos.

That would be "blank check" and the salary cap does not permit another team to go 5 million above the rest of everybody ie Boston Red Sox and David Price to get a guy.

I think Stamkos likes the money the weather and the non media pressure, he may not sign here, hell, we may not be interested, but I doubt seriously he is going to Toronto.

Him and his agent are leveraging the Bolts, its called a negotiation.

:popcorn:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Safe to come around here, or are there still some looking for something to pick apart? Plenty of ups and downs left in this season, but this is fun and they kids are growing unbelievably. Bolland is the only black eye and he's been given a wake up call, one everyone has apparently heard. Looking forward to following the boys the rest of this season.

Correct, change for the sake of change, I saw the graphic last night Gallant is now 18 games over .500 as Panthers coach, do not know if we have EVER had a coach come close to a .600 winning percentage, lol. Doug McLean?

Things are looking up...

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We are talking about one 1st here so i do not agree with this. However in the long run yes. You should not trade away the 1st every year for being a playoff team.

Talk to the Red Wings about how trading all their firsts almost every year has cramped their development program.

:sarcasm:

If the deal is right for the franchise you make it. You just have to trust the decision makers. It is much easier to do with the current front office than ever before...

EstConf96*

Talk to the Red Wings about how trading all their firsts almost every year has cramped their development program.

:sarcasm:

If the deal is right for the franchise you make it. You just have to trust the decision makers. It is much easier to do with the current front office than ever before...

This is like saying "water is wet and fire is hot" kind of self explanatory. I do agree with you about having trust in the front office. However Tallon saying he is going after a 40g scorer sounds like bs in my ears.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
That would be "blank check" and the salary cap does not permit another team to go 5 million above the rest of everybody ie Boston Red Sox and David Price to get a guy.

I think Stamkos likes the money the weather and the non media pressure, he may not sign here, hell, we may not be interested, but I doubt seriously he is going to Toronto.

Him and his agent are leveraging the Bolts, its called a negotiation.

:popcorn:

Agreed. Toronto is a candidate but it's highly unlikely candidate if he wants to play in the playoffs soon rather than later. It's either Stamkos or the mixed bag of triplets/Killorn/Namestikov/Brown/Paquette/Hedman/etc out of TBL. Regardless, it's gonna be interesting, imo more than the Toews/Kane-contracts due to the amount of players needing to be signed.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

All true my friend.

Have to add the coch made the dramatic move of admitting bollands failure, sending him down and keeping Trocheck as the permanent center. That joined with he's playing the 4th line less in 3rd periods. Those lineup moves were the biggest mistakes and he corrected them which is clearly why we are in this roll.
So the criticism was warranted IMHO but then we have to give him credit for adjusting.

Either way exciting times !!!

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
There is zero chance Trocheck moves off center when Bjugs returns.

Mckenzie will move to 4th and Coby returns to AHL.

Anyone watching the games see the difference Trocheck he plays center and the fallacy that he's as good as a wing. To think that is as ridiculous as to think, well, bolland is awesome.

Both absurdidies have been dispelled and a main reason we are in lst.
It's more likely that Knight gets sent down, but I wouldn't put it at Trocheck at C or bust. Knight has played well and arguably better than Trocheck did in the bottom6, so it's possible that Gallant wants to keep Knight/Mac, rather than put Trocheck again in a position where he isn't going to be as successful.

The whole situation with Bjugs coming back is a double-edged sword. At the same time, we want to keep the line together that has worked (current 2nd line), but by doing that, Bjugs wingers aren't going to be as good and that line is going to suffer. So do you break up Trocheck's line, play Trocheck on Bjugs wing (which was proven to work) or what? Only Gallant knows.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
well i definitely wouldnt break up either line, keep hbj together and definitely keep trocheck smith and jussi together. bjugstad is usually his line anyways, pirri on one wing and someone like howden on the other is fine.i wouldnt even be opposed to something like knight down the middle with pirri and bjugstad on the wings, but i know that won't happen.

with the top two lines clicking on all cylinders, both of our goalies playing fantastic, and the kulikov-ekblad and campbell-gudbranson being perfect combinations, we're playing fantastic and actually believing we can win. confidence is huge. 12 of the last 15, who would've thought? its incredible.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Condon confirmed for the game vs. Tampa and Scrivens is the backup, so Scrivens is probably playing tomorrow.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I think Jokinen is the utility guy here, he works pretty much on any line. Would like to see Bjugs at least start on Trocheck's wing:

HBJ
Bjugs-Tro-Smith
Jokinen-Knight-Shaw
Brickley-Mack-Howden

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
It's more likely that Knight gets sent down, but I wouldn't put it at Trocheck at C or bust. Knight has played well and arguably better than Trocheck did in the bottom6, so it's possible that Gallant wants to keep Knight/Mac, rather than put Trocheck again in a position where he isn't going to be as successful.

The whole situation with Bjugs coming back is a double-edged sword. At the same time, we want to keep the line together that has worked (current 2nd line), but by doing that, Bjugs wingers aren't going to be as good and that line is going to suffer. So do you break up Trocheck's line, play Trocheck on Bjugs wing (which was proven to work) or what? Only Gallant knows.

who says Bjugstad won't be successful centering Pirri and Howden/Shaw?

Panthers have two lines that are clicking right now. The prudent thing to do is to try and make a 3rd line and see how it plays out. If Bjugstad's line doesn't work and the team starts to struggle, adjust then. The minutes difference between the 2nd and 3rd line is almost minimal any way.

EstConf96*

Panthers have two lines that are clicking right now. The prudent thing to do is to try and make a 3rd line and see how it plays out. If Bjugstad's line doesn't work and the team starts to struggle, adjust then. The minutes difference between the 2nd and 3rd line is almost minimal any way.

I say stick with what we have going now. Put Bjugstad at 3rd line for a while.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Pirri with Bjugstad hasn't worked and Shaw (knowing Gallant, he isn't even going to give the rest a chance) is more of a crash&bang, go to the net kind of guy. Bjugstad needs a playmaker (Huberdeau/JJ/Trocheck), otherwise he's just going bash his head on the wall and try to do it all by himself, which never works.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Pirri with Bjugstad hasn't worked and Shaw (knowing Gallant, he isn't even going to give the rest a chance) is more of a crash&bang, go to the net kind of guy. Bjugstad needs a playmaker (Huberdeau/JJ/Trocheck), otherwise he's just going bash his head on the wall and try to do it all by himself, which never works.

Which is why I think the team is one move player away from being a serious threat.

HBJ
Pirri-Bjugstad-X
JJ - Tro- Smith
Howden Dmac Shaw

Thornton
Brickley
Kampfer

wherr X is someone like an Andrew Ladd, Simmonds, and the like.

It would give us 3 solid, solid lines that has a mix of two way play and legitimate offensive threat.

As Ive said, if the team keeps this up till the TDL, have to try to put your chips in. Jagr is going to be 44 and Luongo is going to be 37.

Gotta explore the options without overpaying too, too much.

Something around a 1st plus, but no rentals, extensions are a must.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

This makes me curious to see if Bjugs & Shaw could find the same chemistry as Bjugs & Hayes. :dunno:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing a Howden-Bjugstad-Shaw 3rd line.

Size, speed, grit and some scoring touch. The wingers can do the dirty work up front while Bjugstad can fire off his shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad