• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Stay out of that ****ing box.

Fortunately we are the least placed team that still playing, so we don't have the home ice :naughty:

If we lose the series it would be even more frustrating than the last 2 series loss to pens because at least it was a good hockey team 5 on 5

The refs pathetic. Are we playing in the conference final or a preseason game? At least those 2 ppg were on legit calls, soft but legit. Not like those 2 ghosts calls from g2

Well, it's time for Nicky to come back.
13 19 77
10 20 18

I would put Bura out even if Connolly doesn't have his 2 game goal streak
Burakovsky isn't a factor. I'd drop him too, tbh. No SOG last night and shooting is the only thing he's half decent at really.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
This may be a ridiculous question but are we allowed to wear our white unis for home games?

I want to know if we can defer home ice advantage. Yeesh.

We suck at home, and it's a pattern as obvious as choking to Pitt most years. Florida with home ice advantage may be the best thing that ever happened to us. Oshie must love it as it's not just him putting on his over passing hat. The pressure put onto the team at home presumed by than fans is a force to be reckoned with. My idea, have the fans cheer for Florida for game 4.

I like @g00n's idea - make them stay in a hotel for game 6. Motel.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I want to know if we can defer home ice advantage. Yeesh.

We suck at home, and it's a pattern as obvious as choking to Pitt most years. Florida with home ice advantage may be the best thing that ever happened to us. Oshie must love it as it's not just him putting on his over passing hat. The pressure put onto the team at home presumed by than fans is a force to be reckoned with. My idea, have the fans cheer for Florida for game 4.

I like @g00n's idea - make them stay in a hotel for game 6. Motel.

That's what football (real football, not american football :naughty:) do.
Even with a home game, they day before, everybody stays at the hotel.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Other thoughts: the 13-20-77 line is really good. Not sure what their fancies were last night and I know Eller had some penalties but they work really well together.

Also, Kuznetsov is consistently the best player on the ice. He commands attention on every shift and the Lightning look like they're on their heels as soon as he has the puck.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Played fine I thought. Couple of penalties that Tampa took advantage of were the difference. Sweep was very unlikely, Tampa is an exceptional team and is healthy. I wouldn't go as far as saying game 4 is the series but obviously it is a big one. Looking forward to see how the Caps respond. They've answered every call so far this post season.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It's remarkable to me that with all the advancements in player safety/hard shell pads etc, that we see guys wincing in pain after almost every shot block. Florida had 3 guys get hit with pucks in one of our PPs, and all 3 were showing obvious pain. Shot blocking just seems to be a lost art. Toughness seems to be lost as well. Guys don't lay down now, which runs risk of screening the goalie. Sure at the benefit of staying on their skates. But there is a trade off there.

It's funny, before the game I was wondering how the hell linesman can tell when a player gets the puck over center, before dumping it in. They basically need to see when and where the puck left the blade. And sure enough, we had a gift non icing. They are just guessing. Watch for replays in the future.

How about Kempny cross checking Point was it? and he "had" to go the dressing room. He was in the damn way and deserved to get run over. He should have been called for interference.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
3fers - c'mon its the playoffs

Good
Um... that Oshie pass to Kuzy, and Kuzy.
Willy truckin' someone and NBC not calling for his head
Connolly - dat quick release

Bad
PK looked tired. Are you tired , Lisa? #simpsons
Dumb penalties, led by Holts trip. And Eller skating around with the puck.
Orlov playing RW.

Mehgly
Holts - needs to be our PK brickwall and cheat the one timers from the dots.
The luster of our new 2nd line may be wearing off
Barry - I feel like he didn't do effective line matching (don't know for sure)

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
which one of yall changed your underwear? which one of yall went to the game when you know they don't win when you go? which one of yall is to blame?!

This was never going to be a sweep. We were due a stinker or loss. Let's put on another 4-5 game winning streak starting now.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
3fers - c'mon its the playoffs

Good
Um... that Oshie pass to Kuzy, and Kuzy.
Willy truckin' someone and NBC not calling for his head
Connolly - dat quick release

Bad
PK looked tired. Are you tired , Lisa? #simpsons
Dumb penalties, led by Holts trip. And Eller skating around with the puck.
Orlov playing RW.

Mehgly
Holts - needs to be our PK brickwall and cheat the one timers from the dots.
The luster of our new 2nd line may be wearing off
Barry - I feel like he didn't do effective line matching (don't know for sure)
I'll add Djoos to the "good". Kid's growing and didn't look like a rookie last night.

Also didn't realize that the Capitals record against TB in the playoffs at home is 0 and 6. That's right the Capitals have never beaten the Bolts on home ice during the playoffs. Obviously, that's gonna change come Thursday.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Is there anything besides line matching that provides the potential for home ice advantage? Faceoffs used to be big, but am not sure with the rule changes. What else... Do home teams consistently get more power players? Do home games make the players less focused, what with the 'comforts' of home - aka new kid crying all night. Maybe the players expect the crowd noise to energize them - the horn and lets go caps guy is not working, if so. We know the boards. BFD.

Besides lining teds pockets for an extra game or 2, I am not seeing much of an advantage. Not to mention, losing means not lining pockets for an entire next series. Our home playoff record speaks for itself. Being presidential ain't all that.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
A lot of bad to point out with bumbling passes, inability to keep pucks in the O zone (can't remember the last time I saw so many pucks bounce over sticks ruining offensive possession), and our PK is what 50%? Caps tighten up the PK and this game probably goes into overtime.

I'll pick on Bura here.

Every time I saw him he looked confused, out of sync, and out of the play (he wasn't the only one but is was glaring).

How much more ice time does Trotz give him?

Sword

May 26, 2014
I like Eller, but he was bad last night, took some bad penalties and kept running into his own teammates.

Holtby wasn't tested enough the first 2 games of the series, he looked shaky last night.

The PK was atrocious again. It all started with Orpik's failed attempt at clearing the puck on the first goal.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
But you knew it was coming all the same, right? Willy is a free target.

Yes, and we have been having some...colorful debates...about the topic on the main playoff board as I'm sure you're aware. lol

It's amazing how clueless fans of other teams are when it comes to this double standard. I get that there are going to be biases and limited exposure to players from other teams, but is there another player in the league that has this dynamic going on right now? I doubt it. Hence our avatars.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
A lot of bad to point out with bumbling passes, inability to keep pucks in the O zone (can't remember the last time I saw so many pucks bounce over sticks ruining offensive possession), and our PK is what 50%? Caps tighten up the PK and this game probably goes into overtime.

I'll pick on Bura here.

Every time I saw him he looked confused, out of sync, and out of the play (he wasn't the only one but is was glaring).

100% with you on your assessment of Burakovsky's play last night. Was in attendance in the 400s so you get to watch the players away from the puck and he was totally lost. Not sure if it's his injury that still is impacting his game, but the injury should only be physical and it was his mental game or lack there of that was on full display in a negative way last night.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014

I'll pick on Bura here.

You may as well scratch him and put a guy like Walker or Gersich in, depending what kind of play you want. Bura isn't offering anything right now, and the 3rd round of the playoffs isn't the time for a guy to 'playing himself back into form'

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think what we want are PKers willing to eat some rubber, or are quick to get into a guys face. Rat Face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad