Post-Game Talk: Blots @ Caps - ECF G3

Welp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Best part of our game all night was the 6 on 5. Awful. I don't know if they'll bounce back or not, but I hope they will.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
This was a first effort type game and that shit is not going to fly. A couple of opportunistic finishes but everything else was largely mush.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The 4th goal by Holtby was the backbreaker. The Caps had all the momentum and it was a 2 goal lead. Then he gets caught swimming in his crease trying to look for the puck rather than stay in the appropriate position, and allows a soft goal short side.

He needs to step up.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Well, our depth which had been so praised was awful. I thought Beagle was especially bad. Anyone have his face-off percentage?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Caps weren't at their best tonight. It happens. They looked like they lost 15 percent of the energy they previously had. Plus they looked disorganized for much of the game.

Huge pivotal game on Thursday. Caps better bring it or it will be a long series. The shorter the series the better. Whether a team is banged up or not can mean the difference between winning the cup or not. We'll see what Ovi's made of and if he can get this team back on track. I think he can.

Despite the loss, the Caps are still in control of this series.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
The 4th goal by Holtby was the backbreaker. The Caps had all the momentum and it was a 2 goal lead. Then he gets caught swimming in his crease trying to look for the puck rather than stay in the appropriate position, and allows a soft goal short side.

He needs to step up.
Really? Really?! So i guess you also want Holtby to come out as well and clear pucks. 3 of those goals should have been cleared out.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
They should have been cleared, but he shouldn't have allowed that regardless.
He has bailed his team out on multiple mistakes throughout the playoffs. Tonight was a bad night. And your telling me HOLTBY is the one that needs to step up. How about also putting some pressure on the PK.

superglove39

Mar 29, 2008
As a long-suffering fan, I know it's infuriating to watch the team throw a clunker, but it happens to all. They started unstructured and sloppy and spent the game playing catch up--but never quite got there. The PK sucked! Plus, Holtby was below average. Just wish the Caps could play all these games on the road. Disappointing for all the fans who showed up hoping for something better. Maybe Trotz should book them into a hotel for tomorrow night to simulate a road game. This game was the Caps being the Caps of old. They will recover.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He has bailed his team out on multiple mistakes throughout the playoffs. Tonight was a bad night. And your telling me HOLTBY is the one that needs to step up. How about also putting some pressure on the PK.
Almost the entire team was bad. Holtby probably wants a couple of those back. Orpik too. And Ovie would probably want a redo on some of his shots. It happens. Everyone needs to be better next game.

Reactions: Drakon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad