Blog Reports Holland Has Informed the Ilitches He's Stepping Down

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Likely foreshadowing what happens here in Detroit.
I don't know whether there's enough time between now and the end of Holland's current contract, that I could see enough satisfactory results (deadline moves, draft, off season approach) where I'd consider an extension anything other than the last straw. There's an honest chance that I'd pick a new team to cheer for, full time.

The direction is turning - slowly - towards where it needs to go, but I just don't believe this regime has the chops to get it done.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Benning getting an extension is embarrassing.
I see both sides of the argument, ever since changing directions he's actually made some good managerial decisions and they have some good prospects. If I was a nucks fan I wouldn't be happy, personally.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Is their much of a difference in their bodies if week during the time both men were managers of their respective teams, specific to the moves and decisions made during that time only?...

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not overall resume. Just based on the past 6-7 years/team building approach.
After the whole Loui Erikson thing Jim Benning has changed the direction of the team and is rebuilding it nicely. He made good moves to get Dahlen for Burrows and Goldobin+4th for Hansen (hell that one could've been a 31 pick if the sharks won the cup). So he's more like current Ken Holland but with a realistic view of his hockey club and direction... and much better stocked coffers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad