OT: Blizzard of 2022

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I will say this - pain is easily forgotten, and in the later part of week 3, or week 4 in April we'll likely see + 21 to +24 degrees Celcius, and we can all forget about this cruel and brutal winter. I thought we had global warming ?? where is it? ( I'm a fan)

I also remember playing baseball on my friends birthday on May 18, and it started to snow quite heavily -- so be aware it can happen, but likely won't - hopefully. This is one of the coldest winters in my mind over the last 10 years. Last year was a peach of a winter -- walk in the park.

Maybe because we had very little rain last summer, Mother Nature has a way of balancing the books, and decided the farmers needed a little moisture for the ground. Oh well, I hope it's over, and we can get some sunshine and warmth.

I'm a hot weather guy, and should have been born in California, Florida, Georgia, or somewhere warm like that. I hope to spend next winter in the Philippines, where it's hot, and the "girls" are friendly. :)

Couldn't do that this year, because of Covid restrictions etc.
Liked for putting "Girls" in Quotes :)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The weather network is showing 3cm of snow over 4 days and 10-15 mm of rain?

Bunch of weather guys on the radio this morning were talking about possibility of total precip amounting to 45mms of rain...which could fall as rain, snow, or a combination with freezing rain and thunder storms. Actually, I think it was 45-65mms possible...

Reactions: Jets 31

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The rain will help get rid of the snow.

hey you can paint your pretty pictures all you want I ain't buying it. This weather blows. :nod: We should be sitting around 10 above now on a regular basis. 2 or 3 degrees above zero should be a rarity by now, but it's actually a warm day compared to what we have been seeing. Oh, and there's snow coming Tuesday night through Wednesday as well...so there's that.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
hey you can paint your pretty pictures all you want I ain't buying it. This weather blows. :nod: We should be sitting around 10 above now on a regular basis. 2 or 3 degrees above zero should be a rarity by now, but it's actually a warm day compared to what we have been seeing. Oh, and there's snow coming Tuesday night through Wednesday as well...so there's that.
I hear ya, just a brutal long winter. The average temps are 13C by the way.

My driveway is over 200 feet long. If a neighbour didn't come by and clean it with his big tractor, I'd be into someone for well over $1500.00 this winter.
The worst winter for driving I can remember. The worst winter I can remember and I can remember the Leafs winning the cup!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I hear ya, just a brutal long winter. The average temps are 13C by the way.
yeah I know! I'm not even expecting/contemplating that sort of heat wave. Hell, our daily LOW temps shouldn't be below 0 right now and we're going to hit -16 tonight! :help:

Reactions: Jets 31

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
All the water will be good for many people/animals/areas.
Better to be wet than dry when it comes to theprairies. I can put up with the mosquitoes.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This surface nuisance is getting on My nerves...

Had to take the snow blower out from Thursday of last week thru Sunday out for 4 sessions, including clearing the intersection out in front of our house; people kept getting stuck in their roller-skates and needing help getting out....

It was great helping people, but jeez...

snowblower.jpg

snowblower coming.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad