McKenzie: Blackhawks trying to trade Perlini

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Funny how great Nick Schmaltz is producing compared to last year when Dylan Strome was for the Hawks. Perlini never factored in.
Schmaltz was an offensive force for the Coyotes last season. He just got hurt. Nothing has changed. He was successful in Phoenix immediately.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
It's just a matter of weeks before Stan is shown the door. On paper this team has improved, however a weak and inexperienced head coach , along with 2 aging core defenseman who's salaries are making it impossible to quickly retool on the fly.

Perlini should have been traded in the off season, they waited all summer long before resigning him only to play him 8 minutes?

Perlini alone doesn't get Chicago much in return .

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It's just a matter of weeks before Stan is shown the door. On paper this team has improved, however a weak and inexperienced head coach , along with 2 aging core defenseman who's salaries are making it impossible to quickly retool on the fly.

Perlini should have been traded in the off season, they waited all summer long before resigning him only to play him 8 minutes?

Perlini alone doesn't get Chicago much in return .
i really hope that you are correct in your prediction.

SB should be gone not b/c of only the team's performance but for his screwing up the Lord Stanley's continue run. he massively screwed the pooch and second for those outrageous contracts and trades.

his, SB drafting is not doing it...... meaning saving his job.....

however this is my opinion.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Perlini for

thumbnail_2019-03-13_06.59.51__16158.1553467248.jpg

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Brendan Smith at half
OTT 4th we got for Namest

for

Perlini
acceptable small expiring cap dump

ballpark close numbers
Smith sucks, grit guy only, can bury him if nec or eat half again and move him for like 1m+
somethin like dat

No, not taking an extra year of smiths contact.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Perlini, if Tippett feels it improves the bottom six, really interests me.

Oilers need SOMEONE sending a jolt of offense. He and Gagner could be the start of secondary scoring.

Buy low. Makes sense
Perlini for Pool Party

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
From the Sabres perspective, Perlini for Gilmour seems pretty logical... Or perhaps even Scandella if the cap issues could be ironed out... Something like?

To CHI;
D Marco Scandella ($4M)
C J-S Dea -or- LW Remi Elie ($700K)

To BUF;
RW Brenden Perlini ($874K)
LW Zack Smith ($3.25M)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
From the Sabres perspective, Perlini for Gilmour seems pretty logical... Or perhaps even Scandella if the cap issues could be ironed out... Somethin
g like?

To CHI;
D Marco Scandella ($4M)

To BUF;

LW Zack Smith ($3.25M)

As a hawks fan I would do the deal no problem. But I can't see buffalo doing it at all. Smith has an extra year on his deal. Really no reason for the sabres to take it on.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
As a hawks fan I would do the deal no problem. But I can't see buffalo doing it at all. Smith has an extra year on his deal. Really no reason for the sabres to take it on.

Buffalo basically has 3 things that need attn sooner than later - too many NHL defensemen on the roster, top-9 scoring wing depth & a lack of bottom-6 grit. This trade would address at least 2 of those issues from a Sabres perspective.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Buffalo basically has 3 things that need attn sooner than later - too many NHL defensemen on the roster, top-9
scoring wing depth & a lack of bottom-6 grit. This trade would address at least 2 of those issues from a Sabres perspective.

Like I said I would do the trade as a hawks fan

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
From the Sabres perspective, Perlini for Gilmour seems pretty logical... Or perhaps even Scandella if the cap issues could be ironed out... Something like?

To CHI;
D Marco Scandella ($4M)

To BUF;
LW Zack Smith ($3.25M)

Bit too rich and too many pieces.

Casey Nelson
For
Perlini

Gives Chicago a capable NHL dman with a right shot. Buffalo gets a lotto ticket for someone who most likely won't be back next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad