Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks trade Hjalmarsson to Arizona for Connor Murphy & Laurent Dauphin

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
People disappointed because they have emotional value in #4. He wasn't going to keep taking shots season after season.

This team needs a true retooling. It's likely going to be somewhat painful, but it has to happen. They've been tweaking for too long. It was time to take real action to make the most of the years they have left with Toews and Kane. They have to get younger and faster because the core isn't that any more.

Now go move Seabrook.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Relative to Seabrook and his contract, Hammer was a godsend. It's just a reminder that we have an immovable contract with Seabrook. That's what makes me angry.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
People disappointed because they have emotional value in #4. He wasn't going to keep taking shots season after season.

This team needs a true retooling. It's likely going to be somewhat painful, but it has to happen. They've been tweaking for too long. It was time to take real action to make the most of the years they have left with Toews and Kane. They have to get younger and faster because the core isn't that any more.

Now go move Seabrook.

Seabrook is unmoveable

If he wasn't they would have sent him packing

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I like Murphy a lot as a player, and his contract is really nice. Love Hammer, and he's the better player right now, but in 2 years? I hate to see Hammer go, but in the context of the Blackhawks long-term plans, I actually like the trade. Hartman needs a new contract next year, and Schmaltz the year after. We saw the **** storm around the first Saad trade. The risk of losing one of those guys is much less now. We also get a good return for Hammer before we lose him to FA or have to trade him after he's started to decline.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think people should wait to see what Murphy does with this team before making knee jerk reactions. He is highly thought of around the NHL, and is a big body that can skate.

Dophin sounds like the next Kruger potentially. \

This is a trade you have to see play out before judging it. First thought was I don't like it, but I think it has serious potential considering both guys we got are young.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The whole point to all of these moves, IMO... for Stan. Is getting MUCH younger, and much longer cost control on said young players. It opens the window longer.

The way I see it... both moves so far, will either be amazingly good, and thought of as wizardry in the next few years, or amazingly bad.

We'll have to wait and see. I honestly don't think the Hawks are done. I think they also make some more moves, and a splash in free agency.

For the last couple years it's been a clear case, the year Hjammer's deal ends is the end of the window being opened, and when Panarin's deal was put to that spot too it looked like it. There was also the how many more Hossa years would you have, well with that out the window the situation really is odd now.

I liked Murphy for the past two years and I went to a Tucson Roadrunners game last year and was disappointing that guys like Dauphin/some others who bounced up n down were up with the Coyotes that night. Though I did get to see Duclair who I still would of wanted, he though had not much help around him n tried to do too much but he had the speed and constantly parked out by the net. So I don't exactly know what Dauphin brings but he does seem a legit center, not a guy sites call a center like Motte is called a center on some sites

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sorry but you cant excuse Stanley by citing cap concerns going forward

Only reason those concerns exist is because of his poor performance

Seabrook extension has cost Hawks dearly along with Kruger deal. Both are 100% to blame and both are 100% the fault of Stanley

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Relative to Seabrook and his contract, Hammer was a godsend. It's just a reminder that we have an immovable contract with Seabrook. That's what makes me angry.

leaf fan checking out reactions, I dont get to see Seabrook play very often, I thought he was still top notch. but if it helps any. Leafs moved David Clarkson's contract so i have faith in you guys. BTW I love the Blackhawks, Iv won my playoff pool twice now because of your beautiful team. I also hope the Leafs model them selves after your teams success. goodluck this season. wont be an early playoff exit this year! or I hope atleast.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hammer looked like he was fading last year. This trade was a STEAL.

Steal? No but Hammer did look bad that last quarter of the season and the playoffs. Lots of hard miles on that body. I love Hammer but like the trade even if I think we could have got more.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Steal? No but Hammer did look bad that last quarter of the season and the playoffs. Lots of hard miles on that body. I love Hammer but like the trade even if I think we could have got more.

We maybe could have got more but yeah, Hammer looked beat up and he even alluded to retiring after this contract a few times.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I like moving Hammer now, but I'm not sold on this return. Don't know much about Murphy other than that he's big and can move a bit.

sugoi88

Feb 28, 2016
Remember tho Hammer took a puck to his ankle a week or two before the playoffs? Plus his wife had a baby. I thought that was a factor in his play in the playoffs.
I will miss Hammer.
I just wanted Seabrook gone! :rant:

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
I'm willing to let this play out, but my first inclination is that Stan Bowman should be fired by noon.

This move is beyond baffling with a terrible return.

ALL a result of the terrible contracts he signed with various players.

Think Nashville knew that serious would send the Hawks into complete retool mode?

It wasn't Nashville, it was the Hawks' response to their challenge, or lack of, that got Bowman pissed.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Really depressing trade...Chicago dealt an elite defensive defenseman for an average one.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Losing Hammer sucks on so many different levels but I like this as a long term move.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
leaf fan checking out reactions, I dont get to see Seabrook play very often, I thought he was still top notch. but if it helps any. Leafs moved David Clarkson's contract so i have faith in you guys. BTW I love the Blackhawks, Iv won my playoff pool twice now because of your beautiful team. I also hope the Leafs model them selves after your teams success. goodluck this season. wont be an early playoff exit this year! or I hope atleast.

Check out the length and cap hit of Seabrook's contract ... and the fact he has a no trade clause. It pretty much makes him immovable. On a cheaper / shorter deal, no one would have a problem. Heck, on a shorter deal, no one would have a problem.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
love moving on from hammer now. still has value and so many hard miles on his body while getting older. Once his skating slips a little bit hes done. Connor murphy i do not know a thing about but hes signed to a solid contract and bowman likes him so i will be a fan until proven otherwise

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

The Leafs were able to move him because they were intentionally sucking and acquired a LTIR contract. The Hawks may in a future season have one of their own to move for some more space and still have the Seabrook deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad