Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks trade Hjalmarsson to Arizona for Connor Murphy & Laurent Dauphin

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I'm willing to let this play out, but my first inclination is that Stan Bowman should be fired by noon.

This move is beyond baffling with a terrible return.

ALL a result of the terrible contracts he signed with various players.

Think Nashville knew that serious would send the Hawks into complete retool mode?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don't know enough about these guys to judge, but every time Stan trades away a Saad or a Hammer I die a little bit inside.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
We got younger and better for a lot longer. Our cup window opened again I believe with these moves. I love it.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
giphy.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The whole point to all of these moves, IMO... for Stan. Is getting MUCH younger, and much longer cost control on said young players. It opens the window longer.

The way I see it... both moves so far, will either be amazingly good, and thought of as wizardry in the next few years, or amazingly bad.

We'll have to wait and see. I honestly don't think the Hawks are done. I think they also make some more moves, and a splash in free agency.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hammer makes more sense now with next move Yotes are about to pull trigger on

Looks like Yotes are serious about getting out of cellar and becoming relevant in Pacific

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
While this may be a crap return for the Hammer of the past, this may be a good trade for the Hammer of the future.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
This fixes Q's ******** deployment. Don't be surprised if our D is actually better next year after this.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I also posted this on the trade board. General thoughts on Murphy having watched him the last few years.

Our board is a bit split on Murphy. We all like his commitment and attitude. No questions there.

We also like his physical play, he's one of the few guys who can clear a crease but whether the NHL continues to move away from allowing guys to do that is anybody's guess.

I also suspect that Murphy will look better just being on as good of a team as Chicago. For years now he's been straddled with bad parters who made defensive gaffes and a bad forward core.

Off the rush is where he's most vulnerable in my mind. Players can possibly exploit him by either going wide with speed or making quick cuts. He's not a bad skater in general but it would really serve him well to improve skating backwards and become smoother in that area.

On the other hand, with the puck established in his own zone, he's a good defender. He doesn't leave guys open, plays a simple game, and generally doesn't give up much.

He's reliable breaking out and though he isn't one of those rare defenders with "vision", his passing is really accurate. He also has nice slap shot.

For years he's had "potential" because he was really impressive as a young rookie but hasn't really improved much. But AZ was also a much better team when he came in the league, so that's something to consider.

Pulyx

Jun 8, 2015
Brazil
We got teased with the 7th overall pick and came up empty handed.

This was a bummer of a trade, i'll tell ya.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Saad-Toews-Schmaltz
Panik-Anisimov-Kane
______-Kruger-Hartman
Jurco-Kero-Hayden

Keith-Murphy
Forsling-Seabrook
Kempny-_______

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007