GDT: Blackhawks @ Mild Wild 12/3/23 1pm Nbc sports chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I say it a lot and I get crap for it but I’ll say it again. It’s time for a coaching change. Young guys learning on the job is one thing. We see terrible play across the board. Horrible positioning. Horrible special teams. Terrible starts.

Young guys need development. Hard to do with this horrible roster but the coaching staff isn’t helping. At all.

I genuinely don’t understand this. We are, by design, one of the worst teams in the league. Not only are we worse skill wise than last year, we are also introducing a bunch of young players into the NHL. As bad as we were last year, it was almost all NHL veterans. That is a huge difference. I am not sure what people are expecting from LR here.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I genuinely don’t understand this. We are, by design, one of the worst teams in the league. Not only are we worse skill wise than last year, we are also introducing a bunch of young players into the NHL. As bad as we were last year, it was almost all NHL veterans. That is a huge difference. I am not sure what people are expecting from LR here.

Structure, work ethic, adjustments, development for the young players. Developing an identity as a team. Maybe a PP that isn't the worst in the NHL?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Entwistle showing his offensive chops by drifting into a spot on a 2 on 1 where he had a terrible shooting angle, and MAF had an easy save.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think the lack of development from Reichel is certainly a massive negative on his resume. I think the special teams is another you can point to.

I don’t think he should be fired, but I’m being increasingly more convinced he’s just a holdover

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Structure, work ethic, adjustments, development for the young players. Developing an identity as a team. Maybe a PP that isn't the worst in the NHL?
It’s easy to just throw out words like structure, work ethic and adjustments and say they are lacking when the record looks the way it does. But that all stems from being the least talented roster in the nhl and playing a ton of rookies.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I think the lack of development from Reichel is certainly a massive negative on his resume. I think the special teams is another you can point to.

I don’t think he should be fired, but I’m being increasingly more convinced he’s just a holdover
Considering Reichel’s best play in the NHL came under LR I don’t really see how he is to blame for this.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
The Hawks don’t seem to have many guys that are strong on the puck.

f*** they lose an awful lot of board battles.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
It’s easy to just throw out words like structure, work ethic and adjustments and say they are lacking when the record looks the way it does. But that all stems from being the least talented roster in the nhl and playing a ton of rookies.

You still shouldn't be seeing 1v0, 2v1, 3v1 consistently in our zone when we already have 5 men back. Or, a power play where all your dynamic players just stand around, etc etc etc. Roster is terrible, but there are things that reflect directly on coaching.

Like Maroon just standing at the top of the crease getting two opportunities untouched...when we have 5 guys back, that's just messed up.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I'm watching the games. I don't give a shit about the record. I'm seeing regression in all aspects of their game, not improvement. Teams should improve as the season progresses. Even bad teams.

Hawks score on the PP, and he comes back with the bum line. Who proceeds to get dominated in their zone the entire shift... Way to carry some momentum.

He's a middling coach who isn't helping these players develop.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'm watching the games. I don't give a shit about the record. I'm seeing regression in all aspects of their game, not improvement. Teams should improve as the season progresses. Even bad teams.

Hawks score on the PP, and he comes back with the bum line. Who proceeds to get dominated in their zone the entire shift... Way to carry some momentum.

He's a middling coach who isn't helping these players develop.
Progression is never a linear path.

If you haven't seen progression from Bedard, Kurashev, Vlasic, & Korchinski... then you're not watching well or don't get that progression isn't you're better each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad