GDT: Blackhawks @ Mild Wild 12/3/23 1pm Nbc sports chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I'm watching the games. I don't give a shit about the record. I'm seeing regression in all aspects of their game, not improvement. Teams should improve as the season progresses. Even bad teams.

Hawks score on the PP, and he comes back with the bum line. Who proceeds to get dominated in their zone the entire shift... Way to carry some momentum.

He's a middling coach who isn't helping these players develop.
Yeah, I am watching the games too. And I know that good rosters make coaches look good. And bad teams make coaches look bad.

I am not even saying he is a great coach. I am saying that we can’t say anything definitively about his coaching with the team he has. Everyone seemed to be very happy with him last year and this year seem to be calling for his head because of a perceived regression. I am saying that not only is this years team less talented, it’s significantly less experienced as well. That, to me, explains the “regression”.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Progression is never a linear path.

If you haven't seen progression from Bedard, Kurashev, Vlasic, & Korchinski... then you're not watching well or don't get that progression isn't you're better each game.

Okay, but team wise the play in our zone has really fallen off a cliff which doesn't bode well for getting used to playing a part in an overall responsible structure.

The thing I praised last year was the team playing a fairly consistent game with a focus on all zones, that's the right environment for development. If you don't do this you run the risk of becoming the next Edmonton.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I am watching the games too. And I know that good rosters make coaches look good. And bad teams make coaches look bad.

I am not even saying he is a great coach. I am saying that we can’t say anything definitively about his coaching with the team he has. Everyone seemed to be very happy with him last year and this year seem to be calling for his head because of a perceived regression. I am saying that not only is this years team less talented, it’s significantly less experienced as well. That, to me, explains the “regression”.

There are red flags all over the place. It isn't the "inexperience" causing the problems. Murphy and Tinordi were awful all game. Johnson took a terrible penalty that ended up in the back of the net. Entwistle took a ridiculously selfish penalty that ended up in the back of the net. This is a lack of discipline. Neither guy sat for these bad penalties. But Reichel is in the press box.

Murphy and Tinordi should never be paired together. Ever. Especially against a fast team like Minnesota, on the road, where home team can dictate matchups. That's a massive indictment on the coaching staff.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
LR Rnows KD wants to TanK for Celebrini ...so why give Bedard extra shifts!

Gane was already lost in Period 1...would an extra cosmetic goal make anycdifferebce...

Imagine if LR gave Bedardextra shots at the end just to get a cosmetic extra goal ...and did this 30 -40 tmes rest of season when Hawks down by 2 ir 3 goals ...and Bedard then scores say 10 more goals extrathis season...each 10 goals extra will up his extention contract by 30-40 more goal totals when talking 2bd contract...So itcwill only up his cap hit...Do we want tgat when alk tgey are is cosmetic extras making zero difference to game results?

No LR should stick to prooer Tanking and minimize Bedard's next contract
Hit...Do not give hom those extra shifts for just cosmetic effect

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
There are red flags all over the place. It isn't the "inexperience" causing the problems. Murphy and Tinordi were awful all game. Johnson took a terrible penalty that ended up in the back of the net. Entwistle took a ridiculously selfish penalty that ended up in the back of the net. This is a lack of discipline. Neither guy sat for these bad penalties. But Reichel is in the press box.

Murphy and Tinordi should never be paired together. Ever. Especially against a fast team like Minnesota, on the road, where home team can dictate matchups. That's a massive indictment on the coaching staff.
The team sucks. i am not saying everything is great. I am saying that all these things that people are nitpicking LR for are things that happen when your team sucks and you don’t have a lot of options. This team is 7-16. I honestly don’t see how that should be a surprise to anyone.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
By the way, big shout out to Seth Jones, who was probably the worst player on the ice for both teams. Absolutely f***ing terrible. The fact that they seem to send him over the boards with Bedard's line just about every shift destroys that line. He's having an abysmal season.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
They put Seth Jones to play with KK abd took Vlasic to pkay with Crevier ...so $9.5sucks anyway but with softie Kk who sonetonesvis listvin thecd-zone no wonder that pair sucked govibg uo chance after chance especially to the Wild top line as Rossi etc al went "wild" on SJ and KK...and of course Murphy abd Tinordi are SLOW and the Wild skated freely past them...

Some very bad news:

59 more torture games of ineptitude and frustration remain!!!!

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Seth Jones was out-chanced 25-4 at even strength today. Scoring chances 12-1.That's just next level suck.

Watch the game, nerd! Those numbers dont mean anything. :P

Yeah, Seth Jones sucks.

Reactions: Pez68

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
They put Seth Jones to play with KK abd took Vlasic to pkay with Crevier ...so $9.5sucks anyway but with softie Kk who sonetonesvis listvin thecd-zone no wonder that pair sucked govibg uo chance after chance especially to the Wild top line as Rossi etc al went "wild" on SJ and KK...and of course Murphy abd Tinordi are SLOW and the Wild skated freely past them...

Some very bad news:

59 more torture games of ineptitude and frustration remain!!!!
Fifty, my friend, you made "Get Rich or Did Tryin". You shouldn't have to put up with this shit

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
13th game in a row with 3 or more goals against…only 3 games this season where they allowed less than 3…hard to win games with that kinda goals against

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
rustedtank.jpg

Reactions: nmgrbhfn

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well 1 thing...they did win the faceoff % win stat agaibstvtge Wild...and despite that tgeycstill sucked in the d-zone ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad