GDT: Blackhawks @ Leafs 6:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The impact cards are flawed defensively because they do not measure abtythingvabout:

1.successful clears of the puck to relieve pressure (Vlasic is tge best of our dmen in this ability per my eye test) ...in contrast I this vital area my eye test informed me that S Jones sucked at this as he failed to get pucks out past the point dmenwho intercepted his attempts to clear way too often at crucial pressure shifts by the opps...

2 These impact graphs do not measure successful checks finished and our checker either cones away with the puck or another Hawjs pkayer gets tge puck as a result of that check vs checks where opps guy with the puck gets away in possession of the puck leading to us having to defend longer in our zone or the opos scoreoff it.
My eye test informs me that Vlasic finisheschus checks better than S Jones does.

So if anything just I tgese 2 crucial effective aspects that can impact a game in a huge way,they are not I do not think,measured by these imoact stats..If these added to tge picture then Vkasic IS better than S Jones...

If anything ,when play got scramblly and Hawks hard-pressed to defend the netcarea,I thought in this gane that Vlasuc often was key to defending the crease after S Jones failed to stop a play coming from our RD side where S Jones did not stop the attack from that direction....in otherxwordsmy eyes saw Vlasic cover for S Jones failing to stymie an attack on that right side heviscresponsibkevfor..

Now no dman is perfect...granted...but it seems to me Vlasic might be that defensiveky if only hexwas not saddled with covering for anytime S Jones failed in his responsibility.

Granted too,sonetines it is our forwards failing to check well enough to stop attackers and a score agaibst resukts...In such cases if theyvscore on S Jones and Vkadic then you cannot blameviur dmen ...that happened on the Keafs goal because Perry watched instead of getting on Nylander to stop him before he coukd dish..

As to Kaiser ...there were shifts he did not win puck battles and had tivchase longer as a result...andsonectines he too failed to clear to relieve pressure.. it seemedctome he got over-powered too often for my liking...probabkybok in3rd pairing..but I do notcthink hecdeserves a highervoauring role at thus stage of his defensive "inpact"..

To sum up...on my eye test Vlasic has played his role aas too pairing dman far better than any one expected.. It isxearly but he has shown this proficiency right from the start of training camp...LR is smiling ...

Reactions: Drumman44

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
As a leaf fan i must tell you that leaf cycle is wrong or my english is wrong(could be the case). Leafs get beaten up by bad teams, the rest is spot on.

As a Swede i am at least happy for Soda( as i think u call him ) in this game. Congrats on Bedard and the win.
Thanks sir
Good luck this year. Lots of talent as always on your team

Reactions: ZEBROA

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I read that they told reichel they would give him a run at center but I think its ruining his confidence. the best he played in the NHL was at Wing with AA at center and AA looked way better at Center yesterday then he has at Wing up to this point. I would put LR back on a line with AA and put AA at center. Im not saying we can never put LR back at center but get him going and get him back to playing with confidence.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I thought Athanasiou was great yesterday.

Bedard had many chances they'll eventually start to go in.

Both goalies are playing well too. It's still obviously early on but maybe they won't lose as many games as anticipated this season.

I WANT CELEBRINI/EISERMAN/DEMIDOV/TOP DEFENCEMAN. Bedard needs someone other than Donato on his wing. I want to see him have a Kane to his Panarin or vice versa.

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Great win! So nice to actually want them to win instead of having to think about lottery balls all year.

-Vlasic was fantastic. If he can be a good 2nd pair LD behind Korchinski we are in great shape.
-Seth Jones is a great hockey player that just eats minutes all night long. Glad hes going to find more success this year.
-Bedards worst game IMO he was a little soft on the puck all night.
-Korchinski is the real deal
-Murphy is slowing down quickly. I wouldnt mind unloading at the deadline....
-Soda. I know hes been around but wow we might have something here.
-Perry leading scorer wtf.
-Foligno Katchouk and Raddysh worked hard all over the ice
-Auston Matthews is a freak. Hes an absolute horse.
-Didnt see much Marner Bertuzzi or Domi tonight
-Klingberg is terrible

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Meat and ray c

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Get a win (and hurt the tank) without Bedard doing much?

giphy.gif

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I actually didn't think Reichel played bad at all. He made a couple good defensive plays. Had a couple explosive plays offensively, one of which drew a penalty. He is a work in progress at C, but I thought this game was his best so far.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
The impact cards are 100% spot on.

I don't think many understand them.

Korchinski was complete garbage yesterday and the game before and you cannot hide it with the impact cards.

I love it. It's like a breath of fresh, honest air.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Vlasic looks great and a pleasant surprise. A tall, smart, mobile defenseman who knows how to use his stick can control so much. Love seeing him be physical, despite that apparently being a knock against him before this year.

Both goalies are playing well too. It's still obviously early on but maybe they won't lose as many games as anticipated this season.

I WANT CELEBRINI/EISERMAN/DEMIDOV/TOP DEFENCEMAN. Bedard needs someone other than Donato on his wing. I want to see him have a Kane to his Panarin or vice versa.

I've seen people suggest putting Bedard with another skilled winger such as Reichel and I'm not sure I agree. Bedard needs someone who can retrieve the puck and get it to him. I'm a big fan of having high-end "diggers" play with skilled guys. They need the puck on their sticks and Bedard doesn't strike me as someone who will be all that great at retrieving pucks himself. Reichel, Kane, Panarin are not either.

Hall - Bedard - Kane/Panarin type would be chasing the puck even more than what that line is now, IMO.

Reactions: BobbyJet

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I actually didn't think Reichel played bad at all. He made a couple good defensive plays. Had a couple explosive plays offensively, one of which drew a penalty. He is a work in progress at C, but I thought this game was his best so far.
I thought he was pretty good in the third. Not as much in the first and second.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021

How about Kane? I would rather be franchise all-time leading scorer than have another Cup. Got 3 of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad