GDT: Blackhawks @ Leafs 6:00 PM (CT) NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I actually didn't think Reichel played bad at all. He made a couple good defensive plays. Had a couple explosive plays offensively, one of which drew a penalty. He is a work in progress at C, but I thought this game was his best so far.
The bar was low but yeah, Reichel was better at times.

Other thoughts:
I think it was AA's best game. He seems to be rounding into form.
As most agree, Vlasic was real good.
Soderblum looks like he may be the real deal.
I'm still liking the veteran line. They weren't at all intimidated by Reaves and it was Perry's best game as a Blackhawk
Speaking of vets, a healthy TJ is off to a good start.
It seems when Entwhistle is dissed around here, he manages to score. I'll take it. :)
Murph was better. Seth was steady. The PP not so much.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I actually didn't think Reichel played bad at all. He made a couple good defensive plays. Had a couple explosive plays offensively, one of which drew a penalty. He is a work in progress at C, but I thought this game was his best so far.
he did play his best game but still think a few games on AA wing would help his confidence.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No Vlasic is not a2LD...he is a 1LD because unlike anyone else we tried he actualky helos to be $9.5 to lol more lije a $4.5 which is better than tge 95cents hos otger d-partners were able to accomplish.
Kk shoukd be 2LD except that he should be PP1qb and not 9 5 who only is a $4.5 value bow.
And O might even use Vlasic as the Pp2 Point controller "qb" as he is actualky pretty goid eluding checkers ...

In any case...till S Jones proves to me he can imoactca pp to success,I want to experiment with other dmen at tge point because we have nothing to lose given how ineffective Pp1 has been.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I've seen people suggest putting Bedard with another skilled winger such as Reichel and I'm not sure I agree. Bedard needs someone who can retrieve the puck and get it to him. I'm a big fan of having high-end "diggers" play with skilled guys. They need the puck on their sticks and Bedard doesn't strike me as someone who will be all that great at retrieving pucks himself. Reichel, Kane, Panarin are not either.

Hall - Bedard - Kane/Panarin type would be chasing the puck even more than what that line is now, IMO.
This makes sense to me and I was hoping that Hall would be that guy but thus far it doesn't look like it.

I'd hate to break up the veteran line but perhaps Dickinson and/or Foligno may work better than what this line brings currently. Adding one or both of those guys would also serve to shore it up defensively. If Dickinson moves over it would also mean that one of Dickinson or Bedard would need to play wing but to be honest I don't think it matters that much where Bedard plays as long as he gets the puck in scoring positions. IMO, playing the wing would not be the terrible thing that I have read from other folks here.

Last edited:

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
This makes sense to me and I was hoping that Hall would be that guy but thus far it doesn't look like it.

I'd hate to break up the veteran line but perhaps Dickinson and/or Foligno may work better than what this line brings currently. Adding one or both of those guys would also serve to shore it up defensively. If Dickerson moves over it would also mean that one of Dickinson or Bedard would need to play wing but to be honest I don't think it matters that much where Bedard plays as long as he gets the puck in scoring positions. IMO, playing the wing would not be the terrible thing that I have read from other folks here.
I figured Hall was to give Bedard some skill to play with and Donato would bring the hustle. I think I'd leave the lines as is and give them time to build some chemistry and for Bedard to learn how to play better without the puck. And not that it's a priority right now, but that vet line is playing well. I would be curious to see Foligno play up if any one of those two.

Regarding the last part of your post, Bedard doesn't seem to exactly handle a lot of the center responsibilities right now anyways.

Hall and Donato are playing very deep in the D zone and even playing below the goal line/net, while Bedard kinda floats in the slot and covers a point. Not a knock against Connor, but his wingers are doing a lot of the heavy lifting defensively for him, while he's getting praised for being good defensively. He's doing well for an frickin 18 yo playing 1C, but I feel the hype kinda blows things out of proportion sometimes. He's free to roam wherever he pleases it seems. Not saying that's right or wrong, but that's what I'm seeing.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I figured he's using talk to text/translate and he's speaking an ancient form of Inuit.
I don't think so ......One of the few times HF50 responded to someone else was when he claimed his typos were from typing on a cell phone. I think that is still the case. Why he doesn't proof read what he has posted is beyond me hence it comes across as his schtick.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
The amount of Alex Vlasic articles today is great - the athletic, nbc sports, cbs sports, bleacher nation.

If you look at past pictures and his current roster image you can see how much his neck has grown. This kid put in some work.

Reactions: hawksrule

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I don't think so ......One of the few times HF50 responded to someone else was when he claimed his typos were from typing on a cell phone. I think that is still the case. Why he doesn't proof read what he has posted is beyond me hence it comes across as his schtick.
He also responded to one of my posts before, to tell me I spelled a player’s name wrong.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Seth Jones a (way too early) leader League-wide in +/- at +6, with Alex Vlasic in a five-way tie for second at +5.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Vlasic looks great and a pleasant surprise. A tall, smart, mobile defenseman who knows how to use his stick can control so much. Love seeing him be physical, despite that apparently being a knock against him before this year.

I've seen people suggest putting Bedard with another skilled winger such as Reichel and I'm not sure I agree. Bedard needs someone who can retrieve the puck and get it to him. I'm a big fan of having high-end "diggers" play with skilled guys. They need the puck on their sticks and Bedard doesn't strike me as someone who will be all that great at retrieving pucks himself. Reichel, Kane, Panarin are not either.

Hall - Bedard - Kane/Panarin type would be chasing the puck even more than what that line is now, IMO.
Agreed. So much more goes into building a line that just putting 3 highly skilled players together. It’s why I’d love to end up with Michael Brandsegg-Nygard with one of our firsts this year. Heavy shot, enough offensive instincts to keep up with Bedard, and an absolute menace on the forecheck

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I wouldn't change Bedards linemates much. Helps him grow and Hall has skill to play with him while Donato can hustle and get his 15 goals.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I wouldn't change Bedards linemates much. Helps him grow and Hall has skill to play with him while Donato can hustle and get his 15 goals.
I don't think they will change.

LuRich isn't much of a blender guy. I think he's going to play out the lines as they are (for the most part) and let them develop chemistry.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Hopefully Kurashev shows up someday because I would love to see a top-6 of Hall-Bedard-Donato and AA-Reichel-Kurashev which is what was expected to start the season.

It has become a source of aggravation to me that none of the guys who cover the Hawks even mention Kurashev, let alone ask for a status on when he may return. The last news release from the Hawks was on Sept. 30th when they reported he would miss practice that day due to a wrist injury. I would think we could get a day-to-day or week-to-week or month-to-month or maybe even year-to-year. Something. Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad