Rumor: Blackhawks engaging with teams in trade talks for Patrick Kane, Stars among the interested

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Vegas and Columbus dumped those players because they needed to clear cap space. It is in no way indicative of their true value. Chicago on the other hand is not in dire need of cap space so the will get returns on these players. More so on Kane, but Toews with 50% retention at the deadline should garner a 1st from a contender.

I understand they were dumps but they would have taken a better deal if there was a market for them. When was the last true blue-chip prospect moved? Suzuki? Brannstrom? It just doesn't happen. I will be very surprised if the principal piece returned for Kane is much more than a 1st and from a playoff team you are talking #20 or higher. So I'll stick with my 1st and a B-level prospect for Kane at the deadline. Maybe a midround pick gets added. If significant salary comes back it will increase the haul but you are talking about number of pieces not level of prospect.

Toews for a 1st round pick only happens if his game improves greatly from last year. His game last year was at the level of a #3C.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Your comparison is not founded in pure statistics and level of talent. Kane had a off year last year and still produced 92 points on a garbage team. Kane clearly has more extremely productive years left at a very high level. How many 33 year Olds in the nhl are even close to producing 90 plus points ?

lol- I'm not questioning that. We keep seeing over and over about players and what people think they'll return and the actual return ALWAYS underwhelms. If Debrincat with 2 years of control brings pack pick #7, what do you think Kane for half a season brings back? A playoff-team level first and a B-level prospect. Maybe another small piece but they're not getting a blue chip prospect or multiple 1st round picks. Let's not forget that Kane has a NMC so the number of teams bidding on him will be small. We see how soft the market is for wingers. What do you think Kane returns?

Last edited:

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
lol- I'm not questioning that. We keep seeing over and over about players and what people think they'll return and it ALWAYS underwhelms. If Debrincat with 2 years of control brings pack pick #7, what do you think Kane for half a season brings back? A playoff-team level first and a B-level prospect. Maybe another small piece but they're not getting a blue chip prospect or multiple 1st round picks. Let's not forget that Kane has a NMC so the number of teams bidding on him will be small. We see how soft the market is for wingers. What do you think Kane returns?
For a top 10 scorer , 3 time cup winner . You are wrong , just so wrong ,Kane will command a lot.

Reactions: hawksrule

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
For a top 10 scorer , 3 time cup winner . You are wrong , just so wrong ,Kane will command a lot.

We'll see. He's a pure rental playing the least valuable position with a limited number of teams that he would accept a trade to. This isn't a question of what should he return.

Newhook and a 1st for one year of Kane? Seems really steep

Hawks would accept that in a second. Doubt Colorado pays that price.

What do you think he'll return? Now find a team that meets Kane's criteria, has that package, and is willing to pay it.

Reactions: HawkyTown

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Of course there’s no active talks about Kane. Kane and McD have already decided he’s joining the Oilers. Kane will let the Blackhawks know when it’s time to fire up the trade talks. Oilers need to get some ducks in a row first with Yamo still needing to be signed and a trade or two to make.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I wish we could get him in Carolina. It would really make us a dangerous team in the playoffs in a way we haven't been.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
lol- I'm not questioning that. We keep seeing over and over about players and what people think they'll return and the actual return ALWAYS underwhelms. If Debrincat with 2 years of control brings pack pick #7, what do you think Kane for half a season brings back? A playoff-team level first and a B-level prospect. Maybe another small piece but they're not getting a blue chip prospect or multiple 1st round picks. Let's not forget that Kane has a NMC so the number of teams bidding on him will be small. We see how soft the market is for wingers. What do you think Kane returns?
Actually your comparisons now including cat don't match statistics. Sure kane has a say in which teams albeit Davidson also has a say . In the end he doesn't have to trade kane . The return in which I'm not into speculations however we don't know exactly what chicago wants more i.e forward, center, goalie, defenseman blue chip prospects. Also would a deal with said team include signing kane for a extension? No matter what happens the return will include at minimum a 2023 1st round pick plus a high level prospect or blue chip player .
Kanes production and his 3 stanley cups makes him well worth giving up to get him...

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Dallas would most likely need to get a 3rd team involved and move out salary to acquire kane. Plus when kane hits free agency the market has been set by malkin 6.1 million 4 years , which if your trying to compare what kane can easily get as a free agent...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dallas would most likely need to get a 3rd team involved and move out salary to acquire kane. Plus when kane hits free agency the market has been set by malkin 6.1 million 4 years , which if your trying to compare what kane can easily get as a free agent...

Why wouldn't Chicago be willing to take on a little salary? Can't see why they wouldn't and maximize their return

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Dallas has a hot goalie who they could give away to acquire Patrick Kane. I love Chicago and it would be a great trade for them. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Johno

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Why wouldn't Chicago be willing to take on a little salary? Can't see why they wouldn't and maximize their return
It's not that chicago can't or wouldn't do it, dallas as of right now has around 10 million in cap space with trying to finish rounding out its roster , even if Chicago retained 50% max dallas would need to shed enough salary and still field a legit cup contender.

So a 3rd team might be more beneficial eating cap space as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad