Rumor: Blackhawks engaging with teams in trade talks for Patrick Kane, Stars among the interested

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Would make a great Gaudreau replacement, Flames offer a river of tears from losing Gaudreau and Tkachuk.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Unlikely. The Rangers have no cap space. The only way it could work is if it's Kane@50% with Goodrow and Reaves going the other way, but Goodrow has a 15 team NTC and we'd have to run a 21 man roster instead of 22. Plus I doubt Chicago is looking to take back a contract with that much term left.
Which is why this is utter nonsense. There is no way he gets moved now unless a top 5-10 league wide prospect is coming back. Otherwise might as well wait until the trade deadline when there are 4-5-6-10 teams that could make it work.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Kane is not bringing back a blue-chip prospect like Johnston. When you look at MaxPax going for nothing and Bjorkstrand going for a 3rd and 4th round pick, you can see the value of wingers. Vancouver can't get what they want for Miller and he can play center. I'd be surprised if they get anything more than a protected 1st and b-level prospect. Hope I'm wrong. Hope Kane doesn't end up in Dallas too.
Vegas and Columbus dumped those players because they needed to clear cap space. It is in no way indicative of their true value. Chicago on the other hand is not in dire need of cap space so the will get returns on these players. More so on Kane, but Toews with 50% retention at the deadline should garner a 1st from a contender.

Reactions: randywoodsghost

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
"Hearing" is just about the most vague way of announcing a rumour. He could have heard it from his plumber. He's not lying because technically he did hear it somewhere.

Reactions: Yemeth

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I don't really understand it for Dallas. I love Kane, but I don't see Dallas as a legitimate contender even with Kane. I feel like Dallas should be focused on getting younger.

Dallas average age is 27.7 (without Johnston/or any rookie in the lineup) how young do they need to get exactly?

Reactions: byrath

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Buffalo should afford him pretty easy
Still an outstanding player, but lots of reasons why he wouldn't be a great fit.

Sabres aren't nearly ready to contend, and Kane is a last-piece-of-the-puzzle guy at this stage. At 34 next season, he doesn't fit Sabres' core age group. Super young team already has plenty of vet leadership in Okposo, Girgensons, Skinner, Anderson. Buffalo is building a team of low-ego, high-character players; bringing in a guy who would immediately suck the oxygen from the room would be an unwelcome departure imho.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Still an outstanding player, but lots of reasons why he wouldn't be a great fit.

Sabres aren't nearly ready to contend, and Kane is a last-piece-of-the-puzzle guy at this stage. At 34 next season, he doesn't fit Sabres' core age group. Super young team already has plenty of vet leadership in Okposo, Girgensons, Skinner, Anderson. Buffalo is building a team of low-ego, high-character players; bringing in a guy who would immediately suck the oxygen from the room would be an unwelcome departure imho.
Yes im with you but would be nice to se Kane in Buffalo with the youngsters and Hockey would be back for real again they are really worth it in a real hockeytown.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Kane is not bringing back a blue-chip prospect like Johnston. When you look at MaxPax going for nothing and Bjorkstrand going for a 3rd and 4th round pick, you can see the value of wingers. Vancouver can't get what they want for Miller and he can play center. I'd be surprised if they get anything more than a protected 1st and b-level prospect. Hope I'm wrong. Hope Kane doesn't end up in Dallas too.
Your comparison is not founded in pure statistics and level of talent. Kane had a off year last year and still produced 92 points on a garbage team. Kane clearly has more extremely productive years left at a very high level. How many 33 year Olds in the nhl are even close to producing 90 plus points ?

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Avs offer JT Compher and a 2023 1st for Kane at 50%.

Don’t need to offer more and don’t have more to offer. This is a want. Not a need. Dude has a NTC so he can pick his destination. If he goes somewhere else, no biggie. Scoring winger trade value has never been lower than this off-season.
Cool can Kane play 2C?😂

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Avs offer JT Compher and a 2023 1st for Kane at 50%.

Don’t need to offer more and don’t have more to offer. This is a want. Not a need. Dude has a NTC so he can pick his destination. If he goes somewhere else, no biggie. Scoring winger trade value has never been lower than this off-season.
How can Chicago say no to that.

• Haha
Reactions: Crow and PROUD PAPA

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Kane @ 50% ($5.25M x 1)

for

Khudobin ($3.3M x 1)
Faksa ($3.25M x 3)
2023 1st
2025 1st

That leaves the Stars over $12M to sign Robertson and have some pocket change left.

Edit: oops - forgot about Oettinger - might have to include Gurianov.
No way Dallas is giving next years 1st. Gurianov would have to be included with Dobby and Faksa.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Rantanen can. This guy can be his winger.

The Avs weren't hurting for offense last season - that's for sure, but they lost Kadri (at least so far) and that's a big loss in the scoring department. Kane won't replace him as a center, but he can certainly replace the offensive output and maybe even provide more.

I'm going to hate seeing Kane playing for another team but trading him is the right move for the rebuild and it seems inevitable at this point anyway - so Colorado would be a team I would like to see him go to. Seeing him playing with guys like MacKinnon, Rantenan, or with the dynamic duo on Edmonton or back with Panarin on the Rangers. Much rather see him playing where he can play with top players and thrive with a chance to win than some middling team who happened to pony up the best trade offer.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings should be in on this if they can. They'd need to send some salary back the other way — maybe Iafallo or Petersen — but I could certainly see LA's first and Alex Turcotte headed the other way. Why not?

Kempe - Kopitar - Kane
Fiala - Byfield - Kaliyev
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Lemieux - Lizotte - Grundstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad