Rumor: Blackhawks engaging with teams in trade talks for Patrick Kane, Stars among the interested

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Shouldn't have this trade been completed before free agency started? Seems that the idiot Blackhawks have limited their suitors.

Actually it wasn't possible without the blessing of Kane. Also chicago wouldn't mind having kane to have that veteran leadership in the locker room for the young kids.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Newhook and a 1st for one year of Kane? Seems really steep

Remember that the 1st is going to be near the bottom of the round so I don't think the AVS are all that concerned. Newhook might be good in the future but a decent price to pay for a year of Kane when you are trying to win your 2nd cup in a row, and remember the Avs had no problem trading 1st round pick d-man Justin Barron to get good but not great scorer Arturri Lehkonen and it paid off didn't it? This in my opinion would be an excellent trade for the Avs with salary retained, hence the heavy price !!

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Actually your comparisons now including cat don't match statistics. Sure kane has a say in which teams albeit Davidson also has a say . In the end he doesn't have to trade kane . The return in which I'm not into speculations however we don't know exactly what chicago wants more i.e forward, center, goalie, defenseman blue chip prospects. Also would a deal with said team include signing kane for a extension? No matter what happens the return will include at minimum a 2023 1st round pick plus a high level prospect or blue chip player .
Kanes production and his 3 stanley cups makes him well worth giving up to get him...

Who is going give up the 1st and blue chip prospect that Kane would accept a trade to? History does not support that price paid to a rental. And while we have seen trades and extensions (Tkachuk, Jones, Stone, ect.) none of those players were 34 years old. Hell, Florida had to include Huberdeau, Weager, and a 1st to get Tkachuk in the first place. Look how little value Huberdeau had.

Hey- Patrick Kane is my favorite player over the last 20 years and I hope the Hawks get a great return for him. I am basing my view on several factors: 1) A small number of Cup-contending teams that would trade for him. 2) Kane has a NMC and will only accept a deal to a team he wants to play for. Look how little Philly got for Giroux last season. 3) The current value of wingers is very low with top 6 wingers literally be given away. 4) Wing is the least valuable position that playoff teams need. 5) JT Miller is an option that any playoff team could opt for instead of Kane. 5) Blue chip prospects are rarely ever traded.

I think the best scenarios for Chicago would be the Rangers with some combination of a 1st, Jones, Lundqvist, or Othmann. Colorado with Newhook even though that would surprise me. Carolina with a 1st and maybe someone like Morrow. Sure, Dallas has the prospects but do they really think they are that close? Maybe LA has a great 1st half- Kane would probably like to play in LA. Then you have the fringe-contending teams like Edmonton, St Louis, Washington, Pittsburgh- are they really going to give up a huge package for Kane?

When you start looking at the actual teams that Kane would make sense with and has the return that Chicago is looking for, you just don't have that many teams. Granted, all it takes is one team to make an offer that surprises everyone. Did anyone think Tkachuk would return such a haul? Going to be fascinating to see what happens. I'm really looking forward to watching Kane in the playoffs again. Really hoping it is NYR, Colorado, or Carolina.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Who is going give up the 1st and blue chip prospect that Kane would accept a trade to? History does not support that price paid to a rental. And while we have seen trades and extensions (Tkachuk, Jones, Stone, ect.) none of those players were 34 years old. Hell, Florida had to include Huberdeau, Weager, and a 1st to get Tkachuk in the first place. Look how little value Huberdeau had.

Hey- Patrick Kane is my favorite player over the last 20 years and I hope the Hawks get a great return for him. I am basing my view on several factors: 1) A small number of Cup-contending teams that would trade for him. 2) Kane has a NMC and will only accept a deal to a team he wants to play for. Look how little Philly got for Giroux last season. 3) The current value of wingers is very low with top 6 wingers literally be given away. 4) Wing is the least valuable position that playoff teams need. 5) JT Miller is an option that any playoff team could opt for instead of Kane. 5) Blue chip prospects are rarely ever traded.

I think the best scenarios for Chicago would be the Rangers with some combination of a 1st, Jones, Lundqvist, or Othmann. Colorado with Newhook even though that would surprise me. Carolina with a 1st and maybe someone like Morrow. Sure, Dallas has the prospects but do they really think they are that close? Maybe LA has a great 1st half- Kane would probably like to play in LA. Then you have the fringe-contending teams like Edmonton, St Louis, Washington, Pittsburgh- are they really going to give up a huge package for Kane?

When you start looking at the actual teams that Kane would make sense with and has the return that Chicago is looking for, you just don't have that many teams. Granted, all it takes is one team to make an offer that surprises everyone. Did anyone think Tkachuk would return such a haul? Going to be fascinating to see what happens. I'm really looking forward to watching Kane in the playoffs again. Really hoping it is NYR, Colorado, or Carolina.
Your own example of Giroux received a first rounder and Owen Tippett (not a certified blue chip but a pretty good prospect). How will Kane not get at least this?

Reactions: zeeto and Taylorst

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Your own example of Giroux received a first rounder and Owen Tippett (not a certified blue chip but a pretty good prospect). How will Kane not get at least this?
I think he will get this- probably more. Tippett is not a blue-chip prospect and is not living up to his draft slot. I envision a 1st, a promising prospect but not a blue chipper and a mid round pick for Kane. But I highly doubt he is returning a Seth Jarvis or Bowen Byram or Lafrieniere or Byfield or Clarke or some other high-pedigree, lottery pick prospect- those players don't get moved for a rental. I hope I'm wrong. I wanted Byram instead of Dach back in 2020.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

We have a 1st for Vermette. Kane isn’t worth more than that? Teams will pay at the tdl. They always do. Flags fly forever.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

Kane isn't even in the same category as everyone you mentioned. He hasn't slowed down and he just put up 92 points on a bad team, not to mention his 3 cups and he surely isn't slowing down yet. So it's hard to fathom the team he agrees to go to he wouldn't want to resign with them .
I agree it will be fascinating, but most of the teams that Kane would consider are currently at the cap or have limited money left . I think Kane will give Kyle a list of teams albeit a short list .

Reactions: zeeto

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Totally agree. If Giroux returns a 1st and Tippett, there is no way the Hawks get less for Kane. Kane’s production has been far greater then Giroux’s over the past 3 or 4 seasons.

The only caveat I would add is, given the depth of quality prospects in the upcoming draft the Hawks might sacrifice a little on the return if the 1st round pick is in 2023.

I'm done pretending the hawks aren't trying to make the worst team possible; to secure the best odds for Bedard.
Why have you been pretending? The Hawks sure as hell haven’t been.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Dallas would definitely benefit from Kane but not at the cost of multiple 1st's or one of our blue chip prospects for what could be a rental. Not sure he puts us over the edge into cup contention anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad