3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
He didn't look cooked last playoffs vs The Stanley cup champs. Was maybe the best player on the ice for the Jets.
Not saying he's gonna be a ppg guy but let's give him a little bit of a leash. He is more talented than Vesey.
and at 800k

tbh I didn't like his game either last night but im not going to write him off already.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
It’s more of a left wing lock than a 1-3-1 but it did look like there were some unique characteristics. It was definitely a planned structure. That’s good.

I’m surprised didn’t hear more about Trocheck’s line matching where possible against Buffalo’s scoring line and Trocheck and Bonino taking the majority of defensive zone draws. I didn’t look at the stats but it just felt like a more old fashioned coaching job, especially considering this was a road game.

OK, let’s not get carried away

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Wah wah wah. It's ridiculous to complain after last night's game but you do you. Kakko is on the 1st line and Laf and Chytil are on the 2nd. What more do you want in the first game of the season? Most teams that pick number 1 and number 2 OA are bottom feeders and don't have the talent that the Rangers do, especially on the PP. You are not replacing Kreider, Mika, Panarin, or Fox on the 1PP. Their PP has been top 10 the last few years and you don't make wholesale changes when it's been so productive. Chytil, Laf, and Kakko also got close to 15 minutes per game last year and had plenty of opportunity. The players also need to perform when given ice time. Chytil and Kakko made strides last year and I believe Laf will this year. The 2nd PP unit should see more ice time if last night is any indication.
The answer has been given repeatedly. Trocheck shouldn't be on the top PP unit.

Snide remarks about me not watching games when apparently those people either didn't watch the last 3 years.or pretend they didn't happen and don't recognize the same shit happened the other night. That's fine. Let's see where this team is against actual good teams. Let's see how far they get while still wasting their high picks as role players. EV time is lovely. When it's not coupled with special teams those players are not developing.

Let's see.

Reactions: mas0764

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Trocheck is embracing his third line role and I thought he had a decent game. He won a bunch of faceoffs on special teams which helped determine the outcome of the game.

I really don't see an issue with the deployment last night.

If the game were closer and they were struggling to score, perhaps then I'd be more critical.
I thought Trocheck was annoying AF to the Sabres all night long including after the whistle. He's on the third line and I thought he flourished in that role.

I'm convinced @GENESISPuck94 doesn't watch the games and then just goes to the box score copy and pastes to excel and sorts the ice time. Then gets angry when the kids aren't on top.
Are we sure he's not a depressed bot?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Snide remarks about me not watching games when apparently those people either didn't watch the last 3 years.or pretend they didn't happen and don't recognize the same shit happened the other night. That's fine. Let's see where this team is against actual good teams. Let's see how far they get while still wasting their high picks as role players. EV time is lovely. When it's not coupled with special teams those players are not developing.

Let's see.

I hear you.

If anything I was encouraged by Laf and Kakko on the top lines and the PP2 getting actual playing time. The argument about giving the kids PP time was always about giving them the "opportunity" to execute, and practice!, execution in a game environment. You don't grow sitting on the bench that's for sure. Finally the org is ready to give the kids at least some oxygen instead of choking them.

On the other hand the team is clearly trying to come together as a TEAM. This is more a situation of trying to build the next Tampa team, right now, to seriously compete for the Stanley Cup. We have top end players whose time to win a cup is on the clock, great young talent and so on. That young talent needs to grow, but the coaching to tie it all together must be there too.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I kind of agree with not wanting Trochek on PP1. But if we split the time between the units more equally then it should be ok. Hopefully (at least) one of the kids will excel on PP2 and force themseleves to be moved up to the first unit.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Let's see.
Lafreniere had more PP time though. It wasn't on the top PP unit

You're putting way too much emphasis on one game. A game we dominated for the most part. It's game one. He had the same time as Panarin. I don't understand how you're missing all the good stuff for something that's most likely not going to be the norm.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I kind of agree with not wanting Trochek on PP1. But if we split the time between the units more equally then it should be ok. Hopefully (at least) one of the kids will excel on PP2 and force themseleves to be moved up to the first unit.
I get the logic of having the bumper match the hand of the outside shots.
Trocheck makes sense for pp1, and then Chytil or wheeler for pp2.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I've watched nearly every Rangers game since 92. I played for over 25 years. I may have not made it to a level that some here have. But I can speak from experience when it comes to shit coaches/organizations not developing players correctly and what it does to a player mentally as a player.

All my complaints about the way the Rangers are run is from experience as a fan and a player and the time and energy I committed to the sport when I was younger.

If you don't want to agree, that's fine. But the Rnagers have been doing the same thing for so long when other teams are doing the opposite and which teams have been successful doing which methodology? The Rangers? There's a handful of teams that do things a specific way and win multiple Cups since the Rangers last won and the Rangers think their stupid method that hasn't worked will magically work. Their method of developing forwards is rotten and doesn't work. Their method of team building is rotten and doesn't work. Their commitment to headlines and celebrities filling seats doesn't work. If they were committed to being a hockey organization they'd be more successful on the ice. That's why places like Vegas win a Cup and go to multiple Finals, and Tampa win multiple Cups, and Pittsburgh wins multiple Cups, and the Devils win multiple Cups, and Chicago wins multiple Cups and now some of them are on the rise AGAIN. While the Rangers continue to try to successfully beat square pegs into round holes.

They were gifted the kinds of players Rangers fans always envy those other teams for. And the Rangers proceeded and continue still like last night to completely have no clue how to properly get the most out of them and build them into team and league leading players. They're committed to quick fixes and turnarounds and that's why they trade for and buy any mercenary they can get their hands on instead.

The minute I see the same old shit from this organization even if it's game 1 of the season, it passes me off because they haven't learned. New coach, new staff, SAME methodology. If they truly changed, and cared about winning a Cup or multiple Cups, Laf and Kakko would have lead the forwards in ice time. Like all the teams that have won multiple Cups do with their versions of those players. You can't waste 1 and 2 overall picks and win Cups.
Who did Trocheck play the most against?

He mainly played their better 2 way players. It wasn't like they forced fed him any minutes just to get him more time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad