Post-Game Talk: Bison Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I still think the league should do like the KHL does.
3 points regulation win
2 points OT/SO win
1 point OT/SO loss
0 points regulation loss

Teams like Calgary and Pittsburgh wouldn't even be seriously in the playoff hunt if not for the loser's point and the charity point on OT/SOW failing to distinguish it from an RW.
Yea but that means that 3 v 3 OT and SO are still a thing. I hate them both.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Yea but that means that 3 v 3 OT and SO are still a thing. I hate them both.
3 on 3 sudden death until someone scores. Carrying or passing the puck back behind your own redline is an automatic D zone faceoff and you can't change.

That would be my compromise b/c I also hate the shootout, and realistically we can't have 5 hour regular season games, and I despise ties.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
3 on 3 sudden death until someone scores. Carrying or passing the puck back behind your own redline is an automatic D zone faceoff and you can't change.

That would be my compromise b/c I also hate the shootout, and realistically we can't have 5 hour regular season games, and I despise ties.
I just hate fake hockey especially the SO which I truly despise. If it doesn't fly in the playoffs I don't want to see it in the regular season. I'm ok with ties. If you want 2 points then win in regulation.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
So.. Whats the rule about tripping the shooter by the goalie in the SO?
Finnish Bun had been clearly tripped by gk's stick. He still had the puck in posession too, right on his hook...

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Miller can puck fumbler on routine plays. Mika can be like that when he’s cold but rarely on routine plays and even rarer in the d zone. With Miller you never know when this will happen. Used to be 1-2 times a game with him but he’s greatly improved, rough one tonight though.
Everyone on this team handles the puck like they've never played hockey before (unless they already had generational hands) and I don't understand it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Everyone on this team handles the puck like they've never played hockey before (unless they already had generational hands) and I don't understand it.
To be fair the problem was ten times worse earlier in the season

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
You can see from the responses of Gallant and Valiquette that nobody cared about this.

I don't think they're overly concerned about home ice. The more experienced teams generally aren't nowadays.
They left so many points on the board against trash all season that they did this to themselves regardless. They better back it up now and win on the road.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They left so many points on the board against trash all season that they did this to themselves regardless. They better back it up now and win on the road.
I think this is a criticism that fundamentally misunderstands the meta the NHL is in right now.

Boston's 12 regulation losses are to Nashville, Chicago, Detroit, Edmonton, Washington, Carolina, Tampa, Seattle, Arizona, Florida, Toronto, and Ottawa. Half of those aren't going to make the playoffs.

Between the schedule and the hard cap, separation between teams in a one-game sample isn't that much.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
KAM looked like he was playing sick. Hopefully it doesn't spread into the playoffs.

Reactions: romba

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Not worried about anything from last night. Sabres were fighting for their season and it clearly showed. One good thing is that Panarin seems to score his goals in bunches, so maybe he's getting hot at the right time.

Best bet is to sit Fox on Thursday and play Harpur. Playoffs probably don't get underway until Monday, maybe Tuesday next week. Let him rest up after a long season.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Not worried about anything from last night. Sabres were fighting for their season and it clearly showed. One good thing is that Panarin seems to score his goals in bunches, so maybe he's getting hot at the right time.

Best bet is to sit Fox on Thursday and play Harpur. Playoffs probably don't get underway until Monday, maybe Tuesday next week. Let him rest up after a long season.
He's shooting alot more. On his second goal he could have, in theory, tried the one time pass through a defender but opted to rip it. It's opposite the overpassing to buddies Mika-Syndrome, he wants to show off for his buddies lol

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I think this is a criticism that fundamentally misunderstands the meta the NHL is in right now.

Boston's 12 regulation losses are to Nashville, Chicago, Detroit, Edmonton, Washington, Carolina, Tampa, Seattle, Arizona, Florida, Toronto, and Ottawa. Half of those aren't going to make the playoffs.

Between the schedule and the hard cap, separation between teams in a one-game sample isn't that much.
After going to the ECF last year, they should've taken the next step and won the division. That's just my opinion. Not showing up for first periods all year is a problem. Coaching down to leadership. Now you hope they flip a switch and play a full 60 every playoff game when they couldn't do it most times during the season. I understand what you're saying, but Boston made up for it by winning 63+ games lol. Rangers aren't even going to win 50 with this roster.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
After going to the ECF last year, they should've taken the next step and won the division. That's just my opinion. Not showing up for first periods all year is a problem. Coaching down to leadership. Now you hope they flip a switch and play a full 60 every playoff game when they couldn't do it most times during the season. I understand what you're saying, but Boston made up for it by winning 63+ games lol. Rangers aren't even going to win 50 with this roster.
Winning the division is meaningless. Most of the Cup winners since the lockout were pedestrian regular season teams and I still think Boston is gonna find out why the hard way.

I think we've actually played this season like a veteran team that wants to win the Cup. I don't think this is all luck:

We rested early when a lot of guys get hurt, won a shit ton of games in the middle, and rested late when a lot of guys get hurt.

Regular season "statements" literally don't accomplish anything other than appeasing fans on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad