Post-Game Talk: Bison Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
You can see from the responses of Gallant and Valiquette that nobody cared about this.

I don't think they're overly concerned about home ice. The more experienced teams generally aren't nowadays.
Home ice/court/field advantage means the least in hockey out of just about every other sport I can think of, TBH. It matters second least in football.

I think Harpoon already got one in that shitty Boston game where Ullmark made like 95 saves.
Didn't watch that game, maybe he did. I'll take your word.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Can anbody post a replay of the Power shot and Levi tripping Kakko. I'm going to watch the Regina Pats game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Home ice/court/field advantage means the least in hockey out of just about every other sport I can think of, TBH. It matters second least in football.

Didn't watch that game, maybe he did. I'll take your word.
And of course football is mostly because of the terrible sample of one game.

It matters the most in basketball because with a sample of over 200 points, the better team actually wins almost all of the games.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
2014, our highest point guy was Zuccarello. 59 points. now we have 2 with 90. it's absolutely stupid how we managed to get so far with that
The team was really well balanced. Three rolling lines that cycled well plus an elite checking line backed by an all time goalie at the top of his game. That does well in the playoffs.

The Rangers would have won back to back in 2014 and 2015 if they got Chicago both years in the Finals. LA was a bad matchup and played the exact way to beat that kind of team. Literally throw everything at the net and score greasy goals.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I was at the one of the games against the Penguins, at the game in St. Louis, and the game tonight. In all 3 he had a turnover that wound up in the back of the net.

I love the kid, and I know the game is whatever, but he has to be more responsible with the puck, especially in his own zone.

Gallant dropped him to 3rd pair after the game tying goal. Maybe that will send the necessary message.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
And of course football is mostly because of the terrible sample of one game.

It matters the most in basketball because with a sample of over 200 points, the better team actually wins almost all of the games.

Would prefer game 7 at home, but it really doesn’t feel like it matters. You honestly feel pretty good as the road team getting a split after first two.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
i feel like our shootout shooters never read off each other and how the goalie is playing the breakaway. why are all of these guys trying to deke when he gave up absolutely nothing on dekes. levi was barely covering the top half of the net and no one was paying attention or all just decided what they were going to do before the shootout began.
The first three shooters probably should devise a game plan like a catcher and pitcher do for a batter.
Maybe they do, I don’t know. Just a thought. I didn’t even get to see the match.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Glad 3v3 is going away in the playoffs because we so clearly don't even bother. People complain about playing 60 minutes...well there you go, folks. Literally 60 minutes and not a second more.

Also glad the shootout is going away because it's trash and not much better than a tie.
Funny you should mention ties... this has bothered me for so long now... because they never really went away, that's why games magically go from worth 2 points to 3. Because if the game is tied after regulation the teams split the 2 points. Ties never went away. There is no loss point. The extra point is for a win in the gimmick parts of the game. The NHL thought we wouldn't notice, they think we're stupid.

2014, our highest point guy was Zuccarello. 59 points. now we have 2 with 90. it's absolutely stupid how we managed to get so far with that
Lundqvist, Henrik.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The team was really well balanced. Three rolling lines that cycled well plus an elite checking line backed by an all time goalie at the top of his game. That does well in the playoffs.

The Rangers would have won back to back in 2014 and 2015 if they got Chicago both years in the Finals. LA was a bad matchup and played the exact way to beat that kind of team. Literally throw everything at the net and score greasy goals.
totally agree. I was just making the point of "look how far we've come" from praying someone hits 60 points to "we have 2 90 point forwards for the first time in 50 years". surreal to see. but that 2014 team, having 3 2nd lines was kinda fun lol

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Miller can puck fumbler on routine plays. Mika can be like that when he’s cold but rarely on routine plays and even rarer in the d zone. With Miller you never know when this will happen. Used to be 1-2 times a game with him but he’s greatly improved, rough one tonight though.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Frustrating that we honestly should have ran away with this division. So many games and points we pissed away over the course of the season, especially early. 13 OTL's now. Losses to CLB and ANA. Blown 3-0 lead in the 3rd at home to EDM and lose 4-3 in regulation. Collapse vs OTT at home and a loss to CHI the very next night (Trouba helmet toss game). Bunch of these OTL/SO losses in the last month or so. Halak earned 3 of a possible 16 points in his first 8 starts. Everything adds up. Hopefully it doesn't matter (we have to beat 4 good teams regardless to win it all, anyway) but just food for thought...

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Funny you should mention ties... this has bothered me for so long now... because they never really went away, that's why games magically go from worth 2 points to 3. Because if the game is tied after regulation the teams split the 2 points. Ties never went away. There is no loss point. The extra point is for a win in the gimmick parts of the game. The NHL thought we wouldn't notice, they think we're stupid.

Lundqvist, Henrik.

I still think the league should do like the KHL does.
3 points regulation win
2 points OT/SO win
1 point OT/SO loss
0 points regulation loss

Teams like Calgary and Pittsburgh wouldn't even be seriously in the playoff hunt if not for the loser's point and the charity point on OT/SOW failing to distinguish it from an RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad