B-Sens Bingo 2016-17 On-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Former Bsen Darren Kramer arrested in disney land. Attacked man with bowling pin and fled into lego store

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Report on the Binghamton forwards 2015-2016

Binghamton 2015-2016
The season that fell apart early....
The Forwards as I saw them
Via Zeke.....
I try to be unbiased on my ratings of all the players.....

Kyle Flanagan #8
Forward -- shoots L
Born Dec 30 1988 -- Canton, NY
[27 yrs. ago]
Height 5.09 -- Weight 179
I liked him kid was on a PTO all season long..
44 6 14 20 16 0.....
He gives you what he has and tries all the time got hurt late in the season and had to have surgery.... I would take him back for next season on an AHL deal........

Matt Puempel #9
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Jan 24 1993 -- Essex, ONT
[23 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 190
Matt is a goal scorer 1st round pick #24, being a goal scorer he will be given every chance if not with Ottawa then with other teams will be resigned not sure if he will make to Ottawa full time, could be trade bait......
34 17 13 30 15 -1

Buddy Robinson #10
Left Wing -- shoots R
Born Sep 30 1991 -- Bellmawr, NJ
[24 yrs. ago]
Height 6.06 -- Weight 232
Big Buddy has pretty good wheels.... When short handed he can swoop in like a big hawk on the goalie with the puck..... Other times I say to myself where's Buddy..... I keep waiting for him to develop to be the power forward Ottawa could use up top.... I would resign him for 2 more yrs but I may be thinking with my heart and not my head with Big Buddy..... Ottawa may be tired of waiting for him to develop.....
62 13 10 23 66 -2

Travis Ewanyk #11
Center -- shoots L
Born Mar 29 1993 -- North Vancouver, BC
[23 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 202
A take back from the Gryba trade Oilers wanted to get rid of a contract.... Kid tries but lacks skill.... Time to part ways with him...
66 5 4 9 110 -6

Max McCormick #17
Forward -- shoots L
Born May 1 1992 -- De Pere, WI
[24 yrs. ago]
Height 5.11 -- Weight 188
Max busts his rear all the time, an overachiever he gives you what he has... Has a bit of a scoring touch and is a hard tough player.... Will he make it up to be a full time player with Ottawa not sure, but without a doubt I would resign Max....
57 15 15 30 143 1

Jason Akeson #18
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Jun 3 1990 -- Orleans, ONT
[26 yrs. ago]
Height 5.10 -- Weight 190
Late season trade with Amerks..... Man can pass the puck good set up man, has good vision on the ice..... Quality player would love to have him back but he would be costly for Ottawa to resign, you tell me??? He has the ability to hold on to the puck for a long time and then make a great pass to an open man for a good shot .....
21 5 17 22 0 -4

Danny Hobbs #19
Forward -- shoots L
Born Jun 21 1989 -- Shawville, PQ
[27 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 200
Journeyman AHL player man does try all the time to his credit..... I would say lets try for a younger player who has a chance to develop...
50 3 4 7 22 -5

Ryan Rupert #20
Center -- shoots L
Born Jun 2 1994 -- Grand Bend, ONT
[22 yrs. ago]
Height 5.09 -- Weight 190
I think Ryan has a yr left on his ELC not great but he tries, and goes to the dirty areas, and has pretty good wheels....... Came from Toronto in the late season trade......
30 7 6 13 35 -3

David Dziurzynski #22
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Oct 6 1989 -- Lloydminster, ALTA
[26 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 218
"DD" not great always been my dark horse player signed out of the BCHL, not a glory boy draft pick..... DD gets games up top I would sign DD for another yr myself, but my heart is talking................
43 8 12 20 73 -4

Casey Bailey #25
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Oct 27 1991 -- Anchorage, AK
[24 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 195
Came over in the Toronto deal, pretty good size OK skating he reminds me a little bit of D. Grant but not as good....... At times he struggled here but with this team that was expected......... I guess resign him for another yr.....
30 7 14 21 10

Philip Varone
Center -- shoots L
Born Dec 4 1990 -- Vaughan, ONT
[25 yrs. ago]
Height 5.10 -- Weight 186
Varone came over in the Rochester trade late in the yr...... I liked him, skilled player man plays with a bit of fire from what we did see of him.... He would be a depth player who would get games up top....... He would not be cheap to resign so that is the question, I would welcome him back....
21 6 17 23 8 2

Michael Keranen #36
Forward -- shoots L
Born Jan 4 1990 -- Stockholm, Sweden
[26 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 170
Came in from a late trade with the Wild.... Seemed to be a journeyman player, nothing great did show some balls getting in a fight in Binghamton in fact surprised me he dropped the gloves....... My guess is that he is not resigned......
21 4 3 7 13 -8

Ryan Penny #39
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Sep 9 1994 -- Fall River, NS
[21 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 192
Kid tried would stick his head in there, best I remember..... Seemed a bit slow at times at the AHL level.... Was returned to Evansville could return on an AHL deal, next yr.... For some reason don't recall that much about Ryan, if anybody can add about him feel free to add...............
24 2 3 5 8 -3

Zack Stortini #45
Center -- shoots R
Born Sep 11 1985 -- Elliot Lake, ONT
[30 yrs. ago]
Height 6.04 -- Weight 215
Zack is very good at getting in front of a goaltender on the PP..... Very good man in the locker room, visits the hospitals here all the time Ect.... Zach is not a fast skater by any means we know that..... He gives you what he has every game...... He does one thing that I love he fights. I love to watch two big boys fight on the ice always have and always will..... My Dad used to take me down to Hershey to see the Bears in the 30's two times a yr.... When the AHL was new they would run day trips from where I grew up in the
Wilkes-Barre area.... First time I saw the Hershey Park Arena I loved it still do never knew a building could be that big with ice inside..... So I remember how the game used to be played it was a better game...... Off topic a bit now my Dad used to take me to Philly to watch Baseball also he would find cheap trips bus to Philly see a game on Saturday sack out watch a game or 2 Sunday and come home...... I was blessed to watch Ted Williams as a rookie to this day he was the best hitter I ever saw and I have watched so many over the yrs......

Enough I will get back to topic now..... Zach in the right situations can be effective also he is signed for next season... Zach did break down a bit late in the season.....
66 8 8 16 182 -14

Next I will get to the Blueliners and then to the goaltenders, from this poor 2015-2016 Binghamton season..................

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
Off topic a bit now my Dad used to take me to Philly to watch Baseball also he would find cheap trips bus to Philly see a game on Saturday sack out watch a game or 2 Sunday and come home...... I was blessed to watch Ted Williams as a rookie to this day he was the best hitter I ever saw and I have watched so many over the yrs......

Yikes, that was 1939. I hope my memory is as good 75 years later...

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Yikes, that was 1939. I hope my memory is as good 75 years later...

"Sentron5000":

Tell you what after I finish my D-man and, Goaltender rating. I will post about watching Ted Williams as rookie, and yes that was 1939......

I don't think the mods will mind at all.................

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
"Sentron5000":

Tell you what after I finish my D-man and, Goaltender rating. I will post about watching Ted Williams as rookie, and yes that was 1939......

I don't think the mods will mind at all.................

Please do. I would love to hear the difference between Williams and the best hitters of the modern era. Or even Williams vs DiMaggio.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Binghamton 2015-2016
Via Zeke.....

Good post Zeke, we love your write-ups. 1939 ... the world has changed a lot since then. You take care & have a great summer.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Binghamton 2015-2016
Via Zeke.....
ach did break down a bit late in the season.....

Thanks Zeke, much appreciated.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Good post Zeke, we love your write-ups. 1939 ... the world has changed a lot since then. You take care & have a great summer.

"Aragorn":

So glad my friends in Ottawa love my posts, makes an old man happy.................

Posters down here think I am crazy as they look at things differently than the posters from Ottawa do....... So I get along better with posters from Ottawa........

As for Hockey it gets me out of my house 38 or so times a yr, and gets me off my rear..... It keeps my mind active between watching Binghamton 76 times a yr on the road with AHL live, watching Ottawa play, keeping an eye on the draft picks, and the players in the ECHL..... It takes up a lot my time and, I love writing my game reports. I think I write a good report of the game better than the local reporter does down here.......

Yes Aragorn 1939 was a long time ago @ times it seems like yesterday to me other times it was so long in the past.......

Dec 7th 1941 changed everything I was 17 then...... A senior in High School I enlisted in the Navy in Jan 1942, we had a job to do and doing it took 5 yrs of my life, to do that terrible job.......

I was no hero in fact I would get so scared that I would shake, pissed my pants many times, and did worse in my pants..... Puked my guts out a lot also. Saw things human beings did to each other that I hope other people never see.....

The heroes to me where the ones who gave their lives so that I could live my long full life......

Things I had to do in the war change you forever no way it won't change you.......

I will share this about the Battle of Saipan I was on a tin can off the shore miles off shore...... You could smell that smell of death way out there it was so strong made you puke this smell lasted for over 2-3 weeks....... After the battle ended the See-Bees built runways and the big B-29's could attack the main island of Japan.... One day I was on deck I used to stand out there and watch the B-29's take off.... One day this plane got in the air and exploded bang it was just gone the blast was so intense it knocked me right on my ass!!!!!!

Being young and foolish back then I wanted to fly on the big B-29's to Tokyo thought it would be great to do...... We used to resupply the Army Air Corps and Marines on the island..... So I talked to the Air Corps Brass they told me I was nuts and did I have a death wish...... I asked my Captain he knew those officers being an Annapolis man so they trained me for a week or 2 and off I went to Tokyo Damn long flight to Japan then we dropped down and the bombardier let me drop the bombs on his command...... I watched them fall and the city burned....... On the way back he told me we dropped napalm and we know what that does to people ect...... On the way back they let me fly the plane a little bit 10 min or so long flight back and we landed they did tell me if we went down not to be taken alive...... I had no desire to do that again and went back to my ship, after I thanked the Brass for letting me go........

The above I shared when I was recruited off my ship by the Marines on Iwo Jima when they needed more men due to heavy loses and given a flame thrower.................. They had to burn the enemy out of the caves....... Doing that changed me I only had to do it for a day and a half as they gained control of that Damn Island from Hell..... When I got back to my ship I puked for a week that one I don't talk about........ My Captain explained to me that was war and on those damn islands war at it worst, and that I would get over it but it would always haunt me...... He was right even after all those yrs it haunts me, so I never talk much about it.........

Sometimes I just have to get it out a bit yes it is way off topic but I just have to talk about it, helps me deal with it........

OK back to hockey now Aragorn you know anybody on this blog that likes big hard players, who hit??????????????????

Calorissi

Jan 16, 2004
Manotick
ZekeA:

I am a crazy fan like yourself who loves to find out about all the players in the organization so I would like to thank you too for all your updates and reports.

I would also like to thank you for your service. Though I am Canadian, both our country's soldiers (yourself included) put their lives on the line for everyone back home. Hearing the impact war had on you doesn't make you any less of a hero.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
"Aragorn":

So glad my friends in Ottawa love my posts, makes an old man happy.................

OK back to hockey now Aragorn you know anybody on this blog that likes big hard players, who hit??????????????????

Big hard players who hit? You & me buddy, just you & me.

That's quite a story & not the first time I hear about the terrible things that happen in war. TV, movies & media try to glorify it at times but IMO everyone loses at war, even the winners come home damaged from what they have seen or what they have done or from what has happened to them. I'm glad you made it back Zeke but it would be nice if we never saw war on this planet again. I wish you peace my friend. Go B-Sens Go.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
ZekeA:

I am a crazy fan like yourself who loves to find out about all the players in the organization so I would like to thank you too for all your updates and reports.

I would also like to thank you for your service. Though I am Canadian, both our country's soldiers (yourself included) put their lives on the line for everyone back home. Hearing the impact war had on you doesn't make you any less of a hero.

"Calorissi":

I am glad you enjoy my posts on this blog, I like to write them......

The way I always figured it was that we were all fighting for the free world and our way of life...... Many Canadian brothers fought in WW2 and lost their lives doing it.......

Will share 1 quick story with you it was March 1942 I was in Boston ready to be assigned to a ship...... The SP's come in and told me I had been assigned temporarily to a tin can and to pack my bags and he would take me to my ship....... It was a newer tin can and we had convoy duty from Newfoundland to Iceland then the Royal Navy would take over..... Cold my duty was out on the deck watching the water for U-Boats and icebergs..... Dam I thought body parts were going to fall off me so damn cold...... The thought of catching a fish and sinking and being an ice cube in 5 min scared me so much...... Never saw a U-Boat and the convoy made it intact to Iceland...... Take my word for it the North Atlantic is cold and miserable in March.............. I was so thankful to get back to Boston......

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Thanks Zeke, much appreciated.

"Pepty":

Glad you like my reports, 2 more to write D-men and the Goalies......

After the July signings we start what I call the dog days of hockey till the camps open....................

Be well and have a great summer.......

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Former Bsen Darren Kramer arrested in disney land. Attacked man with bowling pin and fled into lego store

Reading this again made me think of when Homer was arrested at Itchy and Scratchy Land.

"Attention Mrs. Kramer, your son has been arrested."

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thanks for sharing your Binghamton reports Zeke. I also like reading your war stories.

I remember watching the first year Winnipeg Jets play with Bobby Hull leading the team. Lots of great memories of WHA games including seeing Gordie Howe and his sons playing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You have to imagine Sieloff really helps out the defence in Bingo this year.

So what does Bingo's D look like now?

Englund - Harpur
Claesson - Leduc
Sieloff - Erkamps
Carlysle - Lepine

Am I missing guys?

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Leduc was not qualified.

Man, that's not good defense...

It needs a top pair puck mover. A guy like Wideman, Benoit, or Kostka would make a world of difference (or Chabot, but his birthday means he's stuck in the CHL).

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It needs a top pair puck mover. A guy like Wideman, Benoit, or Kostka would make a world of difference (or Chabot, but his birthday means he's stuck in the CHL).

Yeah, hopefully Kostka comes back. I don't think Claesson plays another game in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad