Confirmed with Link: Binghamton Senators Moving To Belleville

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Is the plan for the Senators to buy the franchise, relocate it and operate it themselves or will it be owned by local interests like in Binghamton?

Blueshirts

Dec 12, 2006
Stupid move, they lust added thousands of travel miles to their prospects. Binghamton is right in the middle of the AHL east. But this is Ottawa, they have a history of stupid moves.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Stupid move, they just added thousands of travel miles to their prospects. Binghamton is right in the middle of the AHL east. But this is Ottawa, they have a history of stupid moves.

Well, per the article it's occurring in the middle of another set of re-alignments. And Binghamton is receiving a replacement team.

It'll be closeish to Toronto, and Laval is still further out than anyone else.
The advantage will be that it's only a couple hours away so you can send kids up and down on game days easily without even worrying about passport checks. So probably opportunities for cap/salary savings.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Makes me sad. Enjoyed having the Sens in town. Caught a glimpse of players the Sabres would be facing off against in future seasons.

As you can imagine, I was thrilled about the Lehner trade, especially after witnessing him here in Binghamton.

I guess I can get back to totally hating the Sens organization once again?:naughty:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for all the reports over the years from the good posters watching games in bingo. Sorry you guys are losing your team...

edit: Just saw you're getting another one. Ok, not as bad. Hope the new team treats you guys right,

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I won't be making any more trips to Belleville as I would to Bingo, so personally this doesn't mean much, but I suppose for the org. this is a pretty major advantage to have both teams in Ontario.

Still sad to have to say goodbye to our Bingo friends though, and hopefully some of you Binghamton guys will stick around the forum.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Good move by the team. Belleville is close enough that we could add to our NHL fanbase there. Nobody in Bingo was rooting for the Sens.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Thanks Zeke, Ski, Maindot and all other fine folks in Bingo for all those years.
I will secretely cheer for the next Binghamton team n AHL whichever it will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: