Confirmed with Link: Binghamton Senators Moving To Belleville

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Good move by the team. Belleville is close enough that we could add to our NHL fanbase there. Nobody in Bingo was rooting for the Sens.

I was. I understand that it should benefit the Org overall but still sucks for the few fans who did enjoy getting to see the young guys before they shipped up. I actually got to see Hoffman play in Elmira before he got moved up to Bingo, looked incredibly out of place in a league that only does dump chase and punch in the face. I like Jackals games but not for the hockey. Not looking forward to getting another AHL team. I liked my baby sens.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good to see hockey in Belleville again but the travel distance is not that different. 271 km between Ottawa and Belleville, 429 between Ottawa and Binghamton.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Good to see hockey in Belleville again but the travel distance is not that different. 271 km between Ottawa and Belleville, 429 between Ottawa and Binghamton.

No border crossing helps, though.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Can't we just move Elmira to Bingo?

Move Elmira to Belleville. Move Bingo to Gatineau.

Belleville is in the heart of Leafsland and from the article the new contract will have many clauses ensuring the new tenant has to stay for years no matter what else transpires. With all the new development at Lebreton, Gatineau would be such a good choice to maximize coaching and practice facilities. If the Senators are buying the franchise, they are not considering all the options with a Belleville choice named so quickly.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Is the plan for the Senators to buy the franchise, relocate it and operate it themselves or will it be owned by local interests like in Binghamton?

This is a very good question. I don't think anyone knows the answer. Despite the thread title, the article as I read it, seems to say it's not quite a done deal yet, it just confirms what we all suspected, that there is a plan to do this. Sounds like Belleville still has a bunch of work to do, but if they can get it done then the team will move. Since it's not been officially announced, we don't really know those details, I guess, except that the city seems to want a stake.

I was. I understand that it should benefit the Org overall but still sucks for the few fans who did enjoy getting to see the young guys before they shipped up. I actually got to see Hoffman play in Elmira before he got moved up to Bingo, looked incredibly out of place in a league that only does dump chase and punch in the face. I like Jackals games but not for the hockey. Not looking forward to getting another AHL team. I liked my baby sens.

If it does happen, I'll miss Bingo, too. I always liked having a little Senators enclave in upstate NY. I was more excited for that Calder Cup run than I have been for any NHL playoff run since 07. It is better for the organization, but it will make me sad to see the team move.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I have such good memories of going down for the Calder run. Too bad, but they get a new team so not all doom and gloom.

I always smiled when driving through Bingo on the way down south.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Don't let the door hit you...

K then.

Glad it's moving to Belleville. Much easier to catch some games and maybe we'll gain some Sens fans in the process. Also Belleville as a city might be a more attractive place to play in than Bingo.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
This is a smart move, but I hate it if Zeke is going to stop frequenting the boards. Shocked and appalled that the organization did not take him into account!

Seriously, the guys who helped make the team in Bingo more accessible are all such gems. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I can't imagine that there's another Zeke or another Maindot in Belleville.

BigEyedPhish

Aug 23, 2006
:D
The NHL team that will be taking the Sens place, which is pretty much probably the worst kept secret in town, is actually quite eager/excited to come here. Which should be rather exciting for us as well.

It has potential to be a longggg partnership.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
The NHL team that will be taking the Sens place, which is pretty much probably the worst kept secret in town, is actually quite eager/excited to come here. Which should be rather exciting for us as well.

Well it's been reported teams want to be closer to their NHL affiliates, so I assume either the Rags, Islanders, Sabres, or Devils affiliate will jump on the Bingo opportunity.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I expect it will be easier not to have to cross the border, and I dont really care much one way or the other except for the Bingo fans , BingoSensFan who we haven't heard from in awhile,Ski and others and especially Zeke.

I hope they get a great new team to follow and that they may still keep half an eye on what is going on up here.

I still want the best for my favourite players who leave the Sens and will always have a soft spot for Bingo no matter who it is affiliated with(I know it wont be the Habs or Leafs which helps.)

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
This is a smart move, but I hate it if Zeke is going to stop frequenting the boards. Shocked and appalled that the organization did not take him into account!

Seriously, the guys who helped make the team in Bingo more accessible are all such gems. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I can't imagine that there's another Zeke or another Maindot in Belleville.

Agreed

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Who is the rumoured new team?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Haha. I knew somebody was going to call me on that. :laugh: Maybe you should move to belleville.

"Felix Rises":
Rear End #2026

I just don't find it funny that you say Haha about this......

I always thought all the rear ends lived in the states... [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
ZekeA

I'm sure its disappointing news for you and my condolences.

You are obviously a dedicated , well informed fan and a valued member of this community.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Went to College in Belleville. Know the city pretty well.

I feel bad for the players. Having never been to Binghamton, I'm sure it's a much nicer place to be. Bellevegas is a treat for sure.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Don't let the door hit you...

I feel your pain, as I lost an NHL team when it left my home town many years ago. I hope a replacement team is announced soon and that Binghamtom hockey fans rally behind that new team. Best of luck to all Binghamtom hockey fans as this change occurs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad