OT: Bills Season - Part VII: 5-5 - Next: Sun Nov 29 at KC, 1 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The officiating was terrible but it would be naive to say the Bills lost because of the refs. The touchdown drive before halftime was a tough pill to swallow after playing great defence for 90% of that half. If the defence continues to play with that energy and are able to frustrate QBs the way they did Brady then we could be in business. The Pats patchwork O-line could be a large part of why the D looked relentless but we'll see how things play out in KC. KC is a winnable game although not a gimme by any stretch. The only question is which Bills team will hit the field Sunday afternoon.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lets not forget Shady dropped a TD. You can play lets not forget a ton, but it was a close game and the Bills played well. They made small mistakes and were still in a game vs the best team in the league. It's been a long time since the Bills could say that. If the D plays like that, the Bills could win a playoff game in New England.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14210773

Also, Sports Science seems to disagree that the inadvertent would be a touchdown. They have Darby slowing up and catching Amendola well before he hits the end zone.

That was actually a defensive play by McCourty. I thought he dropped it to but it was broken up.

I don't know the specifics behind sports science except I'm sure speed is a factor here. Did they take into account the fact that he would have to turn around as well? He's probably faster than him for sure but I don't know how they can tell that and breakdown every little detail of a play and say he'd easily catch up to him. I think it'd be close not well before. If he gets him its somewhere on the redzome I'm sure and probably inside the 10 but a big play regardless. Drive ends up as a missed FG leading to their only TD. Now NE did win but it was a big sequence in the game. If they get a TD there that game probably becomes a true route.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
If people can say Amendola would have scored on the inadvertent whistle, I'm confident to say Taylor to Watkins for the game tying TD would definitely have happened if the Bills had a chance.

I don't get that logic at all. It'd be a hail mary to the end zone. Regardless that whole 2 minute drive was piss poor. It wasn't until 3rd and 18 on the last play where they actually threw a real pass that wasn't a dump off.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
That was actually a defensive play by McCourty. I thought he dropped it to but it was broken up.

I don't know the specifics behind sports science except I'm sure speed is a factor here. Did they take into account the fact that he would have to turn around as well? He's probably faster than him for sure but I don't know how they can tell that and breakdown every little detail of a play and say he'd easily catch up to him. I think it'd be close not well before. If he gets him its somewhere on the redzome I'm sure and probably inside the 10 but a big play regardless. Drive ends up as a missed FG leading to their only TD. Now NE did win but it was a big sequence in the game. If they get a TD there that game probably becomes a true route.
The biggest factor is that Amendola is facing his QB and all but stopped. Darby would have had his hands on him within 5 yards.

EDIT: Amendola literally passes Darby after Darby has already stopped playing.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I don't get that logic at all. It'd be a hail mary to the end zone. Regardless that whole 2 minute drive was piss poor. It wasn't until 3rd and 18 on the last play where they actually threw a real pass that wasn't a dump off.

If you watch the video, Darby gives up, which gives Amendola an additional 2.5 feet of space. Had he not given up, Darby would have been arms length away from Amendola.

If he doesn't get him, Darby's top speed is 21.5 MPH, whereas Amendola's top speed is 20 MPH. The difference in speed means Darby would catch up to Amendola within 15 yards of where Amendola caught the ball. That is exactly where the ball was placed after the penalty. Nowhere near close to the red zone.

So, the logic there is, both Amendola scoring a touchdown and a Taylor hail mary to Watkins were both equally unlikely to occur.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
ElderlyHairyGrayreefshark.gif

Castrophy

Feb 26, 2015
Oswego, NY
These next two games are both must wins if this is the year we make the playoffs. I thought the defense looked really good against the Patriots. Now we need to kick the crap out of the Chiefs and start rolling towards the post season.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I would have liked to see Coples signed. It's funny Thigpen trolled us on Twitter and then gets re-signed. See ya Moore, you were useless.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Is Greg Roman's offense too predictable? How many times did we see the Pats stuff a run play or stop a screen because they knew it was coming?

I would need four hands to count the number of times they ran an option sweep to McCoy out of the shotgun. I'd only need one to count the number of times it went for more than 2 yards and Taylor kept it maybe once. It started to get frustrating. Toss in the slow developing, outside run to Karlos on 3rd and inches and a few other baffling decisions and the offensive playcalling left a LOT to be desired.

I mean, it almost worked but timid, predictable game plans aren't going to get it done against the class of the AFC. And the defense was exactly the opposite. It was creative and confusing and slaughtered a beat up Pats line. Do that against the Cheifs and Houston, and we have a great chance to take the next two games. (PS, this is why I hate moral victories, they get my hopes up while not helping our standing)

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I would need four hands to count the number of times they ran an option sweep to McCoy out of the shotgun. I'd only need one to count the number of times it went for more than 2 yards and Taylor kept it maybe once. It started to get frustrating. Toss in the slow developing, outside run to Karlos on 3rd and inches and a few other baffling decisions and the offensive playcalling left a LOT to be desired.

I mean, it almost worked but timid, predictable game plans aren't going to get it done against the class of the AFC. And the defense was exactly the opposite. It was creative and confusing and slaughtered a beat up Pats line. Do that against the Cheifs and Houston, and we have a great chance to take the next two games. (PS, this is why I hate moral victories, they get my hopes up while not helping our standing)

Agreed to a point, but it's not like they didn't take shots. If Tyrod connects on just one of his deep balls, that game and game plan looks a lot different.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Ahh, the yearly meeting with the Chiefs. Seems like the Bills either blow them out, or lose in heart-breaking fashion in games they should've won. What will it be?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Bills will lose to a team we are way better then. And that sucks about Coples. Enjoy last place Miami losers

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Is Greg Roman's offense too predictable? How many times did we see the Pats stuff a run play or stop a screen because they knew it was coming?

You know the Patriots are known for cheating as regards stealing signals and plays, right?

And the two are not mutually exclusive. Bills play calling could suck and the Pats could have known they were running a sucky play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad