OT: Bills Season - Part VII: 5-5 - Next: Sun Nov 29 at KC, 1 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Yeah, I didn't get that call either, but still far-fetched they'd do anything with a wincing Taylor on a hail mary.

Oh I know, but it's the principle of the matter.

Pats fans better not ***** about that inadvertent whistle after that.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Did anyone take the time to go back and see if tyrod definitely fumbled on the next to last play?

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Yeah, I didn't get that call either, but still far-fetched they'd do anything with a wincing Taylor on a hail mary.

That's why ej was warming up on the sideline. He can at least throw a Hail Mary.

I just don't understand how the NFL wouldn't review the last play of the game. He was so out of bounds.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
Even though they lost, I enjoyed the game. Against an undefeated Pats team, they were in it. ****** that mckelvin was the goat... Again.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Clock should have stopped. The officiating in this league gets worse every year. Which is saying something

The NFL is at the point where if I spend a Sunday doing chores I don't miss it at all. It's a terrible product where the players are uncompelling prima-donnas and refs decide every game despite not even knowing the ill-considered rules, which are randomly enforced, ignored, and/or re-interpreted, sometimes on the same play. And then they go to review for 5 minutes while I'm looking for something else on the Program Guide.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Lol at Berman. Thinks ne only wins 28-27. Funniest thing I've seen all week..

The past 6 Bills-Pats matchups (to even out home/away), 4 out of the 6 were 1 score games, the other 2 were 14ish point games.

Going back to 2009, Bills-Pats in NE were 1 score games 4 out of the 6 games.

With Edleman and Lewis out, not a crazy prediction that it will be close.

Since i was right on it being close vs Sports saying it won't be close, can I now know more about sports than anyone else here?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Disappointed with the offensive execution as well. The shots were there, they took them, they just missed on far too many of them. Add in the missed FG and the McKelvin fumble (not to mention the holding no one has seen yet on the interception - 6 point swing right there at minimum). They were right there away from home against the best team in the league. The defense was outstanding.

Oh and, please be healthy Tyrod :cry:

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Another thing about the officiating... Anyone got an explanation of why the refs let the clock run for 30 seconds before finally deciding to call down to the field and review the first down spot on the last drive?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Week 12: Bills at Chiefs on CBS at 1 PM ET

BUF.png
VS.
KC.png

NFL.com Game Preview

CBS Sports Game Preview

Bills at Chiefs Vegas Lines

Bills vs. Chiefs History

NFL Week 12 Maps - Available on Wednesday

CBS Broadcast Team
Play-by-Play: Kevin Harlan
Color Analyst: Rich Gannon

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Since i was right on it being close vs Sports saying it won't be close, can I now know more about sports than anyone else here?

It was a 7 point game but it really didn't feel that close. They had one killer drive all night. The defense kept them in the game but the offense stunk. What were they? 2-12 on 3rd down. They never technically got to the redzone. They moved the ball inside the 40 but stalled. NE wasn't at their best obviously but outside of the D getting to Brady and stopping the run for the most part the offense held them back. NE missed opportunities and let's not forget that inadvertent whistle. That took away a TD likely. Up 14 that game changes completely more than likely.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They netter hope that Taylor is okay. He made a great throw while hurt you can't deny that but there's a difference between playing like that for 3 minutes and all game. He kept holding his shoulder. There's no way Manuel can lead this team to the playoffs. Sunday's game is gigantic and if TT can't go they'll likely lose recently.

Where has that defense been most of the year? Amazing they applied pressure. Hopefully Dareus and Williams are alright.

This game though showed just how far away they are in comparison though. You can't make such little mistakes. Missed FG...TD in a 2 minute drive on a missed tackle that I believe would have forced a FG. In the 2nd half you waste a timeout because to start a drove you have 10 men out there. Like, what the hell?! Can't get a first down on 3rd and inches. McCoy has to catch that ball. Good play by McCourty on hustle but still should have caught it. I can't think of how many easy throws Taylor missed tonight. On the scoreboard it says this was a good close game and may suggest these teams really aren't that far apart when if you pay attention to the small details they are very far apart.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
They netter hope that Taylor is okay. He made a great throw while hurt you can't deny that but there's a difference between playing like that for 3 minutes and all game. He kept holding his shoulder. There's no way Manuel can lead this team to the playoffs. Sunday's game is gigantic and if TT can't go they'll likely lose recently.

Where has that defense been most of the year? Amazing they applied pressure. Hopefully Dareus and Williams are alright.

This game though showed just how far away they are in comparison though. You can't make such little mistakes. Missed FG...TD in a 2 minute drive on a missed tackle that I believe would have forced a FG. In the 2nd half you waste a timeout because to start a drove you have 10 men out there. Like, what the hell?! Can't get a first down on 3rd and inches. McCoy has to catch that ball. Good play by McCourty on hustle but still should have caught it. I can't think of how many easy throws Taylor missed tonight. On the scoreboard it says this was a good close game and may suggest these teams really aren't that far apart when if you pay attention to the small details they are very far apart.
Yeah that's completely backward. If the Bills and the Patriots were that far apart, and the Bills made a lot of stupid, small mistakes (and missed on some shots they usually hit), the Patriots would have blasted them out of the building.

Anyway, I looked up the rule and it turns out I was right on the 2nd TD as well. Chandler came onto the field before turning around and going back off. Because he was still on the field when the Patriots were ready to snap the ball, that counts as a substitution (or more accurately a simulated substitution - yes, that wording is in the rulebook), meaning the Bills should have been allowed time to substitute themselves. It should have been a no play and a warning to New England (the next quick snap punishable by a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty).

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Yeah that's completely backward. If the Bills and the Patriots were that far apart, and the Bills made a lot of stupid, small mistakes (and missed on some shots they usually hit), the Patriots would have blasted them out of the building.

Anyway, I looked up the rule and it turns out I was right on the 2nd TD as well. Chandler came onto the field before turning around and going back off. Because he was still on the field when the Patriots were ready to snap the ball, that counts as a substitution (or more accurately a simulated substitution - yes, that wording is in the rulebook), meaning the Bills should have been allowed time to substitute themselves. It should have been a no play and a warning to New England (the next quick snap punishable by a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty).

Pretty f****** embarrassing that these referees who are paid by the wealthiest business in America don't even know the rules to the game...which is what they are paid to know. :shakehead

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Maybe it was already discussed, but on the inadvertent whistle play, didn't Brady have the ball when the whistle was blown?

They ruled that Amendola had it (resulting in a NE first down and an additional 15 from Rex's penalty).

Officiating was brutal on both sides.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Maybe it was already discussed, but on the inadvertent whistle play, didn't Brady have the ball when the whistle was blown?

They ruled that Amendola had it (resulting in a NE first down and an additional 15 from Rex's penalty).

They did a replay of it later. The ball was in the air, and not caught yet, so the catch should not have counted. That was just a brutal game from the refs.

And a brutal game from the Bills' offense, all the way from the coaching staff to the quarterback. Taylor was brutal for most of the game.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site

I think the ball was in the air. Which means the pass shouldn't have counted. But they knew they screwed the pooch, so they allowed the catch and made up the silly 15 yard penalty to give the Pats a substantial gain. Pats should have been jobbed by a blown whistle, but instead they were gifted almost 30 yards to make up for it.

I don't have a reaction to the call on Watkins at the end. I can see the interpretation both ways. It probably saved the Bills a pick-6 and losing the spread.

The run off before the spot review during the last drive was because the Bills didn't have any timeouts and they didn't want to grant them a quick clock stoppage. At least according to Tirico.

Overall the refs continue to be terrible. The game has become incredibly slow paced and over regulated. Couple that with having to watch a terrible team like the Bills week after week and boy, these three hours are a struggle. I don't even care about the outcome anymore but there's no entertainment value at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad