OT: Bills Season - Part VII: 5-5 - Next: Sun Nov 29 at KC, 1 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghills23

Young Guns
Aug 12, 2006
Buffalo
The rulebook is killing the sport. Referees need to be full time employees to fully understand the rules of the game. I've never seen a good officiating crew but what a strange game officiating and all around. Egregious mistakes.

That was a tough loss to swallow.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I think the ball was in the air. Which means the pass shouldn't have counted. But they knew they screwed the pooch, so they allowed the catch and made up the silly 15 yard penalty to give the Pats a substantial gain. Pats should have been jobbed by a blown whistle, but instead they were gifted almost 30 yards to make up for it.

I don't have a reaction to the call on Watkins at the end. I can see the interpretation both ways. It probably saved the Bills a pick-6 and losing the spread.

The run off before the spot review during the last drive was because the Bills didn't have any timeouts and they didn't want to grant them a quick clock stoppage. At least according to Tirico.

Overall the refs continue to be terrible. The game has become incredibly slow paced and over regulated. Couple that with having to watch a terrible team like the Bills week after week and boy, these three hours are a struggle. I don't even care about the outcome anymore but there's no entertainment value at all.

No one is forcing you to watch the games. Just saying...

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I think the most upsetting part of the reffing last night was the penalties during conferences.

On Rambo's INT, there was no flag on the Bills. The refs conference, and then there is a penalty on the Bills.

On the inadvertent whistle, no flag on the field, refs conference, penalty on Bills.

The refs shouldn't have the luxury of seeing how a play turns out to determine if there is a penalty. Either throw a flag while the play is going on, or its not a penalty.

I've also had enough with Denarius Moore. Waste of a roster spot.

Also thought the hit on Taylor where he got hurt was dirty. Ball was out for a good second or two and the Pat two hand pushes Taylor to the ground.

Overall, the Bills were a couple small mistakes away from beating the Pats, in New England. Gap is closing. It was also nice to see the Bills finally hit Brady, too many games in the past where he had a clean jersey at the end of the game.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I think the ball was in the air. Which means the pass shouldn't have counted. But they knew they screwed the pooch, so they allowed the catch and made up the silly 15 yard penalty to give the Pats a substantial gain. Pats should have been jobbed by a blown whistle, but instead they were gifted almost 30 yards to make up for it.

I don't have a reaction to the call on Watkins at the end. I can see the interpretation both ways. It probably saved the Bills a pick-6 and losing the spread.

The run off before the spot review during the last drive was because the Bills didn't have any timeouts and they didn't want to grant them a quick clock stoppage. At least according to Tirico.

Overall the refs continue to be terrible. The game has become incredibly slow paced and over regulated. Couple that with having to watch a terrible team like the Bills week after week and boy, these three hours are a struggle. I don't even care about the outcome anymore but there's no entertainment value at all.

Bolded makes sense. I didn't have a huge issue with it.

I was more upset with Tyrod and the offense taking their time on the last FG drive. They were down two scores with time waning and they continually ran the play clock down to ~5 seconds with the game clock running. There was no sense of urgency.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I think the most upsetting part of the reffing last night was the penalties during conferences.

On Rambo's INT, there was no flag on the Bills. The refs conference, and then there is a penalty on the Bills.

On the inadvertent whistle, no flag on the field, refs conference, penalty on Bills.

The refs shouldn't have the luxury of seeing how a play turns out to determine if there is a penalty. Either throw a flag while the play is going on, or its not a penalty.

I've also had enough with Denarius Moore. Waste of a roster spot.

Also thought the hit on Taylor where he got hurt was dirty. Ball was out for a good second or two and the Pat two hand pushes Taylor to the ground.

Overall, the Bills were a couple small mistakes away from beating the Pats, in New England. Gap is closing. It was also nice to see the Bills finally hit Brady, too many games in the past where he had a clean jersey at the end of the game.

It was a completely legit holding call on Graham.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
It was a completely legit holding call on Graham.

I've no issue that it was a penalty... but why wasn't it a penalty when it happened? As I recall, a flag wasn't thrown for that foul, but was only thrown at the line.

Knowing how the refs treat the Bills, I can just imagine they all huddled up and said, ok, the Bills got an interception, this is big.. did anyone see anything at all that may have been any type of penalty against the Bills to negate the interception?

If they throw the flag when the play happens, it gets rid of that type of situation.

Kind of like last year's Bills-Pats.. .Bills get a huge stop on 3rd down, refs look around and see Jerry Hughes hitting his own player and call a penalty.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2015 NFL on CBS Announcers & Distribution: Week 12

BUF.png
KC.png

Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon
Distribution:
KPHO – Phoenix, AZ
KOLD – Tucson, AZ
KSWT – Yuma, AZ
KFSM – Fort Smith, AR
KTHV – Little Rock, AR
KFVS – Cape Girardeau, MO
KHQA – Hannibal, MO
KRCQ – Jefferson City, MO
KOAM – Joplin, MO
KCTV – Kansas City, MO
KTVO-DT2 – Kirksville, MO
KMOV – St. Louis, MO
KOLR – Springfield, MO
KTVQ – Billings, MT
KXLF – Butte, MT
KXGN – Glendive, MT
KRTV – Great Falls, MT
KPAX – Missoula, MT
KOLN – Lincoln, NE
KNPL – North Platte, NE
KMTV – Omaha, NE
KLAS – Las Vegas, NV
KRQE - Albuquerque, NM
WBNG - Binghamton, NY
WIVB - Buffalo, NY
WWNY - Carthage, NY
WENY - Elmira, NY
WROC - Rochester, NY
WTVH - Syracuse, NH
KXMB – Bismarck, ND
KXJB – Fargo, ND
KWTV – Oklahoma City, OK
KOTV – Tulsa, OK
WSEE - Erie, PA
KELO – Sioux Falls, SD
KGWN – Cheyenne, WY
KGWC – Casper, WY

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
It was a 7 point game but it really didn't feel that close. They had one killer drive all night. The defense kept them in the game but the offense stunk. What were they? 2-12 on 3rd down. They never technically got to the redzone. They moved the ball inside the 40 but stalled. NE wasn't at their best obviously but outside of the D getting to Brady and stopping the run for the most part the offense held them back. NE missed opportunities and let's not forget that inadvertent whistle. That took away a TD likely. Up 14 that game changes completely more than likely.

Lets not forget Shady dropped a TD. You can play lets not forget a ton, but it was a close game and the Bills played well. They made small mistakes and were still in a game vs the best team in the league. It's been a long time since the Bills could say that. If the D plays like that, the Bills could win a playoff game in New England.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14210773

Also, Sports Science seems to disagree that the inadvertent would be a touchdown. They have Darby slowing up and catching Amendola well before he hits the end zone.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Apparently Rex thinks Taylor can play. Thats good news but I wonder what the "injury" is. He kept holding that shoulder. Has to be more than a "bruise" I'm still nervous for this game and it probably is the season.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Lets not forget Shady dropped a TD. You can play lets not forget a ton, but it was a close game and the Bills played well. They made small mistakes and were still in a game vs the best team in the league. It's been a long time since the Bills could say that. If the D plays like that, the Bills could win a playoff game in New England.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14210773

Also, Sports Science seems to disagree that the inadvertent would be a touchdown. They have Darby slowing up and catching Amendola well before he hits the end zone.

I think he would have gotten his arms around him only a couple yards beyond where the catch is made, honestly. Certainly a chance he breaks the tackle and scores, but Darby's a sure tackler and there's no way Amendola was home free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad