Bill Davidge undergoing treatment for multiple myeloma

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Thanks everyone, it means a lot. The good news as Dr Fire said, is that its highly treatable, its still chemo and wont be a lot of fun, but best case scenario for what i have is 1 month treatment. Still have to find out the stage and other details, but im positive. I feel a little guilty as I didnt really mean to hijack the thread, but again, I really appreciate everyone's support

you've got mine, too

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Yes, Rasmussen is as Danish as it gets :P My father was abandoned at birth, so really dont have a good genealogy path on that side though

Well this thread took another not so happy turn suddenly...

Any idea if your Danish side had been on the United States for how long? Not that there would have been anything worthwhile happening for the Danes since the year 1992 at least. Northern tip of the then Denmark, Skåne was stolen by Sweden in it's prime during the 17th century and now they get new potatoes few weeks before Finland. But they don't taste as good I've heard claimed.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Started my treatments today, here's my blog if anyone would like to follow

hodgkinsfight.blogspot.com

Nice blog!

I think that it's a great idea for you to chronicle your experiences. What really hit me was when you mentioned the 90% survival rate and how it impacted you.

I wish you well during your journey.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Well this thread took another not so happy turn suddenly...

Any idea if your Danish side had been on the United States for how long? Not that there would have been anything worthwhile happening for the Danes since the year 1992 at least. Northern tip of the then Denmark, Skåne was stolen by Sweden in it's prime during the 17th century and now they get new potatoes few weeks before Finland. But they don't taste as good I've heard claimed.
Unfortunately I dont we know much more about my mom's side then my dads sign. I would have to think it would be the early 1900's at the least.

Nice blog!

I think that it's a great idea for you to chronicle your experiences. What really hit me was when you mentioned the 90% survival rate and how it impacted you.

I wish you well during your journey.

Thanks. I usually will research any ailment or procedure I need done, but when you have something that attaches a survival rate, no matter how positive, it makes you take a step back and realize what you have

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I am very, very happy to hear he is in remission. As Billy says, MM is considered non-curable, but manageable.

As I went back thru the posts I saw where I extended best wishes to him in 2014. Little did I know that I would share a kinship with him as just last October I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. It's pretty devasting to hear those words from the doctor. But like Bill I took a positive approach and was fortunate to have remarkable results that put my numbers at remission levels in March and began my stem cell transplant this week.

I love hearing success stories and am so happy for Bill. I am confident he will have many good years ahead.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I am very, very happy to hear he is in remission. As Billy says, MM is considered non-curable, but manageable.

As I went back thru the posts I saw where I extended best wishes to him in 2014. Little did I know that I would share a kinship with him as just last October I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. It's pretty devasting to hear those words from the doctor. But like Bill I took a positive approach and was fortunate to have remarkable results that put my numbers at remission levels in March and began my stem cell transplant this week.

I love hearing success stories and am so happy for Bill. I am confident he will have many good years ahead.

Great to hear this, Moe!

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Prayers answered.

Also praying for Bluejacketnut!

Awesome news for Bill and Moe!

Thanks Fred, I had my 6 month check up a couple weeks ago and all good. I have to go to regular checkups for 5 more years, so not really out of the woods for a couple more years. But they say once you hit 5 years with no issues, the rate of recurrence is less than 1%. Next up is the Pelotonia ride next weekend to try and end this POS disease!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Thanks Fred, I had my 6 month check up a couple weeks ago and all good. I have to go to regular checkups for 5 more years, so not really out of the woods for a couple more years. But they say once you hit 5 years with no issues, the rate of recurrence is less than 1%. Next up is the Pelotonia ride next weekend to try and end this POS disease!

Hang in there BJN and keep fighting this. 5 years you'll be good as new.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad