Bill Davidge undergoing treatment for multiple myeloma

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
My sister has been battling this for several years.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
God bless ya Billy. Hang tough & fight. There's thousands of us out here thinking of you.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I will admit to picking on his commentary a few times (in good humor), but from everything I've seen he seems like a great guy that everyone on the broadcast (players/coaches included) seem to like. Nothing but the best to Bill and his family through their times of difficulty.

Hope to see you back on the air soon, Bill!

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Multiple Myeloma is a tough one. Good luck to Bill. I hope he is able to do well.

A good friend of mine and fellow firefighter is battling this cancer, and is having a stem cell transplant in October. They have harvested his stem cells and are fortifying them to put them back in once they destroy his immune system.

Pray for him as well. One of the nicest guys on the Fire Dept.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Stem cell transplant is the most effective treatment. But for my sister she may have to go through a second one because the first treatment did not lower her markers enough. The stem cell transplant procedure is very tough and Bill would be out for many months recovering from it.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Stem cell transplant is the most effective treatment. But for my sister she may have to go through a second one because the first treatment did not lower her markers enough. The stem cell transplant procedure is very tough and Bill would be out for many months recovering from it.

Best wishes go out to your sister, EDM.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks Pete.

With the stem cel transplant they administer dose of chemo that literally would kill ur body. Then they reinsert your stem cells to restart ur entire body. It takes months to recover. It I zz curable cZncer. But the cure is very close to hell on earth. Bill has a real tough fight ahead of him.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Thanks Pete.

With the stem cel transplant they administer dose of chemo that literally would kill ur body. Then they reinsert your stem cells to restart ur entire body. It takes months to recover. It I zz curable cZncer. But the cure is very close to hell on earth. Bill has a real tough fight ahead of him.

Sounds rough, EDM. Here's to strength for your sister and you and your family.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Hate to hear this. Be strong Bill, and we'll see you when you are well.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Very sad news. I am sure everyone joins in to wish him well and also the strength to go through this difficult battle.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I know Bill and Bill knows me.... we are not close but troo fan/media related... I'm sick knowing this and pray to God you are ok... luv ya dude.. ):

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad