GDT: Biggest game of the season! Devils @ Canes

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Ryan had 2 shifts in OT and the Devils could’ve scored 3 or 4 times. If Francis doesn’t cut his ass Peters will just comtinue playing him. It’s a complete joke that guy is on the ice in any meaningful situation and I’ve been saying that since night f***ing one of the season when he embarrassed himself with no time left.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Not worth my time.

I mean, they may well come back and win this game, even. It doesn't matter. The team isn't talented enough to win anything worth winning.

The sad part is they I think they're playing as hard as they can. They're just not good enough.
Exactly correct, which is why I lay almost all of the fault with Francis and almost none with Peters. I said it a week and a half ago, it’s a damn miracle they’re basically 1 point out of the playoffs. They have Jordan Staal as their best C, and Derek Ryan playing on an important scoring line. A gosh darn miracle.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I mean, what can you say?

The team, as constituted, just has zero margin for error. They have to play the system to perfection, every night, to be competitive. It's just not realistic.

It's especially galling that we have talent in the org in Charlotte, and we absolutely refuse to explore the value of that talent.

Enjoy 8th for a couple of days. Maybe the Islanders and BJs will continue to suck worse than we do.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
this team is one of the best faceoff teams in the league
What do you mean with that?

Ryan should not take that faceoff ever in that situation. If it was on the other side of the ice, I might be okey with that, but it was his tougher side. This is OT, and Peters made a wrong call. There were at least 2 better options at that situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad