Anglesmiths GDT's.

Oh wait we are talking about players!

Ian White is the worst one for me.

Just kidding AS we love you!

852848.jpg

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Darryl Sutter not returning to the bench.

It always seemed like he had a vision of a team based on the players he grabbed, but his coaches never saw it the same way or had no idea how to execute his vision. I always wondered if we would have had a cup by now if he had hopped back on the bench instead of sticking to being our GM.

I've also wondered if Phaneuf would have developed properly if Sutter kept him in line/guided him. But IMO, there were too many players while Darryl was GM who were misused and busted as a result due to the idiots monitoring the pine.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Yeah, yeah, Lombardi’s concussions, I’ll give you that, but c’mon, Bourque? You want a consistent 20 goal guy? He scored at least 21 the three full years he was here. The year he was traded, he had 18.

Then, the only good thing he did after he left was that playoff in 2014. Other than that...

The numbers look good for Bourque, but you can't tell me this place didn't cry for him to be traded. He was one of the most frustrating players of the last decade because we all saw his talent, especially for his size, but he could never take that next step. He could have been a top power forward in the league.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
The numbers look good for Bourque, but you can't tell me this place didn't cry for him to be traded. He was one of the most frustrating players of the last decade because we all saw his talent, especially for his size, but he could never take that next step. He could have been a top power forward in the league.

We only started to cry for his trade when he started acting like a ****ing idiot and getting suspended. We were lucky to get what we got in Cammalleri and Ramo. But the years before that… man, that Bertuzzi-Langkow-Bourque, and later, the Glencross-Jokinen-Bourque lines were killer.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
We only started to cry for his trade when he started acting like a ****ing idiot and getting suspended. We were lucky to get what we got in Cammalleri and Ramo. But the years before that… man, that Bertuzzi-Langkow-Bourque, and later, the Glencross-Jokinen-Bourque lines were killer.

That's one thing I've always thought highly of regarding Glencross. The guy meshes well with anyone.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's like people don't know what disappointment means. A ****** playing being ****** is not disappointing, it's expected. A disappointing player would be someone who never performed as expected or never lived up to the hype.

Brad Stuart IMO was a bit of a disappointment, more so that we couldn't get him to re-sign after paying pretty big for him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To name a few that haven't been mentioned...

Blake Comeau, Brad Stuart, Mike Leclerc, Grant Fuhr, Jonas Hoglund, Zarley Zalapski.
Comeau did better than people expected of him, Leclerc never had the chance since he was hurt right away., Fuhr was already washed up, Hoglund was a draft pick so he doesn't count, Zalapski did really well when first acquired and the lockout season (38 points in 51 games) but fell off a cliff after that and never had another 30 point season (even in the minors or Europe)

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Comeau did better than people expected of him, Leclerc never had the chance since he was hurt right away., Fuhr was already washed up, Hoglund was a draft pick so he doesn't count, Zalapski did really well when first acquired and the lockout season (38 points in 51 games) but fell off a cliff after that and never had another 30 point season (even in the minors or Europe)
Blake "former 20 goal scorer" Comeau did not live up to expectations of the general populace.

The disappointment in Fuhr was acquiring him in the first place when they could have got Turek for the same price (3rd round pick)

Hoglund was a player actually, and was never was able to follow up on his rookie season performance, until several years later.

Zalapski falling off a cliff was disappointing, not sure how else to describe that.

Leclerc also failed to live up to expectations (occupying a roster spot wasn't even achieved) otherwise he would have been brought back after his injury instead of whatever actually did happen to him.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
In his time here, I'm going to say Savard. It sucks we traded him, but he was traded for a reason.

Besides conflicts with Greg Gilbert?

For me a disappointment was Roman Turek. After those two seasons in St. Louis I was really high on him, especially considering we had traded Stillman & Braithwaite for him and Conroy back then. He had a great start and then he signed that four-year deal after 14 or so games into the season and it just went downhill from there.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
The reason was he didn't get along with the coach...

...said coach being fired less than a week later.

For me a disappointment was Roman Turek. After those two seasons in St. Louis I was really high on him, especially considering we had traded Stillman & Braithwaite for him and Conroy back then. He had a great start and then he signed that four-year deal after 14 or so games into the season and it just went downhill from there.
Stillman/Conroy was a seperate trade, but Calgary did send a few highly touted prospects (Varlamov? and Tkaczuk) as well as fan fave Freddie. Like I said earlier, could've had him a couple years sooner for a single draft pick.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Besides conflicts with Greg Gilbert?

He had one above average season with us, but unfortunately he was known for being lazy and was not accountable here. It's to bad, you could see how much talent he had and see stretches that he looked like an allstar, but really how do you expect your entire roster to buy in when the guy on your topline isn't fully committing. I wasn't at all surprised to see him turn into a star though, it's just to bad he wasn't fully mature here.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
The reason was he didn't get along with the coach...

...said coach being fired less than a week later.

Stillman/Conroy was a seperate trade, but Calgary did send a few highly touted prospects (Varlamov? and Tkaczuk) as well as fan fave Freddie. Like I said earlier, could've had him a couple years sooner for a single draft pick.

Oh right, the Stillman/Conroy trade was a deadline trade, right? Or close to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad