OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, it is not perfect by a long shot, but the more I think about it after watching it last night the more I like it.

Supposedly there was a newspaper clipping saying an asteroid or meteor came down (and that was the start?).

My daughter has one of those Baha hearing amplifiers, not the same model as in the movie and she is not deaf, but it is funny because when she gets mad or does not like a sound or noise she too holds on to it and makes it 'squeal' so she doesn't have to hear or listen to what she doesn't like hahah.
I told wifey if these things ever come down and attack us, Florianna will save us all from a quick impaling doom =P

Hey, did you get a 'Signs' vibe to the whole movie?
And also, did you happen to see 'The Raid 1 & 2'???

In the corn maze yeah sort of got that feeling, also when he's standing and his kids are on the Silo, but otherwise, not as much. I felt Signs was more corny than anything, but this one was suspenseful all throughout.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
In the corn maze yeah sort of got that feeling, also when he's standing and his kids are on the Silo, but otherwise, not as much. I felt Signs was more corny than anything, but this one was suspenseful all throughout.
Yeah. Well at least you got the 'corny' pun out of Signs in your post so it's not a wash =]

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah. Well at least you got the 'corny' pun out of Signs in your post so it's not a wash =]
Haha, I didn't even notice I did that.

I felt like you could feel their terror when a noise was made, like you can genuinely feel they were scared for their life, that's good acting, good writing as well as you can feel the tension in every scene, the angst between the daughter blaming herself for the loss of her brother and that her father hated her for it too and all of this with very little to no dialogue outside of ASL here and there.

Also, I am unfamiliar with her device, what does that do exactly, it's not letting her hear right? It's amplifying something around her? Does it just pick up on ambient sounds and vibrate it kind of like a walking stick for the blind? Your daughter has one right, I'd love an explanation if you're cool with that?

Reactions: shoplifter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We can't have the ethnics thinking their doubleplusungood remonstrations are acceptable. I support Big Brother Goodell.

I don't like Goodell, but they need to take that drama away from the NFL. If they have issues, do it properly, organize, have 1 voice with many standing behind that one voice, then don't stop making yourself heard. None of this kneeling crap and making a scene, there is a better way.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I don't like Goodell, but they need to take that drama away from the NFL. If they have issues, do it properly, organize, have 1 voice with many standing behind that one voice, then don't stop making yourself heard. None of this kneeling crap and making a scene, there is a better way.

To be honest, I feel like the NFL wants this drama. Notice how the conversation has shifted from a tangible issue that matters (the health and safety of the players) to an intangible non-issue (people catching feelings when others express themselves).

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
To be honest, I feel like the NFL wants this drama. Notice how the conversation has shifted from a tangible issue that matters (the health and safety of the players) to an intangible non-issue (people catching feelings when others express themselves).

Ehhhh. There’s an argument to be made that it distracted from a few things but on a bigger level than the nfl. How this is looked back on will be interesting. It became about disrespecting the flag (an inanimate object that’s supposed to represent values as far as I’ve ever understood), anthem and the military. I’m not sure how the hell people were making that leap. The level of outrage says a lot, though.

People buy flag underwear but kneeling is disrespectful. Weird shit.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
In theory making a completely nonviolent scene on such a visible stage is pretty much the ideal way to get attention. But they needed to voice their reasoning better along with the kneeling, because once it got flipped to them disrespecting the flag/military it was just a circus.

PS: taking away someone's freedom to kneel because it disrepects a symbol of freedom is just hilariously stupid :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ehhhh. There’s an argument to be made that it distracted from a few things but on a bigger level than the nfl. How this is looked back on will be interesting. It became about disrespecting the flag (an inanimate object that’s supposed to represent values as far as I’ve ever understood), anthem and the military. I’m not sure how the hell people were making that leap. The level of outrage says a lot, though.

People buy flag underwear but kneeling is disrespectful. Weird ****.

People are making it about "disrespecting the flag" because it's a lot easier to shut that down than shutting down "minorities protesting police brutality". That's completely what it is, they're moving the goalposts so they don't look like racists for saying black athletes should just shut up. Let's not beat around the bush here, that's completely what it is.

I absolutely despise forced patriotism that comes with so many factors of living in the United States. This isn't the 1950s anymore, we aren't fighting a world war or we're not fighting communism. It's not even patriotism at this point, it's jingoism. What makes it even funnier is that the United States is actually pretty awful and has been in a decline for a while, it's baseless arrogance.

The Whitest Kids You Know did an amazing sketch on the pledge.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

People buy flag underwear but kneeling is disrespectful. Weird ****.

This image says everything:

zzypmujoegofwxs2rukr.jpg

Reactions: vabm8 and Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In theory making a completely nonviolent scene on such a visible stage is pretty much the ideal way to get attention. But they needed to voice their reasoning better along with the kneeling, because once it got flipped to them disrespecting the flag/military it was just a circus.

PS: taking away someone's freedom to kneel because it disrepects a symbol of freedom is just hilariously stupid :laugh:

Well that was the thing, they kneeled, then they didn't really speak up about it properly, just a lot of emotional crap without a lot of thought behind it. Get organized, bring some intelligence to it and watch shit actually get done properly. But they didn't, both sides reacted instead of understanding and it turned into a freaking zoo.

Also Kaepernick sucks, the notion he was just black balled is odd to me, maybe he was, but he was also kind of crappy.

Mind you, I am half black, a "POC" as it were, and even I felt it was embarrassing.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Haha, I didn't even notice I did that.

I felt like you could feel their terror when a noise was made, like you can genuinely feel they were scared for their life, that's good acting, good writing as well as you can feel the tension in every scene, the angst between the daughter blaming herself for the loss of her brother and that her father hated her for it too and all of this with very little to no dialogue outside of ASL here and there.

Also, I am unfamiliar with her device, what does that do exactly, it's not letting her hear right? It's amplifying something around her? Does it just pick up on ambient sounds and vibrate it kind of like a walking stick for the blind? Your daughter has one right, I'd love an explanation if you're cool with that?
Yeah, the daughter really pulled a bone-headed move giving him the toy. I mean, they all know the dangers so she was basically giving him a death wish!

I have no problem explaining it, but this site (below) will do a far better job than I could. My daughter is young so it's not attached to head she wears it like a head-band. It vibrates sounds off her skull. Amplifies them really, but if you touch it it makes that horrible shrieking sound. My daughter has the BAHA 4. The 5 is crap from what I hear.

Also, I put her baha on my head to see what how much you can hear and while there are tons of settings, outdoors, music, indoors, volume high or low etc so it can get to your own specific liking. Aside from the robot like amplification you can pick up such low sounds you wouldn't normally hear. My guess for that is because people who wear them are generally hard of hearing to some degree, not necessarily deaf so I could hear way more. It was like a hearing augment =]

Bone-anchored hearing aid - Wikipedia

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
People are making it about "disrespecting the flag" because it's a lot easier to shut that down than shutting down "minorities protesting police brutality". That's completely what it is, they're moving the goalposts so they don't look like racists for saying black athletes should just shut up. Let's not beat around the bush here, that's completely what it is.

I absolutely despise forced patriotism that comes with so many factors of living in the United States. This isn't the 1950s anymore, we aren't fighting a world war or we're not fighting communism. It's not even patriotism at this point, it's jingoism. What makes it even funnier is that the United States is actually pretty awful and has been in a decline for a while, it's baseless arrogance.

The Whitest Kids You Know did an amazing sketch on the pledge.

Yeah, I know why it was done but I don’t know how it wasn’t laughed into oblivion. I don’t know how that became the popular criticism.

Soldiers die for rights, beliefs, citizens (we’ll simplify here)
Citizens use rights to protest inequality respectfully
Disrespects soldiers

Or it’s placing an inanimate object’s worth over people’s. It’s insane that it caught on and embarrassing.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

The people offended will not let this die so easily I bet. Wait until players refuse to come and stand outside for the anthem. All hell will break loose again. Something will happen I just don't expect this to be swept under the rug so to speak.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The problem with drinking beer through a straw is that you're most likely drinking cheap beer through a straw, and the only purpose of cheap beer is for you to chug and get drunk off of it. No one actually likes the taste of beer like that.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad