Post-Game Talk: Big bad Bruins in the SENS Den, Thur. 7:30 pm on TSN

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I mean the marketing department (if there even is one anymore) is probably made up of Algonquin co-op students, so you get what you pay for.
Well you know the sens play in Ottawa don’t you? And they play hockey. Maybe the marketing department ain’t so bad after all - Dracula spelled backwards.

Sorry drac.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Boucher : Caracter, caracter, caracter, push, push, push, We lack the caracter of Stone-Pageau-Thompson..

Maybe he should talk about Skill when he is talking about Stone

Having a lot of caracter is not something difficult to acquire. It's skilled caracter player that is needed. They are way too focus on caracter and intangible.. When in reality it's when you have enough skilled player, that the intangible of these player became important.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I only saw a tweet this morning that it was Chris Neil night. I can't make it to the game tonight, but if I had a week or two notice, I might have been able to adjust things.

What the hell is up with this team? It's like they aren't even trying to sell tickets.

Back before I was married and had kids (meaning when I had money to spend) I was a flex 20, and for one wild year, a flex 40 ticket package holder. I still get calls from the Sens, and it's the same thing each time.

- "Hi Mr. Zorf, I'm (name) from the Ottawa Senators. Our records show that you used to have a Flex 20 ticket package. Any interest in renewing that?"

- "I can't afford that many games."

- "Ok, I understand. Bye!"

Why not take a minute and give me options? I still go to 2-3 games per year. Why not offer a 3 game ticket pack? I'm sure that's not too difficult to do. Toss in a voucher for a hotdog and drink with each ticket and I'm sure they'd get sales. Hell, I'd probably buy that. But nope. Just, "Ok, bye!" Why aren't they even trying? Who's teaching these people how to do their job? Because that person is a crap teacher.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I only saw a tweet this morning that it was Chris Neil night. I can't make it to the game tonight, but if I had a week or two notice, I might have been able to adjust things.

What the hell is up with this team? It's like they aren't even trying to sell tickets.

But people in here continue to blame the fans. The fans are the ones who deserve all the blame. Chris Neil is one of the longest tenured Ottawa Senators and deserves to be applauded and celebrated. Give fans a chance to know this event is coming.

Maybe even give fans at least a days notice. I would be embarrassed to announce something like this on the day of the game.

I wonder when Chris Neil found out?

Last edited:

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
But people in here continue to blame the fans. The fans are the ones who deserve all the blame. Chris Neil is one of the longest tenured Ottawa Senators and deserves to be applauded and celebrated. Give fans a chance to know this event is coming.

Maybe even give fans at least a days notice. I would be embarrassed to announce something like this on the day of the game.

I wonder when Chris Neil found out?

Okay, I lol'd. Ha.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
26994257_1624223587672613_594107536718557483_n.jpg

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
They certainly did a great "re tooling" in a short amount on time.

They had a great 2015 draft .... 3 firsts, 3 seconds a four more picks in the same draft.

Not really.

DeBrusk looks good right now, but nothing he has done at the WHL or AHL level suggests he'll be a star. Despite his hot start on a hot team, we're probably talking about a 40-50P 2nd line winger.

Zboril has been projecting terribly after getting drafted. His CHL production at 19 was barely better than his CHL production at 17 , and now he has 6P in 39GP at the AHL level. Probably projects as a bottom pairing D if he makes it at this point, with an outside shot at becoming a top 4 D.

Senyshyn has NHL tools but hasn't produced well at any level yet. With his size/speed/shot combo I have no doubt in my mind that he'll end up an NHLer, but he probably projects as a bottom 6er right now.

They found a top 4 D in Carlo, a future NHLer in JFK and a potential NHL D in Lauzon in the 2nd that year, but I don't think it's enough to outweigh the catastrophicly bad 1st they had.

We're talking about a team that could have (and should have) taken Connor, Barzal and Chabot/Boeser/Svechnikov.

If they had done that they'd be be a powerhouse for the next decade. Thank God they didn't.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
They certainly did a great "re tooling" in a short amount on time.

They had a great 2015 draft .... 3 firsts, 3 seconds a four more picks in the same draft.

Sorry if this is annoying or inappropriate and if so - mod please delete. Just took a look at your GDT to wish you luck and that I'm disappointed as I really wanted you guys in the playoffs over T.O.
but saw you talking about this...
It's more the culmination of three drafts in a row from '14 - '16 - Pastrnak, Heinen, Bjork in '14. Carlo, DeBrusk in '15. McAvoy in '16 are playing tonight. Not McAvoy but...
They still have 7 other kids in the minors or college taken in the 1st 2 rounds from those three years who are all trending well - Donato, Zboril, Senyshyn, Forsbaka-Karlsson, Lauzon, Frederics, Lindgren

Good luck. And no injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig