Post-Game Talk: Big bad Bruins in the SENS Den, Thur. 7:30 pm on TSN

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If we were to target Bennett, we`d certainly have to be the ones adding. Not sure Smith and a 3rd would do it, so were probably looking at something like Smith and prospect, maybe Gagne or Lajoie?

eww......I really don't want to move Lajoie. That kid has good potential to be an NHLer (maybe not a star, but a solid player in the league).

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He did it to Brass in the players during that infamous moment where there Brass was lazy on the puck, Andy had to come out to play it, and then we got scored on short handed as a result of it. They even did a TSN segment on it.

It's the kind of thing a leader can get away with if the perception is that he is busting his ass, giving it his all, etc and people respect his effort level. If there's ever a feeling that a person doing that is coasting or isn't buying in, that is the kind of thing that could become alienating. Especially in the playoffs with Karlsson in god mode, I assume it is mostly the former.
I only bring it up because it looked like he was yapping at Chabot because he skated the puck out of the offensive zone when he had 2 Bruins players in him.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
There won't be any parking, so you'll have to take the train or bus to your magical self-driving car. You'll long for the convenience of Kanata. The awkward downtown location will be blamed for poor attendance.
Oh you mean take other means of transportation besides a car like every major city of a G7 nation

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Just think about all the pressure that would be taken off of Karlsson if this team wins Dahlin.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Meh, we still went 3-3 in October to start the season.

Either way, Good L boys!

That's not that bad a record when 5 of those games were missing Karlsson, and the other was his first game back with zero training camp.

The reality is the team was playing fundamentally different prior to the slump, and the stats bare that out, here's a few key metrics, and our league wide rank for games up to the 2nd game in sweden, vs games after the trip:

MetricPre slumpPost Sweden
FA/6042.74 (10th)46.49 (27th)
FF%50.29% (11th)46.75% (27th)
GA/602.72 (23rd)3.02 (30th)
GF%52.17% (11th)39.17% (30th)
SCA/6026.85 (7th)31.26 (28th)
SCF%50% (14th)44.36% (31st)
HDCA/609.31 (3rd)11.8 (25th)
HDCF%51.08% (13th)42.89% (31st)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I used the trip to break things up, but going through the game log, I'd argue that a little later in November is when they really fell off.

The team started playing the season well, buying into Boucher's system, albeit with some hiccups here and there, but something changed shortly after the trade, and our scoring chances and high danger chances allowed per 60 really shot up.

Maybe the trade disrupted the locker room, maybe they just gave up hope after a prolonged scoring drought, maybe a losing streak caused the coach to lose the room, but for whatever reason, the defensive metrics went out the window.

We deserved to be where we were coming home from Sweden, on course for around a 100+ pts season, and we deserve to be where we are now, on course for last in the league.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's not that bad a record when 5 of those games were missing Karlsson, and the other was his first game back with zero training camp.

The reality is the team was playing fundamentally different prior to the slump, and the stats bare that out, here's a few key metrics, and our league wide rank for games up to the 2nd game in sweden, vs games after the trip:

MetricPre slumpPost Sweden
FA/6042.74 (10th)46.49 (27th)
FF%50.29% (11th)46.75% (27th)
GA/602.72 (23rd)3.02 (30th)
GF%52.17% (11th)39.17% (30th)
SCA/6026.85 (7th)31.26 (28th)
SCF%50% (14th)44.36% (31st)
HDCA/609.31 (3rd)11.8 (25th)
HDCF%51.08% (13th)42.89% (31st)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I used the trip to break things up, but going through the game log, I'd argue that a little later in November is when they really fell off.

The team started playing the season well, buying into Boucher's system, albeit with some hiccups here and there, but something changed shortly after the trade, and our scoring chances and high danger chances allowed per 60 really shot up.

Maybe the trade disrupted the locker room, maybe they just gave up hope after a prolonged scoring drought, maybe a losing streak caused the coach to lose the room, but for whatever reason, the defensive metrics went out the window.

We deserved to be where we were coming home from Sweden, on course for around a 100+ pts season, and we deserve to be where we are now, on course for last in the league.
It’s crazy how little separates “hmm not bad” and “oh em gee this is a disaster”

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Anyone know in advance that Chris Neil would be honored tonight?? Is this something they made up on the fly? Maybe if fans had a few days notice, it would help with ticket sales.

Bravo Sens marketing!! :huh:

I think you're correct on this, the first I heard was yesterday, that Neil would be Honoured (last night).

I thought it would happen before the game............. but it was done, on the stairs, in a TV time out.............

I really hope he's really Honoured, for real, by having his name added to the "Ring of Honour" or even having his Number retired(??)

Maybe that's the way he wanted it (last night) but I expected a little more.

BTW, we Honour in Canada ..... they Honor in the USA........ just saying.

Reactions: Chezzz

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Seriously. He was the piece that Vegas was after... and we valued him so highly we were willing to lose Methot. His decline is really surprising - he looked the real deal last spring. I'm not surprised that much of the roster has fallen off or coming back to earth (you knew Smith's shooting pct. wasn't for real, Pageau isn't gonna get 7 shorties every year, Ryan will be Ryan,, Andy was due for the off year...), but I was comfortable with placing value on Claesson.

Hummmm, if Claesson was who "Vegas was after", then why did they not select him?

Ottawa only projected three D men, and he was not one of them.

Here is the list of un-protected D men that Vegas had available to choose from.

Mark Borowiecki
Fredrik Claesson
Brandon Gormley
Jyrki Jokipakka
Marc Methot
Patrick Sieloff
Chris Wideman
Mikael Wikstrand

So I'm wondering what you're getting at, when you say" we valued him so highly we were willing to lose Methot" .......... to me, it sounds like you think he was on the protected list, and that's why Methot was selected instead????

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Just think about all the pressure that would be taken off of Karlsson if this team wins Dahlin.

I think it's Chabot who can "take pressure of Karlsson" is the near future, once he cleans up a few of his bad habits.

I think as the season winds down, we'll see more of Chabot on the PP, than we're seeing now.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
So this is pure conjecture on my part. But is it possible Neil agreed to do the interview and then they sprung Chris Neil Night on him as a marketing ploy, and he didn't really want to do it?

"Ok guys I'm coming to the game I'll say hi to the fans in the stands fine, but thats it."

As a guy that hates suits btw, that jacket was killer.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Hummmm, if Claesson was who "Vegas was after", then why did they not select him?

Ottawa only projected three D men, and he was not one of them.

Here is the list of un-protected D men that Vegas had available to choose from.

Mark Borowiecki
Fredrik Claesson
Brandon Gormley
Jyrki Jokipakka
Marc Methot
Patrick Sieloff
Chris Wideman
Mikael Wikstrand

So I'm wondering what you're getting at, when you say" we valued him so highly we were willing to lose Methot" .......... to me, it sounds like you think he was on the protected list, and that's why Methot was selected instead????
You are right

I think he was refering to Smith but Im not sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad