Post-Game Talk: Big bad Bruins in the SENS Den, Thur. 7:30 pm on TSN

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Last game until the All-Star break! :popcorn:(Too bad STONE ain't invited) :huh:

BOS0125-CTC-SensEventImages-1200x500.jpg

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Bruins are a model franchise. Might be the best team in the NHL right now.

Is Duch an elite LW but not an elite C?

They certainly did a great "re tooling" in a short amount on time.

They had a great 2015 draft .... 3 firsts, 3 seconds a four more picks in the same draft.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

They had a great 2015 draft .... 3 firsts, 3 seconds a four more picks in the same draft.

Us and the rest of the Atlantic are lucky they didn't snag Barzal with one of those 3 firsts. Crazy to image how good they'd right now and going forward with him in the mix.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

1st rd:
13. Zboril LD - this was suppose to be a good pick (wait & see)
14. DeBrusk LW - most thought was a bad choice at that spot (I like Debrusk)
15. Senyshyn RW - another bad choice it was said at that spot (wait & see)

Isn't that the draft yr where, if I remember correctly, the majority on here were ripping Boston for their picks. I also remember people saying that Zboril was better than Chabot but so far it looks like the reverse is true. I believe only DeBrusk & Carlo have made it to the NHL so far from that draft, is that correct? Few others are playing for Providence. Seems like a lot of good & some better players came after those picks in the first rd, like every draft in hindsight.

That's the yr Ottawa got Chabot & White in the 1st rd, Gagne & Chlapik in the 2nd rd, Wolanin & Ahl in the 4th, Jaros in the 5th & Daccord in the 7th. Not a bad haul for Ottawa that yr & I would argue a better haul than what Boston got overall. Four guys who have all already played in Ottawa, Gagné I assume will eventually get some games this yr & Wolanin is having an outstanding yr in college. Not bad at all.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fair to assume that we will continue our run of facing every team's backup goaltender. Boston will play their backup, be down their best forward, and will still beat us 5-1. God this is painful...

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Fair to assume that we will continue our run of facing every team's backup goaltender. Boston will play their backup, be down their best forward, and will still beat us 5-1. God this is painful...

I’d bet on Rask with the upcoming all star break. Also I’d hardly call Hutton the back up right now, he’s their go to atm.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
At this point I want to see an Anti-Hamburglar run. Let's go 0-20-3 over the next couple months!

That was a bit of a joke, but it sadly doesn't even seem that far fetched. Tank Commander Boucher has all guns locked and loaded and pointing directly at the basement of the league.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

They had plenty of picks but they didn't exactly hit it out of the park. In fact I'd say that they kind of pooched that draft up. They had 3 picks in a row and went off the board to pick Senyshyn and DeBrusk. Also reached a little to pick Zboril. They made these picks while leaving Kyle Connor, Boeser, Barzal, Chabot and Konecny on the board. Had they taken Barzal, Boeser and Chabot instead they'd likely dominate the division for the next 5-8 years.

Us and the rest of the Atlantic are lucky they didn't snag Barzal with one of those 3 firsts. Crazy to image how good they'd right now and going forward with him in the mix.

Kind of this.

1st rd:
13. Zboril LD - this was suppose to be a good pick (wait & see)
14. DeBrusk LW - most thought was a bad choice at that spot (I like Debrusk)
15. Senyshyn RW - another bad choice it was said at that spot (wait & see)

Isn't that the draft yr where, if I remember correctly, the majority on here were ripping Boston for their picks. I also remember people saying that Zboril was better than Chabot but so far it looks like the reverse is true. I believe only DeBrusk & Carlo have made it to the NHL so far from that draft, is that correct? Few others are playing for Providence. Seems like a lot of good & some better players came after those picks in the first rd, like every draft in hindsight.

That's the yr Ottawa got Chabot & White in the 1st rd, Gagne & Chlapik in the 2nd rd, Wolanin & Ahl in the 4th, Jaros in the 5th & Daccord in the 7th. Not a bad haul for Ottawa that yr & I would argue a better haul than what Boston got overall. Four guys who have all already played in Ottawa, Gagné I assume will eventually get some games this yr & Wolanin is having an outstanding yr in college. Not bad at all.

Pretty much all of this. I'll take Ottawa's haul that year just fine thank you.

Boston did a very mediocre job that year with tons of opportunity.

Having a great year though.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Anyone know in advance that Chris Neil would be honored tonight?? Is this something they made up on the fly? Maybe if fans had a few days notice, it would help with ticket sales.

Bravo Sens marketing!! :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad