NCAA: Big 12 to interview 17 schools for expansion

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
It's all about the Longhorn Network killing the conference. For teams that aren't Texas/Oklahoma/Ok State it's crucial to have TV money to be able to keep up with the monetary arms race. The Longhorn Network kills any chance of a B12 tv deal, would not surprise me to see some teams start looking to bail over the next few years.

Texas has been toxic for a long time, there's a reason four teams bailed on the B12. Teams like Iowa State and Kansas would love to be gone as well, it's just that they don't really have anywhere to go if they want to stay in a P5 conference.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's all about the Longhorn Network killing the conference. For teams that aren't Texas/Oklahoma/Ok State it's crucial to have TV money to be able to keep up with the monetary arms race. The Longhorn Network kills any chance of a B12 tv deal, would not surprise me to see some teams start looking to bail over the next few years.

Texas has been toxic for a long time, there's a reason four teams bailed on the B12. Teams like Iowa State and Kansas would love to be gone as well, it's just that they don't really have anywhere to go if they want to stay in a P5 conference.

The LHN is why I wanted no part of Texas for the Pac-12 when there were rumors of a 16 team superconference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad