Status
Not open for further replies.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Evilo said:
I'm not sure about that.
Orpik is a hitting machine, Whitney has been great in his first pro season, Welch is the best defenseman in college, Goligoski might be second, and Lannon one of the steadiest, Bolf and Bissonnette are both impressive in the OHL, Sersenand Letang in the Q, Fernholm, Lupaschuk and Nemec overseas...
Seems like a very complete, deep, and productive group to me...
Nashville's pretty good, I'm not saying the contrary, but the Pens' group is IMO deeper and with just as good at the top.

Doubt Welch is the best college player and doubt even further more that Goli is 2nd. Carle has the beat.

fr4ed2384

Jul 30, 2005
Goli isn't in the group with Welch and Carle .
Welch is good but he is a Senior ,

Carle is a SOPHMORE
and is the best D on the 2x NCAA champions and considered the leading Dman for the 06 Hobie Baker best college player as a Junior , AHCA West first team and West, Dman of the Year 05 , Inside College Dman of the year 05 ,
Not to mention:-- 2005 Frozen Four All-Tournament Team • Inside College Hockey All-American First-Team honors • CCM West All-American First Team • 2005 NCAA Northeast Regional All-Tournament Team • All-USCHO First Team honors • All-WCHA First Team • recipient of the Keith Magnuson Memorial Award as Denver's Best Defensive Player
Not to mention: awarded 2002-03 USHL Defenseman of the Year and was named to the All-USHL first team and Rookie team as a ROOKIE•
two seasons the U.S. National Team Development Program • U.S. Under-18 gold medal Team in 2002 Under-18 Championships • • 2000-01 U-17 World Champion U.S. National U-17 Team

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
I really love the Blackhawks young defense:

Cam Barker
Anton Babchuck
Brent Seabrooke
Michael Barinka
James Wisniewski
Duncan Keith

will seabrook be an offensive dynamo? how does he compare to weber?

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
Man, I've always been amazed by your bias with Penguins, but this list may be one of the worst I've ever seen on these boards.

Either you're joking, or you're the worst homer ever. Ever.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sykie said:
Man, I've always been amazed by your bias with Penguins, but this list may be one of the worst I've ever seen on these boards.

Either you're joking, or you're the worst homer ever. Ever.
Thanks for showing me the light.
I'll work on it.
Promised.

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Evilo said:
I'll work on it.
Promised.

Why don't you explain why Fernholm is ranked above Klein? And also why Nemec is ranked above Parent?

What do you see their upsides being, as compared with Klein and Parent?

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
Evilo said:
I'll work on it.
Promised.

Okay I was harsh... but come on... please take a serious look again at your list :

1- Suter
2- Whitney
3- Welch
4- Weber
5- Goligoski
6- Fernholm
7- Klein
8- Nemec
9- Parent
10- Bissonnette

Weber at 4th ? Shea Weber is on par with Ryan Whitney. You can make a case either way, I personally would take Weber with no hesitation, and I can live if you prefer Whitney... but there is no way Weber is 4th.

Ryan Parent, Kevin Klein and Noah Welch are more or less of equal value. They should serve as solid top-4 D, and all three have a promissing NHL career ahead. Welch is 3rd, Parent is 9th ? This can't be serious.

You didn't even care to mention Teemu Laakso. This is absolutly brutal when you name Bissonnette or Nemec in the top-ten. Laakso is arguably on par with Fernholm, who is 6th on your list. Actually both have comparable profiles since both had injury troubles and felt in the draft, but both have talent to be a top-4 D one day and I see no serious reason to put Fernholm at 6th while Laakso isn't even here.

And if Bissonnette and Nemec are in the list, you can make a case Kulyash or Sulzer should be here too. Yet you even achieve to put Nemec above Parent... :shakehead

In short, I hate being so harsh, but your list is just horrible. You seriously have a huge, huge homerism problem...

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Sykie said:
Okay I was harsh... but come on... please take a serious look again at your list :

1- Suter
2- Whitney
3- Welch
4- Weber
5- Goligoski
6- Fernholm
7- Klein
8- Nemec
9- Parent
10- Bissonnette

Weber at 4th ? Shea Weber is on par with Ryan Whitney. You can make a case either way, I personally would take Weber with no hesitation, and I can live if you prefer Whitney... but there is no way Weber is 4th.

Ryan Parent, Kevin Klein and Noah Welch are more or less of equal value. They should serve as solid top-4 D, and all three have a promissing NHL career ahead. Welch is 3rd, Parent is 9th ? This can't be serious.

You didn't even care to mention Teemu Laakso. This is absolutly brutal when you name Bissonnette or Nemec in the top-ten. Laakso is arguably on par with Fernholm, who is 6th on your list. Actually both have comparable profiles since both had injury troubles and felt in the draft, but both have talent to be a top-4 D one day and I see no serious reason to put Fernholm at 6th while Laakso isn't even here.

And if Bissonnette and Nemec are in the list, you can make a case Kulyash or Sulzer should be here too. Yet you even achieve to put Nemec above Parent... :shakehead

In short, I hate being so harsh, but your list is just horrible. You seriously have a huge, huge homerism problem...

ya think?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Nashville moved ahead of Chicago IMO this year by adding Parent. He is a very solid bet to be good at the NHL level. Before this, i though Chicago and Nashville were equal, but this puts nashville over the top.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Chicago already had enough good dman in the system. They didn't need another at 7 overall. I'm more than thrilled with Skille and wouldn't trade him for Brian Lee or another other dman at this point in time.

Nashville can stock pile all the dman they want. Chicago needed some forwards and got 5 pretty good ones in 05.

No one ever mentions Duncan Keith. He's the odds on favourite for the Hawks #6 this year. I guess he's Hawk fans little secret.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Evilo said:
But he was a freshman.

So? he still wasn't the "second best defenseman in college" like was claimed.

don't make stupid claims if you can't even stick to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad