Best seats in MTS Centre

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Sat there several times. Like the proximity to the action. When play is on your side in corners can be hard to see depending what the row is. If its first row you may find coaches and players hinder your view at times. Depending on your situation, if you are looking for lower bowl tickets I would be willing to trade what I think are the best P3 tickets, depending on where these seats are. I know a bunch of people in this section. PM me and we can discuss if you like!

Thanks, have some thinking to do!

jimsabo21

Jul 2, 2011
Having been both a Moose and Jets season seat holder who attends 35+ games per year, I feel like few people have spent more time watching hockey at the MTS Centre as I have (aside from Dancing Gabe).

Let me preface my comments by saying "best seats in the house" is 99% subjective. Some love to "feel the game" therefore need to sit up close, others need to "watch the play develop" which means they likely prefer higher seats.

I consider myself a "need to see the play develop" type of guy - so I'm throwing my own personal bias out in the open.

My old Moose seats were in Sec 219, Row 4. Essentially, this is near centre ice, 3 rows beneath the Suite Level. This is a great vantage point; however, like most lower bowl seats between the goal lines, you miss 4-6 feet along the near side boards. That said, I much prefer the 200 level than the 100 level. The 100 level is a very neat and unique experience; however, I can't imagine doing that 40 times per year. I find I miss so much of the game down there. The lower the row, the less of the game you actually see.

My original Jets seats were in P5s (between the blue lines upper deck). When you're talking "bang for your buck" - I find these seats to be amazing. For the most part, you get the TV vantage point, and you don't miss a thing. The only drawback for me was lots of heads in the way when people leaned.

I now have a corner loge. The leg room, seat comfort, bar ledge and view are all amazing. Of course, you're paying a HEFTY price for the privilege, so certainly not for everyone.

Too me, the WORST value at MTS Centre are:

1) Budweiser lounge - Most expensive seats, yet are perhaps the worst vantage point in lower bowl (non-attack zone, behind the net)

2) 100 Level P2 Seats non attack zone (Sec 120 and Sec 104) - you miss half the action at the other end of the ice.

BEST Value:

1) P5 between the blue lines - $70 and you see the entire game no problem

2) 200 level P2s (218, 219, 205, 206) - hefty price tag, but a MUCH better vantage point than most P1 seats

3) 200 level P3s attack zone (217 and 207) - again, better vantage point than most P1 seats

FLAT OUT BEST SEATS?

Pretty much anything in loge. Best vantage point, nobody in front of you, by far the most comfortable. The absolute best would be centre ice loge in my opinion.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Yup, I personally feel pretty much the same as what jimsabo21 said above.
Our path to our current Jets seats is similar as well (P5 to loge)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not sure if this helps but I was in 117 for the 1st 5 seasons. It may depend on the row that you are in. In 117, I could not see very well along the boards in the Jets end or in one corner.

As for the best seats in MTSC. These would be my preference with no price considerations. Obviously the suites facing the benches but......

1. Loge - facing the team benches from centre ice to the visiting net. Lot of leg room no one in front. Have actually not had the pleasure of sitting here yet.

2. Lower bowl - 100's facing the team benches from the centre ice line to the visiting goal line. Best to be in the last row of the lower bowl (100's) on the aisle. Not the side of the aisle where a railing can block your view.

3. Lower bowl - 200's facing the team benches from the centre ice line to the visiting goal line. Best to be in the first row or top row or the aisle if available.

Of course if you want to watch the Jets defend for 2 periods you would want seats in the Jets end.

I had been scouting out seats at the MTSC in the spring of 2011 anticipating the Jets return. I really liked last row in 200's and anywhere in the 200's from centre to visiting goal line facing the team benches. Preferred aisle but not if railing could block views.

When Jets tickets went on sale I went 100's as I just figured that tickets in the 200's would be harder to get than the 100's. I ended up in Jets attack zone for 2 periods, facing the team benches, aisle with no railing blockage close to the goal line. There are better seats in MTSC but for my price point at P3 I have been pretty pleased. I preferred these seats to the P2 in 117.

As for the mesh, initially I believed it was going to be a big problem but don't notice it at all now. I think Florida has a clear mesh which could be a nice future upgrade for those who are bothered by it.

Still just glad to have STs and NHL hockey to watch October to the 1st week of April.

Having been both a Moose and Jets season seat holder who attends 35+ games per year, I feel like few people have spent more time watching hockey at the MTS Centre as I have (aside from Dancing Gabe).

Let me preface my comments by saying "best seats in the house" is 99% subjective. Some love to "feel the game" therefore need to sit up close, others need to "watch the play develop" which means they likely prefer higher seats.

I consider myself a "need to see the play develop" type of guy - so I'm throwing my own personal bias out in the open.

My old Moose seats were in Sec 219, Row 4. Essentially, this is near centre ice, 3 rows beneath the Suite Level. This is a great vantage point; however, like most lower bowl seats between the goal lines, you miss 4-6 feet along the near side boards. That said, I much prefer the 200 level than the 100 level. The 100 level is a very neat and unique experience; however, I can't imagine doing that 40 times per year. I find I miss so much of the game down there. The lower the row, the less of the game you actually see.

My original Jets seats were in P5s (between the blue lines upper deck). When you're talking "bang for your buck" - I find these seats to be amazing. For the most part, you get the TV vantage point, and you don't miss a thing. The only drawback for me was lots of heads in the way when people leaned.

I now have a corner loge. The leg room, seat comfort, bar ledge and view are all amazing. Of course, you're paying a HEFTY price for the privilege, so certainly not for everyone.

Too me, the WORST value at MTS Centre are:

1) Budweiser lounge - Most expensive seats, yet are perhaps the worst vantage point in lower bowl (non-attack zone, behind the net)

2) 100 Level P2 Seats non attack zone (Sec 120 and Sec 104) - you miss half the action at the other end of the ice.

BEST Value:

1) P5 between the blue lines - $70 and you see the entire game no problem

2) 200 level P2s (218, 219, 205, 206) - hefty price tag, but a MUCH better vantage point than most P1 seats

3) 200 level P3s attack zone (217 and 207) - again, better vantage point than most P1 seats

FLAT OUT BEST SEATS?

Pretty much anything in loge. Best vantage point, nobody in front of you, by far the most comfortable. The absolute best would be centre ice loge in my opinion.

Top notch reviews boys! :handclap::handclap:

I noticed neither of you commented on Suites?

On a side note I think I will attempt to take in a game next season in the loge seats. My guess is I would enjoy it.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Top notch reviews boys! :handclap::handclap:

I noticed neither of you commented on Suites?

On a side note I think I will attempt to take in a game next season in the loge seats. My guess is I would enjoy it.

Look closely.:)

As for the best seats in MTSC. These would be my preference with no price considerations. Obviously the suites facing the benches but.....

I recently went to a Moose game with a party of 8 including 5 kids, with 3 of the kids 7 and under. Somehow my seats were double ticketed. We were moved to the wheelchair area in the Moose end until they could find a more permanent solution. The permanent solution was the Budweiser Club. The kids had so much room to run around in the wheelchair area and no one with a wheelchair arrived so the MTSC staff said we could stay where we were. My kids loved it way more than the Jets game the week before when they were confined to their seats. This would lead me to believe that the suites are in fact the best seats in MTSC followed by loge.

One thing I have noticed is that I enjoy the game much more facing the team benches rather than sitting behind the benches.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
{snip}

One thing I have noticed is that I enjoy the game much more facing the team benches rather than sitting behind the benches.

Now that's interesting.

My seats are facing the player benches so the view I get resembles the view I get on TV; no surprise since the TSN, CBC, etc cameras are right behind us. I figured that I would have enjoyed being on the other side as a change of pace.

What do you find preferable about the tv camera side?

m.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Now that's interesting.

My seats are facing the player benches so the view I get resembles the view I get on TV; no surprise since the TSN, CBC, etc cameras are right behind us. I figured that I would have enjoyed being on the other side as a change of pace.

m.

When I originally chose my seats way back when I had the option of picking in 319 or 307, All I wanted was to be in the end Jets shoot twice. I didn't really think about facing the benches or not. I did think that maybe sitting underneath the new press boxes they were building at the time would make you feel a bit more enclosed but I don't really know if that's the case or not. Overall I am happy with 319.

I also get a chunk of my seats changed to wheelchair seating and as was mentioned before, there is a lot of room there. They could easily fit another 4 or so seats in each section depending on how many wheelchairs are actually there.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Now that's interesting.

m.

Seeing who is on the bench and who is not with injuries. Coaches addressing players. Seeing who is riding the pine. On the fly line changes. Patty Roy freaking out. Bryzgalov hiding his face. Endless additions to the in game experience. Exactly why cameras face the benches. Players grimacing in pain.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Has anyone that's been offered new seats in a relocation had the opportunity to go and view them first?

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Whereabouts was the Loge you were in?

I'm guessing one of two main single game loge sections, unless he has a good friend. one is at the blue line behind the Jets bench. the other is in the southeast corner. Both have 6 seats up for grabs. if you ever have upper bowl tickets and get the 'upgrade your seats' email, you will be moved into one of those two sections most likely. I think there may be a third single game loge section in the northeast, but I'm not certain about that.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
We're in the first row of section 329 and prior to this season, the only seats I would have traded for were the ones on the exact opposite side so that we have the attacking zone twice. This year however, I've been a bit pissed off, as the loge seats below us have been obstructing our view of the net because the people just will not stop leaning on the ledge. :rant:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I'm guessing one of two main single game loge sections, unless he has a good friend. one is at the blue line behind the Jets bench. the other is in the southeast corner. Both have 6 seats up for grabs. if you ever have upper bowl tickets and get the 'upgrade your seats' email, you will be moved into one of those two sections most likely. I think there may be a third single game loge section in the northeast, but I'm not certain about that.

I wonder if they purposefully left those loges empty, or if there weren't enough people willing/able to increase their costs from the front of the 300's to upgrade.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if they purposefully left those loges empty, or if there weren't enough people willing/able to increase their costs from the front of the 300's to upgrade.

They must have been left open on purpose. They could've easily sold them to someone on the waiting list. I don't even think they asked all existing STHs.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I was just wondering because like I can't think of another name other than MTS Centre if the naming rights expires.

Personally, I would like to see Investors Group also get the naming rights to the arena. Imagine the ensuing hilarity when droves of people head off to the wrong venue for events. I would probably pee myself. :laugh:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Maybe Rogers will try and get the naming rights as it seems they're trying to take over Canada (12 year contract, Rogers Centre, Rogers Place, Rogers Arena) :sarcasm:

Rogers Coliseum

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
Personally, I would like to see Investors Group also get the naming rights to the arena. Imagine the ensuing hilarity when droves of people head off to the wrong venue for events. I would probably pee myself. :laugh:

MTS will never let up on the Arena. It's their turf they know theirs a good chance another telecom company would move in on the naming rights. And with Rogers set up shop right beside the MTSC theres a good chance of "rogers gardens" becoming a reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad