Best seats in MTS Centre

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Just wondering which section and row number everyone would consider as the "best seats in the house". Assume that the cost is not a factor in the decision - for example, pretend you won a contest that allowed you to have free season tickets in any section and row. What would you choose?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd take loge seating centre ice

No cost implications? I would choose the same.

For myself, I get seats in 319 at the very last row (guys at work have are STHs and sell me several games each season), and they are awesome! I know it's the last row of seats in the barn, but I think they are some of the best in the 300's.

I can stand / lean all game if I want and I don't block anyone's view. I can put my coat or other items behind my seats and they don't get in anyone's way. The view of the ice is still really good from up there. Bonus: They're some of the cheapest seats in the house.

boanst

May 25, 2013

For myself, I get seats in 319 at the very last row (guys at work have are STHs and sell me several games each season), and they are awesome! I know it's the last row of seats in the barn, but I think they are some of the best in the 300's.

I can stand / lean all game if I want and I don't block anyone's view. I can put my coat or other items behind my seats and they don't get in anyone's way. The view of the ice is still really good from up there. Bonus: They're some of the cheapest seats in the house.

I am STH for top row in 313 and I agree with this 100%.

313 is right behind the visitor's net so my view is almost directly head-on. Also known as the "NHL 94 viewing position".

Cost aside, i would agree with either loge at red line or the last 200's row below.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't attend games live so really don't know but I would think that bothering your neighbours would be almost as bad as being bothered by them. I've seen statements here that people in the loges who lean forward block the views of those behind. I would find that very uncomfortable. The same applies to certain other seats. That would be a big factor for me.

Aside: I attended a couple of games in the old 'Fabulous Forum' in Inglewood, California. We had 'poor' seats up in a corner. The sightlines were tremendous. We could see the entire ice surface. We could lean forward or back without bothering anyone. There was plenty of legroom. The seats were wide with plenty of shoulder and hip room too. Looking around the building I didn't see a bad seat in the place. Of course that building probably had a footprint 1.5 or more times that of the MTSC.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have seats in row 1 of section 209. I love having the rail there, drink holder up high, extra leg room, and even when people stand up in the 100s section your sight lines don't get blocked at all. Sitting in 100s is good and all but I find that too much of the rink is blocked by the boards/people. I've never sat in Section 206 or 205 row 1, but I imagine those are some of the best seats in the house. Also Loge centre ice would be pretty slick I imagine. Also sat in the True North box for the last moose game, view lines from there are awesome (box centre ice, right next to the cameras).

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
No cost issues.... I would go back to where I sat for the Moose. Section 111 Row 1. Just loved those seats.

For now though... I used to have some of the best seats...:cry:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I've done upper deck front row center ice and I prefer the 200 section angle of viewing. My first choice during seat selection in 2011 was 200 section, center ice, leaning on the rail over the tunnel entrance.

Ended up with my second choice. Same seats, one section over.

m.

CaptainKirk316

Feb 8, 2014
Winnipeg
No cost issues.... I would go back to where I sat for the Moose. Section 111 Row 1. Just loved those seats.

For now though... I used to have some of the best seats...:cry:

I sit in Row 1 Section 112 for the moose the "seats" are the worst seats in the house.. rock solid no padding and very narrow.. but they are my favorite place to watch the game from!

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Another vote for first row of 200's. I'd sit any 200 section in the entire rink with those seats.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Another vote for first row of 200's. I'd sit any 200 section in the entire rink with those seats.

Our group of businesses have some seats in a few different locations. All have pros and cons. I have just taken over a share of a 3 person loge just above suite 41. Can anyone tell me how the view and game experience is from these Loges. I usually sit row 109 row 10 and love it there.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I've always been partial to corner seats for the sightlinesin the 300s.

Got back row 100s at center ice for a jets playoff game and it was pretty slick as well.

I'd wager center ice lodges are probably awesome

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
If anyone has sat in Loge seats please let us know what type of game experience you had. From the view to the feel and atmosphere right down to the comfort.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I've always been partial to corner seats for the sightlinesin the 300s.

Got back row 100s at center ice for a jets playoff game and it was pretty slick as well.

I'd wager center ice lodges are probably awesome

:nod: "Scouting seats"... corner, high enough up. Corner loge seats would probably be ace.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I've sat in higher rows in the lower bowl and lower rows in the upper deck and in both I like how you can see the plays unfold. For those people who said they like the first few rows, do you miss that part of the game?

JetsHockeyHero

Sep 20, 2014
Portage
I have loge seats centre ice, and to me there's nothing better. I previously had seats in the 12th row section 321. Like others have said you could stand lean all you want, but now that I'm in the loge there's no comparison. The elbow room, the comfort of the seats and ample leg room made the upgrade all worth it, no to mention not having to climb over top of people to get into and out of my seats.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
wpg-jets-obstructed.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

This one.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
wpg-jets-obstructed.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

This one.

I was just gonna say, not the seats we just gave up to relocate, some poor schmuck is gonna get our seats and get that view, but ours was slightly worse of the far end but close enough to that pic. Too bad cause it was second row upper deck and good before LOGE and now we had to relocate to row 5 in a different section but at least I can see the whole ice.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013

Yep... same as me STH in 325

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Scouts must choose the corners for a reason. Even the late, great, Don Baizley chose seats in 115 row 10. He had Moose tickets since day 1 I'm sure he was one of the first to pick.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I was just gonna say, not the seats we just gave up to relocate, some poor schmuck is gonna get our seats and get that view, but ours was slightly worse of the far end but close enough to that pic. Too bad cause it was second row upper deck and good before LOGE and now we had to relocate to row 5 in a different section but at least I can see the whole ice.

Just wondering when you relocated. I'm second row 300s and I have been asking to relocate forever and I'm just getting ignored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad