Best seats in MTS Centre

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
I was just gonna say, not the seats we just gave up to relocate, some poor schmuck is gonna get our seats and get that view, but ours was slightly worse of the far end but close enough to that pic. Too bad cause it was second row upper deck and good before LOGE and now we had to relocate to row 5 in a different section but at least I can see the whole ice.

Those look exactly like the seats I relocated from. I'm glad we did. Sec 304 Row 2, close to the aisle. Here they are...
picture.php

Great seats really, quick to get in and out, no stair running, close to concessions & washroom, just the obstruction is annoying. Made worse by the loge addition but, from what I can tell, they'll be back to their old form after they remove the extra rails. Still not the greatest in terms of obstruction, however but it was worth it for the 1st years to be in the building and get in on the loge seats.

Having the loge this year has been great. Worth going to less games, quality > quantity, IMHO. The unobstructed view is one thing, no body in front of you. I've always known that the loge was going to be better, in terms of view and room but I had a chance to compare 5 days apart with a seat in Sec 118 (P1). Man, the elbow and leg room is in an entire different league! Let's put it this way... I never ever have to touch the person next to me and I can roll back my chair to cross my legs at intermission or during a break in the play.

Sometimes I look down into the lower bowl at intermission and feel for the people lining up the stairs to get to the concourse from their seats. From the loge, I can leave my seat at anytime, not have to walk in front of anyone and get to the concourse in seconds. No line up in the stairs (going up or down). As an added bonus, we're at "the end" of our loge so nobody ever walks behind us either.

I've had the add opportunity to win a Box for the Detroit game between X-Mas and New Years, those were great seats as well. I could get use to that but if you think the loge is expensive... :amazed::amazed::amazed:

However having said all of that, the dollar to value is there if the loge is your regular seat. But if you're a casual game goer pickup face value tickets, I'd pickup some in the last row of the 200s anywhere around the arena, even in the corners. Really really neat view from those seats, similar to the box seats! :handclap:

jetsjetsjets

Jan 11, 2016
No cost implications? I would choose the same.

For myself, I get seats in 319 at the very last row (guys at work have are STHs and sell me several games each season), and they are awesome! I know it's the last row of seats in the barn, but I think they are some of the best in the 300's.

I can stand / lean all game if I want and I don't block anyone's view. I can put my coat or other items behind my seats and they don't get in anyone's way. The view of the ice is still really good from up there. Bonus: They're some of the cheapest seats in the house.

Agree. Last row anywhere between the blue lines is great.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
We have seats in 202 and 204 and I'd say that the 202 seats have a better sightline than 204. You still see plenty in both, but for some reason I feel 202 is more conducive to watching the entire game unfold without having to look around peoples heads who are leaning forward.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
I have last row in the corner, jets attack zone for 1 and 3. Great great seats for all the reasons given above

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
FWIW I'm pleased that they now change sides for OT. In a close game both ends of the ice are 'Jets shoot twice'.

m.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Scouts must choose the corners for a reason. Even the late, great, Don Baizley chose seats in 115 row 10. He had Moose tickets since day 1 I'm sure he was one of the first to pick.

I sit next to Don's old seats - and I can attest that it's a great spot to catch the game. High enough that you get a pretty good view of the rink (the only blind spot is along the boards at the far end). The action unfolds right in front of you. And 115 is super convenient to escape the MTSC for an intermission break or at the end of the game. There's a Jets Dog kiosk right there too, so bonus.

I've sat at center ice before (in the vicinity of - but not on - PS241's lap) and you're always looking one way or the other (if you're in rows 1-10ish anyway). Not much exciting happens in the neutral zone...so you're kind of removed from the goal-mouth action compared to the corners.

Bang for the buck, I've always liked the upper deck center ice seats. When I catch games that don't involve the Jets in other cities that's where I usually aim to sit.

Anyway, different perspectives are fun. If anyone wants to swap tickets for a game next season, send me a PM and we can work something out.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Just wondering when you relocated. I'm second row 300s and I have been asking to relocate forever and I'm just getting ignored.

I asked to be moved early summer 2011. As soon as they set up the ability to ask for a move. I got my relocation this past fall. From last row 304 (not bad but pretty much worst seats in p5) to 320 row 9.

Bang for the buck, I've always liked the upper deck center ice seats. When I catch games that don't involve the Jets in other cities that's where I usually aim to sit.

That's where mine are. Sec 320 row 9. Attack zone twice but on the opposite side of the penalty boxes. I think 320 is the best section in the upper row because of attack zone twice but you also get to see the near board action on the jumbotron. I just wish I was a little further down and closer to center ice but it's not bad.

One major advantage of moving from 304 to 320 is the foot traffic after the game is about 10X better. The concourse can be really jammed up going out the main entrance coming from 304. With 320 I can either take a fire escape which leads me directly to the indoor walk way in the NW corner (which is perfect because I park north of portage place) or I can still go out the main entrance if there's a giveaway with about 1/4 the traffic. In fact sometimes in 304 I would walk all the way across the top of the bowl about 6 sections over to come out on the other side of the traffic.

I do miss being the last row in 304 though. That was nice. You could also see right into the dressing room.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Just wondering when you relocated. I'm second row 300s and I have been asking to relocate forever and I'm just getting ignored.

Month ago. Two seats were available, the rep said if we don't move now we'll never get the opportunity as they don't come often. We did voice our displeasure for quite some time, guess we got lucky.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I sit next to Don's old seats - and I can attest that it's a great spot to catch the game. High enough that you get a pretty good view of the rink (the only blind spot is along the boards at the far end). The action unfolds right in front of you. And 115 is super convenient to escape the MTSC for an intermission break or at the end of the game. There's a Jets Dog kiosk right there too, so bonus.

I've sat at center ice before (in the vicinity of - but not on - PS241's lap) and you're always looking one way or the other (if you're in rows 1-10ish anyway). Not much exciting happens in the neutral zone...so you're kind of removed from the goal-mouth action compared to the corners.

Anyway, different perspectives are fun. If anyone wants to swap tickets for a game next season, send me a PM and we can work something out.

Any idea who ended up with those seats? Was it someone from the wait list or someone in Don's family?

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
No cost implications? I would choose the same.

For myself, I get seats in 319 at the very last row (guys at work have are STHs and sell me several games each season), and they are awesome! I know it's the last row of seats in the barn, but I think they are some of the best in the 300's.

I can stand / lean all game if I want and I don't block anyone's view. I can put my coat or other items behind my seats and they don't get in anyone's way. The view of the ice is still really good from up there. Bonus: They're some of the cheapest seats in the house.

I'm a STH for last row in 320 and for the cost (I know not a factor in the OP) I'd say this is spot on. Right on the red line and can stand/sit on top of seats if we choose.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I sit in 209. I love it. Great sight lines.

I also love the corners of the upper bowl, but I prefer to be close to the front when I sit up top.

I've never sat near center in the upper bowl.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Love my seats in 301. The only blind spot I have is a roughly 9 sq ft portion in the nearest corner to me.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I sit first row in the 200's section. Easy access and above all no one in front can block my view.

I do prefer centre ice rows 8-12...... As you are closer to the action but you are high enough to be watching from a raised perspective not having to look through the Glass/ boards or players as the play develops.

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
How many of you guys mind looking through the endzone mesh? That was one absolute I had - no mesh. I find I get eyestrain when my eyes shift focus from mesh to 'around the mesh' all game.

m.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
How many of you guys mind looking through the endzone mesh? That was one absolute I had - no mesh. I find I get eyestrain when my eyes shift focus from mesh to 'around the mesh' all game.

m.

Just my prediction.... don't know when it will happen, but one day I see some type of mesh all the way around the rink. At that point you will have to move down so you are looking just thru the glass.

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
Just my prediction.... don't know when it will happen, but one day I see some type of mesh all the way around the rink. At that point you will have to move down so you are looking just thru the glass.

I rarely deal in absolutes (what with that whole "Sith always seems to lose" factor) but I'll go out on a limb and say that will never happen. The TSN cameras need their clear view.

Now maybe they can dome the whole ice surface. Real life bubble hockey. :sarcasm:

m.

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Scouts must choose the corners for a reason. Even the late, great, Don Baizley chose seats in 115 row 10. He had Moose tickets since day 1 I'm sure he was one of the first to pick.

I had seats in the corner (a couple of rows up) in the old WHA days. Great for watching Hull, Nilsson, Hedberg weaving up the ice and still having the D in your field of vision. By being in the corner I felt you still got a sense of the speed of play which is reduced behind the net.

Only better seats I have had were as part of a 7 person syndicate at Maple Leaf Gardens. We were right at center ice three rows up behind the visitors bench. Three rows up was enough so the players changes didn't interfere with your field of vision but you could easily watch and hear what was going on. As an added bonus, when I took my son, both teams came up the ramp right beside him. He could actually reach over and examine or touch the visitors stick rack. This was 25-30 years ago and the cost per ducket in those days was $20. The guy who controlled the tickets had trouble keeping his syndicate together as the seat prices rose through $150+ and ended up leasing them out to an insurance company.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Any idea who ended up with those seats? Was it someone from the wait list or someone in Don's family?

I'm not sure - I thought I recognized his son there once this year, but it's not the same people every game (same with our seats - there are 4 of us sharing the season tickets).

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Looking for some advice

....currently in Sec 307 (P5)....have a chance to move to Sec 118 (P1) right behind the visitors bench.

Anyone sit here or in 119 behind the Jets bench? What is your view like?
Thanks!

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Looking for some advice

....currently in Sec 307 (P5)....have a chance to move to Sec 118 (P1) right behind the visitors bench.

Thanks!

Sat there several times. Like the proximity to the action. When play is on your side in corners can be hard to see depending what the row is. If its first row you may find coaches and players hinder your view at times. Depending on your situation, if you are looking for lower bowl tickets I would be willing to trade what I think are the best P3 tickets, depending on where these seats are. I know a bunch of people in this section. PM me and we can discuss if you like!

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Looking for some advice

Thanks!

Not sure if this helps but I was in 117 for the 1st 5 seasons. It may depend on the row that you are in. In 117, I could not see very well along the boards in the Jets end or in one corner.

As for the best seats in MTSC. These would be my preference with no price considerations. Obviously the suites facing the benches but......

1. Loge - facing the team benches from centre ice to the visiting net. Lot of leg room no one in front. Have actually not had the pleasure of sitting here yet.

2. Lower bowl - 100's facing the team benches from the centre ice line to the visiting goal line. Best to be in the last row of the lower bowl (100's) on the aisle. Not the side of the aisle where a railing can block your view.

3. Lower bowl - 200's facing the team benches from the centre ice line to the visiting goal line. Best to be in the first row or top row or the aisle if available.

Of course if you want to watch the Jets defend for 2 periods you would want seats in the Jets end.

I had been scouting out seats at the MTSC in the spring of 2011 anticipating the Jets return. I really liked last row in 200's and anywhere in the 200's from centre to visiting goal line facing the team benches. Preferred aisle but not if railing could block views.

When Jets tickets went on sale I went 100's as I just figured that tickets in the 200's would be harder to get than the 100's. I ended up in Jets attack zone for 2 periods, facing the team benches, aisle with no railing blockage close to the goal line. There are better seats in MTSC but for my price point at P3 I have been pretty pleased. I preferred these seats to the P2 in 117.

As for the mesh, initially I believed it was going to be a big problem but don't notice it at all now. I think Florida has a clear mesh which could be a nice future upgrade for those who are bothered by it.

Still just glad to have STs and NHL hockey to watch October to the 1st week of April.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Not sure if this helps but I was in 117 for the 1st 5 seasons. It may depend on the row that you are in. In 117, I could not see very well along the boards in the Jets end or in one corner.

As for the best seats in MTSC. These would be my preference with no price considerations. Obviously the suites facing the benches but......

1. Loge - facing the team benches from centre ice to the visiting net. Lot of leg room no one in front. Have actually not had the pleasure of sitting here yet.

2. Lower bowl - 100's facing the team benches from the centre ice line to the visiting goal line. Best to be in the last row of the lower bowl (100's) on the aisle. Not the side of the aisle where a railing can block your view.

3. Lower bowl - 200's facing the team benches from the centre ice line to the visiting goal line. Best to be in the first row or top row or the aisle if available.

Of course if you want to watch the Jets defend for 2 periods you would want seats in the Jets end.

I had been scouting out seats at the MTSC in the spring of 2011 anticipating the Jets return. I really liked last row in 200's and anywhere in the 200's from centre to visiting goal line facing the team benches. Preferred aisle but not if railing could block views.

When Jets tickets went on sale I went 100's as I just figured that tickets in the 200's would be harder to get than the 100's. I ended up in Jets attack zone for 2 periods, facing the team benches, aisle with no railing blockage close to the goal line. There are better seats in MTSC but for my price point at P3 I have been pretty pleased. I preferred these seats to the P2 in 117.

As for the mesh, initially I believed it was going to be a big problem but don't notice it at all now. I think Florida has a clear mesh which could be a nice future upgrade for those who are bothered by it.

Still just glad to have STs and NHL hockey to watch October to the 1st week of April.

Good post, acurate portrayal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad