Best Hockey Chirps

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
'Are you lost? The miniature golf course is across the road'.

'Which teletubby are you'? (Don't be taking yourself too seriously if you're out of shape).

Never target or go after anyone, but if anyone starts something or gets too angry or aggro then they're fair game.

I once played for a friends social team (not hockey) and was used to playing many, many levels higher than they were at, bigger, fitter, faster and stronger so the other team were pretty much fodder to me, but I don't go too hard out in that sort of situation, but just have a bit of a run around and try and make the others look better by making some play for them. This one guy on the other team was going hard out, playing dirty, spoiling for a fight and wanting to make a name for himself. I gave him a bit of a warning shot and he comes gunning for me. He was missing quite a few teeth, probably through a combination of bad dental hygiene, accident or violence.

I said to him, 'hey I'd love to fight you buddy, but you look like you've lost enough teeth already'. His own team mates all fell over laughing at him and mocking him and the guy must have felt about two feet tall.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I've only chirped at people I'm friends with in open, my beer league divisions are too low level for anyone to chirp, but if anyone in a game did say something to me, my response would be along the lines of "I have skills, don't need to talk...just watch."

As for actual chirping in open, I carry over corny lines from my basketball playing days like after I score, I'll tell the goalie/d-men that "that shot pays my mortage", or something similar. Kind of like Larry Bird's type of razzing... :p:

Psuedo Omega

Nov 1, 2013
Binghamton, NY
I rarely ever chirp anyone myself, but when I was younger I loved it when someone would chirp me because I could usually get under their skin

One of my favorite responses to anyone who was obnoxiously chirping me when I was younger was "Please stop flirting with me, I'm way out of your league". That worked 90% of the time, and when it didn't I'd say things like "You realize this is a hockey game, and not couples skate right?" "Be polite and use your manners when asking for my autograph"

Loved reading most of the chirps in this thread, many classics and new ones that cracked me up.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
"Act like you've played hockey one time before"

Works outside of hockey like a charm too.

Ex: Friend spills a beer on himself "Act like you've drank a beer one time before"

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I've got a buddy who has awkward skating mechanics, so we joke around with him and call him "Bambi On Ice".

"I've seen better hands on a digital clock" is still my personal favourite.

Again, I got under people's skin back in minor hockey, but I'm much more laid back now that I'm in beer league, just out to have a good time now.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Tonight I got "You don't even lift bro!"

It was either funny because I wouldn't be surprised at all if I could outlift anyone in the league in regards to powerlifting, or because he realized I plainly lift and wanted to irk me.

I had half my team following him saying the same thing and he was getting upset, then between periods I initiated some kindness so we'd (hopefully) be sure to not see any cheapshots come about. As we lined up, I quipped "stop chirping me in memes!" and he said "you mad bro?" - which was just perfect :laugh:

SCBruCrew4

Dec 5, 2011
Boston, Ma
It's not much of a chirp but in my "organized pick-up league" we generally have a good time, with no one trying to relive the glory days.

Well one night I was gassed and so was a player on the other team, we were the last two guys to get back into the zone and I decided to skate past him...shortly there after I felt a tug. I looked over my shoulder to my surprise he had hook his HOCKEY stick into the back protector of my pants and was literally holding/leaning back. I immediately ripped the stick out and told him "no free rides", to which his reply was "I'll take you out on a date after if that's better!" I laughed my ass off. Also what makes this story pretty good is I weigh 165 soaking wet and he was easily 270 lol, so he had a good 100 lbs on me in weight and it just looked absolutely ridiculous on ice.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
It's not much of a chirp but in my "organized pick-up league" we generally have a good time, with no one trying to relive the glory days.

Well one night I was gassed and so was a player on the other team, we were the last two guys to get back into the zone and I decided to skate past him...shortly there after I felt a tug. I looked over my shoulder to my surprise he had hook his HOCKEY stick into the back protector of my pants and was literally holding/leaning back. I immediately ripped the stick out and told him "no free rides", to which his reply was "I'll take you out on a date after if that's better!" I laughed my ass off. Also what makes this story pretty good is I weigh 165 soaking wet and he was easily 270 lol, so he had a good 100 lbs on me in weight and it just looked absolutely ridiculous on ice.

That is awesome.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
almost all of these chirps are so G-rated makes me think it's a bunch of teenagers saying them.. not even that. The chirps I've heard are much more cruel and degrading

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
just watch the scene with Reg Dunlop talking with the other team's goalie about his wife's extra-curricular exploits

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Think something similar was mentioned already in this thread but whatever. In my league under 18 players need to wear full cages and there was one on the other team who checked one of our guys from behind. I told him, "you can take that helmet off when you finish puberty."

Swiffer G

Sep 14, 2014
Dude, your girlfriend smashed me harder than that.

My phones dead, can you charge it?

Dude your yoked! The water jug heavy?

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
My collection.

"Does coach know you are out here?"
"You're the reason for dust devils"
"Nice hands feet"
"Your mom won't be the only one I've scored on tonight."

One that I use for Fabian Zuccarello (Mats Zuccarello'slittle brother that has a huge nose.

"nice shnoz"

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
In Atom evaluation one year my Brother tipped in a kid's shot that was going in and he skated right over to him and told him "you suck"

varano

Jun 27, 2013
almost all of these chirps are so G-rated makes me think it's a bunch of teenagers saying them.. not even that. The chirps I've heard are much more cruel and degrading

A guy at a charity hockey game once told me he was going to rip my teeth out like chicklets and feed them to me.

Then he tripped over someones stick and flew into the boards and broke his arm.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
A guy at a charity hockey game once told me he was going to rip my teeth out like chicklets and feed them to me.

Then he tripped over someones stick and flew into the boards and broke his arm.

:laugh: One could only hope at the time that he lost a Chiclet himself.

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS

Teenagers chirps are not G-rated I can guarantee you that. My son is 14 and plays Major Bantam and he tells me things that are said. They are not G-rate.

roundwounds

Sep 22, 2014
Two of my favourites are from Shawn Thornton:

S:'Suck it you milk drinker'
C: 'He likes milk?'
S: 'Yeah'

Also, 'get you and your turtleneck outta here'

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Heard this one this past weekend from a player on the team we were rolling yell at their own goalie: "you're giving out more softies than ******* Dairy Queen!"

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Some of my favorites:

If the rout's on, "You guys ever think about switching to GEICO? They'll save more than your tendy."

And, of course:

"Google me."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad