Best fighter in the NHL currently?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Regular everyday NHLer would have to be Reaves. Guy's an absolute tank of a human and throws with intent. Haven't seen a guy sling arms like him since Twist in all honesty. Well, maybe Colton Orr... he threw hard too.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Regular everyday NHLer would have to be Reaves. Guy's an absolute tank of a human and throws with intent. Haven't seen a guy sling arms like him since Twist in all honesty. Well, maybe Colton Orr... he threw hard too.

Easy for a fighter to open up and throw punches with intent when you don't fear your opponent.

Reaves style is very indicative of the opposition he is facing.

If Ed Kastellic played in this watered down league in terms of tough guys he'd be one of the best ever.

Would love to see Reaves in the mid to late 90's when he would have to face one or two guys that could chuckem on a nightly basis. Probert, Laraque, Kocur, Brown, Baumgartner, Domi etc etc.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
not to long ago, Souray was a tough son of a *****. Broke his hand a few time but never saw him lose a fight

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Sadly the game is dying and there aren't a lot of decent fighters around anymore in my video game I have guys who are in the a that deserve to be up in the nhl on nhl rosters. So if they were all up I would say off the top of my head
1. Bret Gallant
2. Gazdic
3. Reaves
4. Lucic
5.N Foligno
6. A Gallant
7. Stu Bickell
8. Tom Sesito
9. Michael Haley
10. Ross Johnston Chris Stewart
Depressing that this is the top 10 list of current nhl ahl.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I like Foligno, and he is impressive but i don't think i'd rank him above Alex Gallant, Adam McQuaid or Haley.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Foligno would get wrecked if he stepped up to the heavies.

That said, he does a great job in his weight/skill class.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
top 3 in the NHL based on win/loss imo is....

Reaves - I havn't seen him lose a fight this year
McQuaid - Rarely fights anymore but still enforces the law
Gudbranson - Same with Macquaid, big mean dude that throws with mean intentions.
Lucic - just over powers his opponents
Chara - height and reach

--

new wave of enforcers if they make their teams are Pedan, Ross Johnston from the NYI and MacDermid from the LA Kings.

Martin got ragged dolled way too many times this season lmao so he doesn't crack the top 5.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I could try and search for a video on youtube. Anyone have access to NHL vault?

Look all you want, don't think you will find video of something that I doubt happened. Bruins fans would know if this had occurred. Alternatively, google "Kane fight lucic" and you will find a good article where it's stated that lucic texted Kane regarding Matt Cooke and Kane acknowledges Looch is somewhat of a friend...so again I doubt this alleged challenge is real

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Look all you want, don't think you will find video of something that I doubt happened. Bruins fans would know if this had occurred. Alternatively, google "Kane fight lucic" and you will find a good article where it's stated that lucic texted Kane regarding Matt Cooke and Kane acknowledges Looch is somewhat of a friend...so again I doubt this alleged challenge is real

Well it happened.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
Sadly the game is dying and there aren't a lot of decent fighters around anymore in my video game I have guys who are in the a that deserve to be up in the nhl on nhl rosters. So if they were all up I would say off the top of my head
1. Bret Gallant
2. Gazdic
3. Reaves
4. Lucic
5.N Foligno
6. A Gallant
7. Stu Bickell
8. Tom Sesito
9. Michael Haley
10. Ross Johnston Chris Stewart
Depressing that this is the top 10 list of current nhl ahl.
3 Prince Edward Island boys on this list, and a fourth who could be considered in McQuaid. Damn shame the Gallant boys and Johnston weren't born 10-15 years earlier

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Georges Laraque was is there any fight he got his ass whooped?I don't know about today guys maybe son of Domi?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Georges Laraque was is there any fight he got his ass whooped?I don't know about today guys maybe son of Domi?

I think early in his career and in juniors he had some losses but I really don't think he was ever whooped. Mitch Fritz bullied him a bit once but even then I wouldn't say whooped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad