Injury Report: Bernier lower body injury (not believed to be serious)

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
Guessing.
from what ive learned about carlyle im guessing he will throw bernier out there on saturday, the game is just too big and i get the impression that berniers injury is more of a cautionary thing, i think we are now in desperation mode

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
from what ive learned about carlyle im guessing he will throw bernier out there on saturday, the game is just too big and i get the impression that berniers injury is more of a cautionary thing, i think we are now in desperation mode

If he takes part in full practice tomorrow then Saturday is a possibility :crossfing

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 30s
Bernier is on the ice at practice; MacIntyre is still here as well so there is still doubt re: Jonathan's status for this weekend
Expand

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
BERNY COME BACK

god how did we ever survive PB (pre-bernier) era over these last few years

Bluejaysfan*

Reimer almost always plays well vs the Habs. If Bernier is ready, I would give him tomorrows game vs the Devils to ease back into being in net during a game. The Devils aren't really an offensive powerhouse so he should be able to gain some confidence by shutting them down. The Leafs then play the Blues so they will need him if they want to win that game. I love Reimer but he had his chance to win back more playing time. He can complain about the defense all he wants but Bernier deals with the same defensive support and still puts up big numbers. Reimer has done the same in the past but his lack of confidence is evident in his play.

MrDiddlez

Feb 26, 2014
Toronto
I will sacrifice 7 baby goats, feed 5 chickens and burn 6 boats to speed up his recovery. 7+5+6=18. It has to work

Bluejaysfan*

Please come back Bernier. You are the franchise goalie of this team. Reimer is an imposter and is ruining all the work you have put into getting this team a playoff spot.

PeeBee78

Sep 18, 2009
T-Dot!
Sorry to rehash this thread....but I don't think Bernier is quite healthy yet. I think they rushed him back from injury. Just look at the way he played.

For a couple of those goals he didn't look comfortable going down in a butterfly and his flexibility were not there.

I might think about giving Bernier another week off. He is our goalie of the future and I think rushing him back from a hammy injury could hurt him in the long run....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad