Injury Report: Bernier lower body injury (not believed to be serious)

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
What does that mean? Is that really bad?

-A mild (Grade 1) groin strain may not be very painful and may not limit mild or moderate physical activity.
-A moderate (Grade 2) sprain causes moderate discomfort and limits or prevents running and jumping.
- A severe (Grade 3) strain causes pain doing almost anything

Grade 1 symptoms usually disappear within a week; Grade 2 symptoms last 2-3 weeks; and Grade 3 symptoms can persist for 6-8 weeks or longer.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Don't feel comfortable with Reims. Hopefully he cleans it up with more games under his belt but I just firmly believe in Bernier now and hope he returns 100% as soon as possible.

Leafs have a chance at home ice in the playoffs for the first time since...I can't even remember. Standings are very close. Leafs have to seize this opportunity.

Come on Reims be good!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Don't feel comfortable with Reims. Hopefully he cleans it up with more games under his belt but I just firmly believe in Bernier now and hope he returns 100% as soon as possible.

Leafs have a chance at home ice in the playoffs for the first time since...I can't even remember. Standings are very close. Leafs have to seize this opportunity.

Come on Reims be good!

Same, the problem with Reimer is his rebound control. Reimer's incredibly athletic and he usually will make that highlight reel save that he wasn't supposed to make. On the flip side, he'll let in goals that weren't supposed to happen due to poor rebound control, or kicking rebounds up into the slot. I think that's why a lot of people perceive him as a bad goaltender, he'll kick out 2 bad rebounds and they'll score 2 goals and then he'll make 2 highlight reel saves. If it was the other way around, he didn't let out rebounds but didn't save the highlight reel plays, fans would probably be more comfortable with him.

It's just another case of the bad leaving a more bitter taste in your mouth than the good.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Toronto Maple Leafs ‏@MapleLeafs 22h
Carlyle: Bernier had an MRI today and has a low grade groin strain. Believed to be day-to-day.
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 21h
Bernier's MRI today revealed a slight groin strain. He appears to be day to day according to randy Carlyle.

Dreger "Bernier won't play the next 2 for sure, but I've been told it's not serious at all. About pain mgmgt & how he responds to treatment"

Baba Ganoush

Dec 8, 2009
Just make sure he's really ready when he comes back.

for sure.

hopefully he's back quick...but if not, here's Reimer's chance to live up to his own hype. The next handful of games are the biggest of the season.

this week:
DET
TBL
MTL
NJD
next week:
STL
PHI
DET

sure it's been said, but Bernier gets hurt/Reimer steps in at a time where we have 5 games in 7 nights, and the only game that isn't a critical division/wild card battle is against the best team in the NHL. heal fast JB!

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Pulled a groin muscle many years ago playing baseball, not fun, felt like a permanent kick in the pills.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Groin injuries in a goalie scare me.
Wonder if Bernier has tweaked his groin before ?

jc90

Gonna paint ur wagon
Apr 27, 2010
Leafs Nation

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Bernier is back on the ice again today. He looks good out there.

Hopefully hes ready for Sundays game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad