Rumor: Bergevin expects Pacioretty back next year with the Canadiens

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
He saw his retirement plan in Florida get stalled for atleast another year with the Panthers acquiring Hoffman. That being said, this organization will give him an extension. Their too stupid to cash in on him.

i don't think patches will sign an extension....i dont think he wants to be here,

i think he will go to FA

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
My understanding is that Pacioretty hates it in Montreal, he hates the fake nedia, etc .

However, he's still a human being. If Bergevin offers 8*8 then how could he turn that down?

personally i would turn it down.....my happiness and chance of winning would be more important to me,

i wouldn't want to stay somewhere for 8 years where i was miserable every day.....for any amount of money

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Carey Price chose money over happiness and winning a Cup.

Yup, but does that mean that we should disrespect Price? Is it wrong that Price chose an extra ~30 million (his excess in pay) over improved odds of winning the Cup?

Price was coping hard in the months leading up to the contract. I remember that he was saying that other teams managed to pay their best players and still compete. First of all, it's delusional of him to compare himself to Crosby and Ovechkin, it shows that the hype went to his head. Second, those other teams have other good players too, whereas the Habs only have Price, and no other elite players, nobody else who is top-15 at their position. If he didn't realize that Bergevin could never build a contender, then he's not very intelligent, and thus maybe his predicament is not his fault.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Carey Price chose money over happiness and winning a Cup.

im not so sure about that......

when price signed that contract i think MB gave him a good sales pitch and probably made price believe that radulov and markov were coming back, and they were going "all in" to win in the next few years.....i am sure price was PI$$ED beyond belief at the news radulov and markov were gone....IMO price is now regretting signing for 8 years

Reactions: BLONG7 and ArtPeur

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I don't mind if Pacioretty sticks around...he isn't the problem with this team. You need guys who can score goals. The problem is we lack MORE finish on our team so it's really easy to shut us down because nobody in the lineup scares the opposition. That finish got even worse with the trade of Galchenyuk...

Our lineup is full of holes...we need at least one C...we need 2 players who can score...we need at least one D...it's kind of scary how much we need to be honest with you.

Anyway, I'd rather keep Max than trade him away for less than he is worth. And if we were going to trade him it should have been done before now imo.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Yup, but does that mean that we should disrespect Price? Is it wrong that Price chose an extra ~30 million (his excess in pay) over improved odds of winning the Cup?

Price was coping hard in the months leading up to the contract. I remember that he was saying that other teams managed to pay their best players and still compete. First of all, it's delusional of him to compare himself to Crosby and Ovechkin, it shows that the hype went to his head. Second, those other teams have other good players too, whereas the Habs only have Price, and no other elite players, nobody else who is top-15 at their position. If he didn't realize that Bergevin could never build a contender, then he's not very intelligent, and thus maybe his predicament is not his fault.

Not blaming Price but Habsgirl used happiness and winning as examples why Pacioretty will not sign here. Some people do choose money over happiness and it's their right. Everybody can be bought. Everybody has that point that they are willing to give up that little bit of happiness for a little bit of extra money whether it's working long hours or working two jobs etc...

Was it the right move for Price? I don't know. It will take years for a GM to fix this mess and by then Price will have wasted most of his prime. Good thing he doesn't give his defense dirty looks anymore because there'd be lots of dirty looks to go around with that horrid defense last year lol.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Sometimes you gotta be fluid and change. While I was all about trading Pacioretty a couple of months ago, I think the wise move now is to buy low and re-sign him for a bargain- rather than sell low.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Patches 29 UFA next year = waaay too old and in serious decline. No way I'd want to sign him.

Simmonds 29 UFA next year = We need to sign this guy right away for a max contract! He's got so much left in the tank like Radulov!

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Patches 29 UFA next year = waaay too old and in serious decline. No way I'd want to sign him.

Simmonds 29 UFA next year = We need to sign this guy right away for a max contract! He's got so much left in the tank like Radulov!
Same with JVR lol

Pacioretty should be had cheaper than both those guys.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
im not so sure about that......

when price signed that contract i think MB gave him a good sales pitch and probably made price believe that radulov and markov were coming back, and they were going "all in" to win in the next few years.....i am sure price was PI$$ED beyond belief at the news radulov and markov were gone....IMO price is now regretting signing for 8 years

Yeah because he would’ve got that contract after this season?

He’s thrilled he signed right on time.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

What are you talcking about ? Even if someone asked for this, I'm pretty sure it's a better plan than MB's supposed one, because we get assets for Pacioretty and we are able to get a player who won't cost anything beside money... But we will still suck like with captain Missioretty.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What are you talcking about ? Even if someone asked for this, I'm pretty sure it's a better plan than MB's supposed one, because we get assets for Pacioretty and we are able to get a player who won't cost anything beside money... But we will still suck like with captain Missioretty.

Before asking what I’m talking about. Maybe you should know what you’re talking about first.

They’re BOTH under contract. We already have Patches for free. It’s Simmonds who would cost us something to acquire and then we’d still have to pay him for his next contract.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
Trading Pacioretty is the biggest opportunity for this team to build for the future and get a young soon-to-be #1C and there are rumours that the Habs are not going to do it?
I just don't understand how this management team can pass up this opportunity. If he is not gone at the draft, then they are even more incompetent than I originally imagined. It would confirm that they think we are close to winning a cup and that we don't have to rebuild this roster.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Before asking what I’m talking about. Maybe you should know what you’re talking about first.

They’re BOTH under contract. We already have Patches for free. It’s Simmonds who would cost us something to acquire and then we’d still have to pay him for his next contract.

Sell Pacioretty and sign a UFA to replace him this year or next year... My point is still valid.

Edit: Of course you won't answer.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Sell Pacioretty and sign a UFA to replace him this year or next year... My point is still valid.

What does that have to do with Simmonds which was the point of my post??

Only valid in your mind because you moved the goal posts to accommodate yourself. lol. Nice!

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
What does that have to do with Simmonds which was the point of my post??

Only valid in your mind because you moved the goal posts to accommodate yourself. lol. Nice!

My point is still valid, unless you are blind.

What is the the best scenario ? Sign Pacioretty or trade him and sign a UFA to replace him this year or next year (Simmonds).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad