Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

Nov 1, 2011
Local Pittsburgh area kid and always wanted him on Sids LW. But Pens will begin the transition and probably keep draft picks. Petts and Poulin for him is about the best the Pens can do here.

I'd want 2 x 1st for Miller.

He's a difference maker the next two years for Sid @ $5.3m.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Benning making a trade to shake things up should not even be an option! His trades and signings have got us to where we are today.

All I want to here is of “firings”… starting with Benning! Let the new GM hire new coach and do any other tinkering.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd want 2 x 1st for Miller.

He's a difference maker the next two years for Sid @ $5.3m.
Didn't Miller and Sid have some issues?

I think 2 1sts is fair for Miller, but it would likely end up being a first and a package of prospects and later picks that equals a first. Probably with a contract to help cap for the trading partner as well. I think any team should be interested in Miller, but the number of teams that have the cap space for him limits things a bit.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
And now this....

Please god tell me this means Benning's authority has been stripped and they're in the process of getting a new GM (and coaching staff too, but one thing at a time).

I'm not entirely opposed to trading Miller although I would rather keep him and see what a competent GM and coach could do with this team first. They should not be as bad as they are plain and simple.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Please god tell me this means Benning's authority has been stripped and they're in the process of getting a new GM (and coaching staff too, but one thing at a time).

I'm not entirely opposed to trading Miller although I would rather keep him and see what a competent GM and coach could do with this team first. They should not be as bad as they are plain and simple.
Probably wishful thinking…

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
MOTTE + POOLMAN

for

ENGVALL + HOLL + ABRAMOV

VANCOUVER
- shake up to chemistry for canucks
- likely wont be able to sign/extend Motte = more cost certainty and a warm body playing and playing well in Engvall
- 500K savings in Holl
- Abramov is a decent B level prospect

TORONTO
- Motte is a bit more feisty than Engvall and would add an element to that 3rd line that would make it even better with Kase and Kampf
- Poolman and Holl are very similar - but Muzzin might benefit from a new partner
- mostly would do deal for Motte's flexibility

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Probably wishful thinking…

Lol I know, im trying to stay positive I think because I actually really like the majority of our team makeup. A few inexcusable moves though have ruined it and I think the players are done playing for Green and Benning.

Or maybe the teams just sucks and I'm dead wrong.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Lol I know, im trying to stay positive I think because I actually really like the majority of our team makeup. A few inexcusable moves though have ruined it and I think the players are done playing for Green and Benning.

Or maybe the teams just sucks and I'm dead wrong.

I agree with you that you have some nice talent and the team should be performing better than what they are.

But if Benning says he's about to trade a cancer in the locker room but then hours later it's reported they're not returning phone calls, it seem like something might be happening with Benning.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
I agree with you that you have some nice talent and the team should be performing better than what they are.

But if Benning says he's about to trade a cancer in the locker room but then hours later it's reported they're not returning phone calls, it seem like something might be happening with Benning.

What do I have to sacrifice, to who, to make this happen? Please.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I don't think the GM is going to matter unless you can find someone who is also skilled at managing Aquilini. Canucks have a real problem with meddling ownership, on par with Katz/Pegula level. You can argue about the GM but it's kind of irrelevant when the owner is actively inserting himself into hockey ops.
For sure, you’re bang on. Need someone like Gillis who actually stands up to him.

Reactions: ratbid

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
There's something to the idea of trading away good players to "fix" the chemistry but that usually makes more sense as a new GM move than the GM that's responsible for assembling the bad chemistry.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

Show me where Benning said that.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
If you really insist, we'll give you Evander Kane. He'll change the chemistry.

The first GM for player trade executed solely on pure hatred from their respective fanbases. Benning for Kane ladies and gentlemen, lets make history!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The organization is becoming a joke franchise. I suspect everyone who has left are very happy they did. Tanev and Markstrom probably get down on their knees every night in grateful thanks that Vancouver considered them too expensive to re-sign.

Reactions: amethyst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad