Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
This seems similar to chiarelli sabotaging the oilers before he left.

Beware Canuck fans

Eh, Benning's already has the team paying Pearson+Dickinson+Poolman $8.4M till 2024 and 7.26M for 30 year old OEL till 2027. For next season, the teams going to start $3.9M short to have Virtanen, Holtby, and Halak (performance bonuses) not play for us. And of course one more season juggling Ferland on the IR with his uninsured $3.5M cap hit. 4 years and $14M salary (again uninsured) for a cool 14 games of Michael Ferland. And since he keeps trading draft picks including the last two 1st rounders the organizations top leading prospects are Danila Klimovich, Jack Rathbone, Jett Woo, and Michael DiPietro.

Basically, Benning's been sabotaging the team for 8 seasons. It would be damn nice if new management could make the most out of Miller on the trade market, but if Benning gets to blow it which it seems like he probably will well that's just another drop in the bucket.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Well run team with a beauty of a GM
Jim-Benning-Canucks-1.jpg

Damn the lockdown has not done him good.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Worst gm in league and arguably now one of the worst owners in the league.

8 years into Benning and I’m absolutely not shocked that he hasn’t been fired. Why bother now? It makes sense 5 years ago.

Reactions: likash

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Canucks in the process of losing tonight to the Pens. After tonight the Canucks record will likely be 6-12-2
Benning REALLY has to do something significant to shake up this team. What a dumpster fire. Canucks are scoreless half way through the 3rd.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Canucks in the process of losing tonight to the Pens. After tonight the Canucks record will likely be 6-12-2
Benning REALLY has to do something significant to shake up this team. What a dumpster fire. Canucks are scoreless half way through the 3rd.

He will not make a trade. The whole regime is about to crumble. New thread should be started "Future Canucks GM's potential moves".

We need a new GM asap. He should come in and ask all the players who wants out and trade them accordingly. Draft looks pretty nice this year.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The most logical thing to do would be to see if a different coach could get more out of the players before going all Mike Milbury with trades.

It's absolutely bizarre they haven't done at least that yet.

Reactions: DekeyPete

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
The most logical thing to do would be to see if a different coach could get more out of the players before going all Mike Milbury with trades.

It's absolutely bizarre they haven't done at least that yet.

If this was any other team, especially with the talent they have, the coach and possibly GM would of been fired by now. This organization is knee deep in some bizarro-land type stuff.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Quite the clip in the post game presser from Miller tonight. Who isn't buying in?

I feel so badly for Miller. For his own sake I hope he is traded to a winning organization.

As a Canucks fan I would appreciate a good return but at this point... who cares? Benning is just going to f*** it up anyway.

Reactions: Nucker42

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Local Pittsburgh area kid and always wanted him on Sids LW. But Pens will begin the transition and probably keep draft picks. Petts and Poulin for him is about the best the Pens can do here.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Worst gm in league and arguably now one of the worst owners in the league.

8 years into Benning and I’m absolutely not shocked that he hasn’t been fired. Why bother now? It makes sense 5 years ago.

I don't think the GM is going to matter unless you can find someone who is also skilled at managing Aquilini. Canucks have a real problem with meddling ownership, on par with Katz/Pegula level. You can argue about the GM but it's kind of irrelevant when the owner is actively inserting himself into hockey ops.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
What are the Canucks actual on ice, on paper needs?

I look at the lineup and see that they probably need about three more top 4 D? But that it will be difficult without cap space and top prospects. So I would think shedding salary while adding cheap D would be the priority. But I’m not sure if that’s what it looks like from people that follow them more closely.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad