Rumor: Ben Bishop to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Guy doesn't appear to be a "verified" source, so I have no idea how much thought I should put into this.

I don't trust any source with a handle that has the word "rumour" or "buzz" (weird) or anything of the sort in their handle. Normally mean's they're just an idiot throwing out things to see what people will eat up.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I know losing Backlund may sound bad, but I doubt Treliving would move him if he didn't have a plan in place. Maybe he thinks Jankowski can fill that #3 role this season? Or another deal in place? I also doubt he'd acquire Bishop without having an extension in place.

Never heard of that source though, so I wouldn't put much thought into it.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
It's a clickbait account. Zero substance to any posts.

Well logically it still makes sense for Treliving to go after the best goalie available. That would mean making an offer, no matter how low it would initially be, see where it goes from there.

Can't imagine Tre not making that call, especially after losing out on Freddie.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If we get Bishop, Treliving is a bloody boss. Dougie one year, then Bishop the next. Bishop is a star and pretty much elite at his position. I feel confident that we don't make that deal unless talks of an extension have been made like TO did with Anderssen.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Come on man, we've already got a Bishop thread! Just cause you got beat on the main forum by seconds doesn't mean you need to try again here :P

We're already discussing in the GDT

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Curious question...

IF the deal is bigger than Bishop, what plus to the 6OA would allow us to get a 2RW or LW? (pref RW of course)

2 seconds?

Just wondering if Tre is aiming at a few birds with his stone.

EDIT: Oops. Wrong thread.

Err... I think I could live with 6 mil. But I don't think I want to see longer than 5-6 years.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Curious question...

IF the deal is bigger than Bishop, what plus to the 6OA would allow us to get a 2RW or LW? (pref RW of course)

2 seconds?

Just wondering if Tre is aiming at a few birds with his stone.

EDIT: Oops. Wrong thread.

Err... I think I could live with 6 mil. But I don't think I want to see longer than 5-6 years.

Bishop is already getting 5.9 million, and he's done nothing but be amazing since he signed that deal. He's getting a raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad