Belarus: Belarusian prospects. Updates, reports.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Actually, I'm not sure the exact lineup vs. Belarus yesterday, I just know today vs. Austria.

Jacob Svejstrup, Oliver True, Joachim Blichfeld, Valdemar Ahlberg, Jonas Rondbjerg, Daniel Nielsen, Phillip Schultz, maybe Soren Dietz Larsen

Malte Setkov, Oliver Joakim Larsen, Daniel Andersen, Mikkel Persson, maybe Oliver Jessen.

If any of these guys played vs Belarus just let me know. Obviously you have your guys in North America too but it seems like you weren't planning on bringing many.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
No, none of them played vs Belarus. Are these guys really able to bring some strength compared to the current roster players or it's just to show the depth?
As for our NA players it's most likely Sushko (haha my tablet autocorrects it to Suzuki), Martynov, Mikhalchuk and Yeryomenko.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
The ones who I put after a "maybe" are questionable. The other ones are upgrades, some are draft picks, but I wouldn't expect anything God like I'd just expect a closer fight.
Hey don't you think that by that "outscored" I ment that 4-1 reflects the difference between Belarusian and Danish junior hockey?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I'm also very high on this current U20 crop of Belarussians, and if they indeed meets Denmark in relegation round, I really fancy their chances of survival.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Dmitri Deryabin got a two-week tryout contact from Dinamo Minsk shortly after being invited to the national team.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Belarus U20 head coach Yuri Faykov said in an interview he expects 11 players to join the team at the WJC along with those playing with U20 NTDP, and named four: Sharangovich (Dinamo Minsk), Deryabin (Dinamo Minsk tryout), Drozdov and Litvinov (both Yunost Minsk, BXL).
Which leaves place for seven players. Sushko, Yeryomenko, Martynov, Mikhalchuk (all CHL), Martynyuk (MHL), Sokolovsky (Dinamo Molodechno, BXL) seem indisputable, so the seventh one is probably Sapego?

Last edited:
Reactions: malkinfan

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Pavel Lapin, 2000, who had got Russian citizenship and was considered by many to refuse playing for Belarus, is surprisingly back to Belarus. Have played two games with U-18 NTDP but have shown nothing special though.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Pavel Lapin, 2000, who had got Russian citizenship and was considered by many to refuse playing for Belarus, is surprisingly back to Belarus. Have played two games with U-18 NTDP but have shown nothing special though.
Yep, there's a reason he is back. He dominated Russian U leagues when he was physically towering over the opposition, but now that others have caught up with him it looks like he might struggle to make the Belarus U18 team.

In other news Bovbel pointlessly moves to USHL in midseason. Where can he go afterwards? ECHL? If he would be college eligible, I would understand this, but that ship has sailed a long time ago.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
In other news Bovbel pointlessly moves to USHL in midseason. Where can he go afterwards? ECHL? If he would be college eligible, I would understand this, but that ship has sailed a long time ago.
On the other hand what options does he have? Playing with NTDP against the weakest teams of the Extraleague? Returning to his native club (I guess it's Shakhter Soligorsk which now plays in the Extraleague's top-6) could have a point. But it's the option he can choose in the future.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
On the other hand what options does he have? Playing with NTDP against the weakest teams of the Extraleague? Returning to his native club (I guess it's Shakhter Soligorsk which now plays in the Extraleague's top-6) could have a point. But it's the option he can choose in the future.

I agree, he doesn't have many options, and if a serious professional Extraleague team isn't interested in him, my best advice would be to look at German, Slovakian or Austrian league options. Going to USHL at his age at midseason seems questionable to me. As I said in NA it will be only ECHL at best for him next year. But yeah, he is not in a great spot unless he really destroys it for Dubuque.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
my best advice would be to look at German, Slovakian or Austrian league options
I'm not good in that questions but I guess there are way small chances for a young player to play in european leagues without EU citizenship? By the way, are Latvian players considered as legios in european leagues?
Meanwhile Bovbel scored his first USHL goal in his first game.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I'm not good in that questions but I guess there are way small chances for a young player to play in european leagues without EU citizenship? By the way, are Latvian players considered as legios in european leagues?
Meanwhile Bovbel scored his first USHL goal in his first game.
Pretty sure for the DEL you need a German passport and for the EBEL you count for points as long as you are either not of the country of your club or over 23.

At this point, the ECHL is the best entry point back into the Dinamo Minsk system.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Can we talk about the U20 tournament here? For me what a disgraceful ending, Grishenko was good until when we needed to be, to give up 2 goals in the last 2 minutes to lose an important game to a team that only scored 3 the entire tournament before that game? What happened, at least if they lost the relegation in good battle, but to not win a single game is distasteful. The roster was the best they've had in years, even had some good games like against the Czech's. Grishenko was burnt out maybe?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Can we talk about the U20 tournament here? For me what a disgraceful ending, Grishenko was good until when we needed to be, to give up 2 goals in the last 2 minutes to lose an important game to a team that only scored 3 the entire tournament before that game? What happened, at least if they lost the relegation in good battle, but to not win a single game is distasteful. The roster was the best they've had in years, even had some good games like against the Czech's. Grishenko was burnt out maybe?
I wouldn't call it disgraceful to lose to Denmark. Yes, the best team in a long while, but it choked and produced the worst performance when it mattered the most, it is as simple as that. How they managed to lose the first game was unbelievable though in general. Still it all is about these kids with potential somehow carving a pro career as Kabidjan likes to put it with limited places to break out in Belarussian hockey.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Didn't want to jump to conclusions during the tournament but when I saw Grischenko starting the second Denmark game I realized that we were going to lose it. And it's not about Grischenko himself (I still believe he is able to grow up into a decent goalie) but about the head coach. The second relegation game and things that happened after, I mean Faikov's interviews, proved me right. He turned out to be absolutely inable to manage circumstances - he just followed them.

My opinion is that the team, I mean players, could do it better (4 games lost by one goal) but the coach was a really weak chain. Olaf Eller beat him with a good old neutral zone trap (which was the best desicion for a small-rink game against a team with just two skilled players and totally incompetent coach) and Faikov just couldn't do anything about it. It was kinda guilty pleasure to watch him just staying like a statue and batting his eyes every time his players didn't manage to enter the offensive zone being just crowded out to the boards in the center ice and him just cursing players every time they got a penalty. Damn, I'm still out of sorts when I'm think back about it.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I've made a couple of highlights videos on belarusian prospects, Vitali Pinchuk and Yegor Klavdiyev.

Some more videos available on my youtube channel.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Wow, very well done, Pan. Fantastic to see these kids play.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
A lot of changes will happen in Belarus championship starting with the season 2018/2019.

The Extraleague (tier 1 league with 12 teams now) will be divided into 2 leagues: Extraleague A and B with 8 teams in each, with separate regular seasons. After the regular season four best teams of Extra A will make playoffs. Four worst teams of Extra A and four best teams of Extra B will make relegation/promotion round, four best teams of which will participate Extra A next season.
NTDP U20 team will play in Extra A and is insured from relegation to Extra B. NTDPs U18 team will play in Extra B.

New eligibility rules for both A and B Extralegues. Legio limit is 5 players. A legio should be not older than 25 y/o at the moment of signing the contact, only from CIS-countries (most of ex-USSR countries) and having never played for his national team. Age limits for local players: not more than 5 players older than 28 and not less than 2 players yonger than 20.

The High League (now is tier 2 league which consists of extraleague's farm clubs, ntdp U18 and U17 teams and two foreign clubs) will be transformed to the Junior League with 21 y/o limit. NTDPs U17 team will play in the Junior League.

Well, some doubtful but disputable desicions, but that one only-CIS-no-NT-legios rule is way more ridiculous than I could ever expect from the Federation.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Well, some doubtful but disputable desicions, but that one only-CIS-no-NT-legios rule is way more ridiculous than I could ever expect from the Federation.
Or, keeping in mind the upcoming IHWC-2021, ridiculous is not the right word. I guess they know what they do, they are probably just going to totaly ruin the developement programme flooding the league with the foreigners available to be naturalized for the national team needs.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Or, keeping in mind the upcoming IHWC-2021, ridiculous is not the right word. I guess they know what they do, they are probably just going to totaly ruin the developement programme flooding the league with the foreigners available to be naturalized for the national team needs.
I was about to post the same thing after I read your original post's third paragraph. Basically copying the Kazakhstan's vision for the national team :/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad