Belarus: Belarusian prospects. Updates, reports.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I was about to post the same thing after I read your original post's third paragraph. Basically copying the Kazakhstan's vision for the national team :/
That's why I didn't want that Worlds for Belarus. Now I just hope it's a kind of insurance for the worst scenario. After all they also established a semblance of salary cap which probably will keep decent legios from the league.
Lol such a mess!

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Ilya Usov has made his USHL debut, left no mark on the scoresheet, but the fact itself is worth noting.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Fortunately, the federation, after a huge wave of negative reaction from fans, edited/cancelled some of projected changes. 28-and-older players limit will be 7 players per team (instead of projected 5) and legios may be from any country, not only Russia-Kazakhstan-Ukraine.
And the federation denies that they intended to naturalize Russian players.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Fortunately, the federation, after a huge wave of negative reaction from fans, edited/cancelled some of projected changes. 28-and-older players limit will be 7 players per team (instead of projected 5) and legios may be from any country, not only Russia-Kazakhstan-Ukraine.
And the federation denies that they intended to naturalize Russian players.
There was an understandable level of backlash on every hockey related webpage I saw in past month, so no wonder federation caved. Now watch them dish out a passport to Osipov next spring :D

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
There was an understandable level of backlash on every hockey related webpage I saw in past month, so no wonder federation caved. Now watch them dish out a passport to Osipov next spring :D
I tried to look at his signing and resigning from different angles, including his possible naturalization, but it still makes no sense for me. The only good thing in Osipov is his last name. It's way easier to avoid BalticWarrior's attacks having Osipov in NT roster than having Bailen :)

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Have made the highlghts video of Team Belarus from U18 WJC.
Some may say it's a little childish, I mean the song and all that, but I couldn't help it :)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Some may say it's a little childish, I mean the song and all that, but I couldn't help it :)
Heeey, you said it yourself.... But thanks for the video, didn't know Switzerland game is on tape.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I guess it's time to make a humble prediction on draft chances of belarusian players.

NHL Draft
Yeryomenko
still Sharangovich
and let's say Sapego.

CHL Import draft (in decreasing order of likelihood):
Alistrov
Kolyachonok
Kazyanin
Stepanov
Protas
Oksentyuk
Barkovsky

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I'll give you Yeryomenko. Sapego is a decent wildcard, but in my eyes Sharangovich simply isnt an NHL material despite his somewhat superior ceiling.

Reactions: Pan

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I'll give you Yeryomenko. Sapego is a decent wildcard, but in my eyes Sharangovich simply isnt an NHL material despite his somewhat superior ceiling.
Well I'm probably biased about Sharangovich. Plus in the lack of attention of the NHL to belarusians, getting players drafted becomes a kinda competition itself, no matter if they'd ever have a shot in the league :)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Plus in the lack of attention of the NHL to belarusians, getting players drafted becomes a kinda competition itself, no matter if they'd ever have a shot in the league :)
I would not go as far and say that there is some sort of lack of attention as such. Who were the players in past years that should have been drafted and weren't? Prospect quality is only now picking up and with bunch of players playing CHL every year it is impossible to say that NHL is not looking at them, they just find them not worth drafting.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I would not go as far and say that there is some sort of lack of attention as such. Who were the players in past years that should have been drafted and weren't? Prospect quality is only now picking up and with bunch of players playing CHL every year it is impossible to say that NHL is not looking at them, they just find them not worth drafting.
I didn't mean to say that it is caused with indiffirence or prejudice or something. Sure, it's all about quality.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I guess it's time to make a humble prediction on draft chances of belarusian players.

NHL Draft
Yeryomenko
still Sharangovich
and let's say Sapego.

CHL Import draft (in decreasing order of likelihood):
Alistrov
Kolyachonok
Kazyanin
Stepanov
Protas
Oksentyuk
Barkovsky

You basically nailed NHL draft, eagerly waiting how close you will be with your CHL prediction. As now it again is possible to draft goalies, maybe Tolopilo gets picked even though I like him less than Sharangovich. :sarcasm:

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
You basically nailed NHL draft, eagerly waiting how close you will be with your CHL prediction. As now it again is possible to draft goalies, maybe Tolopilo gets picked even though I like him less than Sharangovich. :sarcasm:
With goalies being drafted this list mostly makes no sense, I'll be happy if we get 2 or 3 players drafted no matter who.
Anyway I'd change few names by now though. No Barkovski and Masilevich instead of Oksentyuk.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
With goalies being drafted this list mostly makes no sense
* which doesn't mean that I expect goalies from Belarus instead of mentioned players, but means that a lot of goalies expected to be drafted leaves little room for field players, which makes it harder to compete against top-nations players.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Few updates.
Sharangovich is signed by NJ Devils.
Alistrov and Stepanov are signed by their WHL clubs and there are rumours of some other junior players have signed deals with CHL clubs.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Belarus U17 ntdp (2002-2003-born players) outscored Brest-2 and Shakhter-2 in exhibition games respectively 12:2 and 7:1. These kids seem to be going to dominate Belarus-2 league this season.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Belarus U17 ntdp (2002-2003-born players) outscored Brest-2 and Shakhter-2 in exhibition games respectively 12:2 and 7:1. These kids seem to be going to dominate Belarus-2 league this season.
Are rosters published somewhere?

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Thanks!

Just saw that Kabush played for Russia 02 team in recent region tournament. Sapelnikov played for North-West team :/
Yes, I noticed that, too.
I guess North-West team is the (or one of the) reserve team for Russia u17.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad