Prospect Info: Bedard Topic 2

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Association with morons will eventually lead to becoming a moron. ;)

The main boards are a f***ing cesspool... not sure why anyone bothers with them.
Way too late for me.
“Never wrestle with a pig because you'll both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
"Don't take shit from anybody" - Andrew Shaw (probably)

Reactions: Malaka and Larmer83

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Marchessault would be a great fit and he might go for a high AAV low term deal. I'm sure some contender is going to throw big money at him though and it might be his last chance to get a 4-5 year deal. But that would be a really nice get for Davidson.

Bertuzzi I'm less interested in. Open to having my mind changed but I've never really cared for him.

It would have to be something absurd like 2 years, 11 million per IMO

ijuka

May 14, 2016

This seriously used January 31 as the cutoff so McDavid and Gretzky wouldn't make it to age 18?

January 1 might make sense, but January 31 seems completely arbitrary. What's the scientific basis for using that as the cutoff? A reason other than pushing McDavid and Gretzky to the next year.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I
This seriously used January 31 as the cutoff so McDavid and Gretzky wouldn't make it to age 18?

January 1 might make sense, but January 31 seems completely arbitrary. What's the scientific basis for using that as the cutoff? A reason other than pushing McDavid and Gretzky to the next year.
Paul Pidutti lol I got blocked from his Twitter for dunking on him when he was saying Letang and Mike Green were better Dmen than Keith all time. His PPS system overrates the hell out of anyone who is constantly injured and masks it as efficiency

Last edited:
Reactions: Pez68

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
any chance he plays for Canada in the WC? If he does I'll be watching that instead of the playoffs lol. Would love to see him playing on big ice with good teammates. Would be super cool if him and Crosby both go and are on a line together.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
any chance he plays for Canada in the WC? If he does I'll be watching that instead of the playoffs lol. Would love to see him playing on big ice with good teammates. Would be super cool if him and Crosby both go and are on a line together.
They mentioned it on the Sens broadcast. Guerin wants guys to play.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think he will, or at least has no reason not to. He can't sign an extension until next summer at the earliest, his NHL spot is as secure as it gets. Plus he is likely still mad about the missed time with the broken jaw. The added benefit is that wearing the Hockey Canada senior jersey increases his odds of making the '25 Gary's Tournament and the '26 Olympics.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Fully expecting Bedard to play for Canada. Some say Crosby will play too. Would be worth watching

I can see Vlasic and Jones playing for team USA. Kurashev for the Swiss. Mrazek likely for the home team CZE

Curious how many players will go to this tournament. If enough players opt out maybe Canada takes someone like Dickinson for our fourth line. The past few Worlds teams have been far from loaded

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Isnt this basically what happened in that Russel Crowe movie, Cinderella man?

He was a boxer, but had no left punch, but broke his right hand. So working on the docks during the depression, he had to use his left arm. After a few months, now he has a decent left punch too.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8168.jpeg

Third time for Connor

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Saw some posts in the international forum that Bedard to Canada he would play in the Worlds.

I'm more fired up for the Worlds than the NHL playoffs now.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
might be a paywall, but there was a good article on Bedard in ESPN today,

Inside Connor Bedard's first season: How the first overall pick has lived up to the hype
Thank you for posting! Great article that speaks to how pure Bedard's love for the game is and how easy he is to like as a human being.

We, as fans, are truly lucky to have come from the winning era of Kane, Toews, Hoss and crew, to this new era of watching a remarkable young hockey player grow to become a dominant force in the best league on the planet.

Reactions: ytsejam

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And as for Bedard's work ethics between games:

"The Blackhawks have a hockey shooting range at their practice facility, which they sometimes rent out for birthday parties," Kaplan wrote. "Bedard is in there so much, the team simply refers to it as 'Connor's room.' Davidson joked he would need to lock it to keep him out. It was a bit of fun, until Davidson got a text one Sunday while watching NFL games on his couch. Bedard wanted to know why the room was locked, and if Davidson did it intentionally. The innocent error was duly fixed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad